Tottenham Thread

chonabot

You can't be happy with the amount of goals scored in the EPL creating more chances yet not hitting the net (9 with 3 of those penaltys) Defoe can back em in for fun on a Thursday against poor oposition,Soldadodo seems a waste of money!!!!!!!

Integrating 7 new players into a team is going to take more than 3 months, people like AVB and Baldini know more about football than you and me could ever dream about knowing.

It could well be that they are fairly happy that we are 5 points off the top without playing that well.

You can't be happy with the amount of goals scored in the EPL creating more chances yet not hitting the net (9 with 3 of those penaltys) Defoe can back em in for fun on a Thursday against poor oposition,Soldadodo seems a waste of money!!!!!!!

Integrating 7 new players into a team is going to take more than 3 months, people like AVB and Baldini know more about football than you and me could ever dream about knowing.

It could well be that they are fairly happy that we are 5 points off the top without playing that well.

I think Binnsy supports Ipswich Alfxermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.pnggiggle.gif

I think Binnsy supports Ipswich Alfxermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.pnggiggle.gif

Oh yes, i remember him now, a shame he doesn't know as much about football as he does about tractors rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Exactly, that's why i say it's an excuse to call Spurs's season transitional when it's no more than

most other teams regarding player changes.

In fact, AVB has already had 15months to set up his squad therefore he now needs to start delivering

Levy"s expectations, otherwise, we all know the outcome.

The squads been together for 4 months facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

If AVB was at Spurs for only 4 months then i'd agree with you.

But, he's been our manager for 15 months, which is enough time to

judge his performance.

Like i said before, i think he's doing ok, but that's all.

• Like 1

Exactly, that's why i say it's an excuse to call Spurs's season transitional when it's no more than

In fact, AVB has already had 15months to set up his squad therefore he now needs to start delivering

The squads been together for 4 months facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

judge his performance.

Bit harsh mate. He lost van Der Vaart and Modric before the season started. Arguably our best players at the time. Diabolical business shipping out Van Der Vaart in particular and replacing with Dempsey. He lost Kaboul for the whole season and Sandro for two thirds of it. Lost out on fourth on the last day of the season...again! Still finished with our highest points tally.

This season began with Bale on strike and seven players shipped out. We're currently five points off the top.

Spurs fans have no reason to complain, bar feeling a little disgruntled by the lack of goals which will sort itself out in due course

judge his performance.

But 15 months ago he had Bale and didn't have 100m to spend !

Have to laugh at some of our fickle Spurs Mob, we're 11 games into the season playing with a lot of new players who havn't clicked yet and we're only 5 poins behind the Goons and we've conceded the second least goals in the division.

All of a sudden they're saying we should be doing this and should be doing that and to be fair most of them havn't got a clue about how the professional game is played.

Best thing is to leave it to the experts, give them enough time and then if it isn't working then have a moan up, not start moaning not even a third into the season !

To be fair alfie, we're all experts and that's what makes talking football so great.biggrin.png

Have to laugh at some of our fickle Spurs Mob, we're 11 games into the season playing with a lot of new players who havn't clicked yet and we're only 5 poins behind the Goons and we've conceded the second least goals in the division.

All of a sudden they're saying we should be doing this and should be doing that and to be fair most of them havn't got a clue about how the professional game is played.

Best thing is to leave it to the experts, give them enough time and then if it isn't working then have a moan up, not start moaning not even a third into the season !

To be fair alfie, we're all experts and that's what makes talking football so great.biggrin.png

You speak for yourself laugh.png

MCFC 6 IN

THFC 7 IN

EFC 7 IN

CFC 8 IN

LFC 9 IN

Players in doesn't mean anything if they ain't playing games, i'm talking about Spurs integrating new players into the team, incidently Spurs new players have played more games than any other team, if your going to post facts at least make them revelent to the argument.

majority of our games we've started 3/4 of those new players with 1 or 2 also coming off the bench.

Alfie - I don't think Spurs are doing too bad, considering the lack of goals you are still collecting points. It's just the constant lack of goals is excused by the new squad/new players.

I don't know how many times you lot have mentioned it on here since before the season started.

You guys blindly use this same get out jail free card…..eventually it will expire.

To be fair Bob we give the same answers because everyone keeps barking on with the same monotonous questions.

Why should we go back on our original answer?

I'll tell you another thing...i'm deeply pissed off with what i'm reading on Spurs related forums from the whining fair weather crowd that want immediate success. If i were sitting behind the dugouts i'd probably end up getting myself ejected because i don't want this lot at home games. All they do is help the away team.

AVB is building from solid foundations at the back which is why we are only five points off top. I was delighted with many aspects of our performance against Tim Krul. Ofcourse we couldn't beat him and that was disappointing but i could see the right positives in our play. I am also quite confident that Mssrs Baldini and Levy are fine with our progress because they know a fair bit about football, or thats what i'm led to believe!

As i repeated and will do so again, i'm very much an advocate of lamella right, Townsend/Chadli left, and i think there lies the difference. He's stubborn but i reckon AVB will come round to this but all in all, apart from Wenger who the league stand out coach, as a coach and a person i'm very happy with our incumbent and i think were on the right tracks. Anyone with half a brain knows you build from the back and he's turned us from a second rate leaky defense to one that is just about the best in the league.

If you had offered me our current point tally and cup progress on day one of the season i'd have snapped your hand off.

To be honest with you I'd be happy too, as you say a tight defense is the key and if you can get them firing at the front then you have a title contending team. Like you say Tim Krul pulled off some great saves and "mis-firing Spurs" would have scored 2 or 3 crackers and everyone would talking different. Remembering that Newcastle team managed to knock 2 past Chelsea with no reply the week before.

I just have this niggle about having such supposed quality and attacking depth and not scoring goals. I wonder whether AVB has the tactical attacking acumen to get the best out of these players going forward. It's not a wind up I'm generally bemused by this, but am aware I could well be eating my words.

I've never seen such a fascinating start to a season, there are 8 teams within 6 points of each other after 11 games, I can't remember a EPL season starting like this.

• Like 2

Actually i am insulted that you reckon a AVB knows more about football than me(you have no idea)especially some wap from Italy who just is a "technical man" and has done fuc_k all! shows you up for your lack of knowledge that comment ........you know fuc_k all maybe OK! now carry on Alfred,shovel at the ready.....stand at ease son.

Edited by MrRed
  • Like 1

Actually i am insulted that you reckon a AVB knows more about football than me(you have no idea)especially some wap from Italy who just is a "technical man" and has done fuc_k all! shows you up for your lack of knowledge that comment ........you know fuc_k all maybe OK! now carry on Alfred,shovel at the ready.....stand at ease son.

Red, you don't even know the offside rule, let alone anything else laugh.png

• Like 2

Well said Alfie!

All teams have their set off fickle fans quick to jump on the band wagon when things aren't quite going how they want them to be and Spurs certainly have their fair share as can be heard at home games and seen on forums. Like Carms said this only helps the away teams! As I have said I think you will start scoring and winning games, whether that is in the next two games (City away and United at home) will be very interesting to see. If you win those games or take say 4 points then that will help quieten some negativity but if you loose them both I fear you will only hear more of the negativity unfortunately.

Like Carms said I think Levy will be content with the situation at the moment but I will say Alf that in my opinion and of course it is only that, AVB will be gone if you finish 7th or 8th.

YB

To be fair YB, i will be the first to jump on AVB once i feel he's had enough time, i'm already totting up the little mistakes i feel he has made which i will also bring into play at the revelent time !

Footnote : Bit off topic, but do you do any work as you seem to be on here a hell of a lot lately ? you can tell me to piss off as it's none of my business if you want laugh.png

biggrin.png

Edited by BangrakBob

Well said Alfie!

All teams have their set off fickle fans quick to jump on the band wagon when things aren't quite going how they want them to be and Spurs certainly have their fair share as can be heard at home games and seen on forums. Like Carms said this only helps the away teams! As I have said I think you will start scoring and winning games, whether that is in the next two games (City away and United at home) will be very interesting to see. If you win those games or take say 4 points then that will help quieten some negativity but if you loose them both I fear you will only hear more of the negativity unfortunately.

Like Carms said I think Levy will be content with the situation at the moment but I will say Alf that in my opinion and of course it is only that, AVB will be gone if you finish 7th or 8th.

YB

To be fair YB, i will be the first to jump on AVB once i feel he's had enough time, i'm already totting up the little mistakes i feel he has made which i will also bring into play at the revelent time !

Footnote : Bit off topic, but do you do any work as you seem to be on here a hell of a lot lately ? you can tell me to piss off as it's none of my business if you want laugh.png

I think he's minted, maybe landed gentry. No need to work. Definitely, along with Smokie, the politest poster in the history of the football forum!biggrin.png

I was beginning to think he was one of yours sent to infiltrate our ranks xph34r.png.pagespeed.ic.GOH20nhrx_.png

Well said Alfie!

YB

Ha ha your right Alfie I do have a job and work. In the few quick breaks I have in the day I find myself reading the forum and am often compelled to respond. I really should show more self discipline!! rolleyes.gif

The big question is what is enough time? Everyone has a difference of opinion of this. Personally I am one that says a manager deserves at least 2 years. What about you Alfie?

YB

Too many factors to say how long exactly....but AVB has until next summer at least to do a job.

I hope we replace Defoe as playing two strikers is all very well if they are good enough.

Just hope Adebayor is not getting 100k a week payments any more! :blink:

Too many factors to say how long exactly....but AVB has until next summer at least to do a job.

I hope we replace Defoe as playing two strikers is all very well if they are good enough.

Just hope Adebayor is not getting 100k a week payments any more! blink.png

Agree, it's never black and white. In my opinion 2 years is a fair ball park figure for most managers. Obviously like you say factors have to be taken into account and that should certainly be the case for AVB.

Just hope Adebayor is not getting 100k a week payments any more! blink.png

laugh.pnghttp://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/442919/EXCLUSIVE-I-won-t-ask-to-leave-Spurs-I-just-want-to-play-says-Jermain-Defoe

I reckon your striking pair will soon be Defoe and Dempsey. biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

judge his performance.

Bit harsh mate. He lost van Der Vaart and Modric before the season started. Arguably our best players at the time. Diabolical business shipping out Van Der Vaart in particular and replacing with Dempsey. He lost Kaboul for the whole season and Sandro for two thirds of it. Lost out on fourth on the last day of the season...again! Still finished with our highest points tally.

This season began with Bale on strike and seven players shipped out. We're currently five points off the top.

Spurs fans have no reason to complain, bar feeling a little disgruntled by the lack of goals which will sort itself out in due course

Yeah, i agree that we've lost some of our best players in the last 2 summer windows, but good managers can deal with that and get through it, and i hope AVB falls in to that category, time will tell.

Look at how many good players left Man Utd over the years and Fergie just kept it going.

Wenger also has lost his best players over the last 5-6 seasons and look what their doing,

it's part & parcel of being a good manager.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to how patient Levy is going to be with AVB.

• Like 1

613 pages, now on a 2nd rate team going nowhere. I will cum bak to the empty vessel thing; but how many pages here 4 UTD, City, Chelsea etc.

Bin called chavvy scum, but that puts me abuv yooz.

laugh.png

Bore off you plonker.

Yes, he's too thick to be anything other than a boring witless troll. Don'y you also feel a little stupid replying to a young lad that has the grammatical skills of a buffalo!! (btw, vanilla face, dat is da most stupid animal in thailand innit)

613 pages, now on a 2nd rate team going nowhere. I will cum bak to the empty vessel thing; but how many pages here 4 UTD, City, Chelsea etc.

laugh.png

Bore off you plonker.

Yes, he's too thick to be anything other than a boring witless troll. Don'y you also feel a little stupid replying to a young lad that has the grammatical skills of a buffalo!! (btw, vanilla face, dat is da most stupid animal in thailand innit)

"Don'y you also feel a little stupid replying to a young lad that has the grammatical skills of a buffalo!! "

Was that a question or a rant? (!)whistling.gif

laugh.png

Bore off you plonker.

"Don'y you also feel a little stupid replying to a young lad that has the grammatical skills of a buffalo!! "

clap2.gif Heres his sidekick!!! The two losers that come on a football forum everyday but don't discuss football, just troll.

btw, Look at the post numb nuts, i was following on from smokie, not replying to your mate, so no i "don'y"(xermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.png did soi sauce help you write this?) feel stupid.

Both of you continue to be so dull.

clap2.gif Heres his sidekick!!! The two losers that come on a football forum everyday but don't discuss football, just troll.

btw, Look at the post numb nuts, i was following on from smokie, not replying to your mate, so no i "don'y"(xermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.png did soi sauce help you write this?) feel stupid.

You can't talk to mad mary like that, he's got badges ya know laugh.png

• Like 1

He gets a free car parking space! What more does he want?

Heating Allowance ?? coffee1.gif

BT biggrin.png

100 grand a week and told to play with the reserves.

• Like 1