Tottenham Thread

chonabot

It would solve our left back issue immediately and let us focus elsewhere on a signing. Question is who to bring in....a striker surely!

I don't think Levy will bring anyone in, I think 107 million is enough spent and he will probably wait to see if Sherwood can do what AVB couldn't.

• Like 1

Heres a question for Spurs fans to mull over. Just how long can we persevere with effectively only three center backs? Kaboul has now been crocked, bar a couple of games, for one and a half seasons! whilst Chiriches was excellent yesterday, and Dawson played well too, we currently have no cover other than Capoue. But then were wide open with Sandro and Paulinho injured.

Something has to give here. Surely the time has come to make a decision on Kaboul, and if its a no then we need to address the center back issue and strengthen, or possibly bring in one of our youngsters.

I think we should be ok Carms,

Vertonghen and Kaboul have returned to light training so should be back in contention soon.

Here's a link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2532186/Jan-Vertonghen-Younes-Kaboul-return-training-giving-Sherwood-New-Year-defensive-boost.html

Sherwood's doing a great job mate, i think we all agree but do you know why he took off Capoue and replaced him with a 19 year old with one premier league under his belt?

If Capoue wasn't injured that decision was utterly bizarre! Any thoughts?

Certainly has faith in youth, which I personally like to see in managers whatever the club.

A good result for Spurs, fair play. Only watched the highlights so don't want to comment too much but thought whoever was defending against Erikson for the 2nd goal was a fault. Sherwood showing some man management skills, getting Adebayor playing again. Certainly need to add a replacement for him sooner rather than later because we all know he won't keep it up for too long. If Sherwood can start getting consistent results at home Alfie will be happy because your be over achieving on that top 8 finish he would have taken. wink.png

Regarding the penalty Carms, Moyes focusing only on that and the other decisions and not on his team inability was poor although I thought he had a point with the pen. Penalty and yellow card for me, dangerous tackle, contact (although slight due to him evading it) was made. You honestly don't think it was?

YB

• Like 1

Heres a question for Spurs fans to mull over. Just how long can we persevere with effectively only three center backs? Kaboul has now been crocked, bar a couple of games, for one and a half seasons! whilst Chiriches was excellent yesterday, and Dawson played well too, we currently have no cover other than Capoue. But then were wide open with Sandro and Paulinho injured.

Something has to give here. Surely the time has come to make a decision on Kaboul, and if its a no then we need to address the center back issue and strengthen, or possibly bring in one of our youngsters.

I think we should be ok Carms,

Vertonghen and Kaboul have returned to light training so should be back in contention soon.

Here's a link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2532186/Jan-Vertonghen-Younes-Kaboul-return-training-giving-Sherwood-New-Year-defensive-boost.html

Sherwood's doing a great job mate, i think we all agree but do you know why he took off Capoue and replaced him with a 19 year old with one premier league under his belt?

If Capoue wasn't injured that decision was utterly bizarre! Any thoughts?

Certainly has faith in youth, which I personally like to see in managers whatever the club.

A good result for Spurs, fair play. Only watched the highlights so don't want to comment too much but thought whoever was defending against Erikson for the 2nd goal was a fault. Sherwood showing some man management skills, getting Adebayor playing again. Certainly need to add a replacement for him sooner rather than later because we all know he won't keep it up for too long. If Sherwood can start getting consistent results at home Alfie will be happy because your be over achieving on that top 8 finish he would have taken. wink.png

Regarding the penalty Carms, Moyes focusing only on that and the other decisions and not on his team inability was poor although I thought he had a point with the pen. Penalty and yellow card for me, dangerous tackle, contact (although slight due to him evading it) was made. You honestly don't think it was?

YB

All depends if his supplier at Stoke Newington can meet his regular demands. wink.png

A few good results from you guys. What is your verdict on AVB now?

Its irrelevant because he's gone, but for the record, whilst the style was not as exciting as the recent games under Sherwood he still has the 2nd highest win ratio in our club history.

That really DOES say a lot cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

BT coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Interesting article:

Sherwood gives permission to QPR to play BAE in the FA Cup

but not Tom Carroll.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-sherwood-gives-qpr-the-green-light-on-assou-ekotto-but-carroll-will-miss-everton-game

Which means that they either have another left back lined up a or that he has faith in Fryers ! it wouldn't surprise me if it was the latter.

Interesting article:

but not Tom Carroll.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-sherwood-gives-qpr-the-green-light-on-assou-ekotto-but-carroll-will-miss-everton-game

Which means that they either have another left back lined up a or that he has faith in Fryers ! it wouldn't surprise me if it was the latter.

Agreed and its starting to appear as if Sherwoods policy will be to bring the youngsters through. I hear we have a very promising U21 center back that could well be emerging soon

Interesting article:

but not Tom Carroll.

Agreed and its starting to appear as if Sherwoods policy will be to bring the youngsters through. I hear we have a very promising U21 center back that could well be emerging soon

Some might say you should of kept that 100million along with the likes of Huddlestone and Caulker who have been very impressive so far.

Interesting article:

but not Tom Carroll.

Some might say you should of kept that 100million along with the likes of Huddlestone and Caulker who have been very impressive so far.

YB, tell me if Huddlestone is better than any of the following, Paulinho, Sandro, Dembele, Capou ? and that will give you your answer as to why we got rid of him, the modern game is about quick, mobile midfield players of which he isn't !

Interesting article:

but not Tom Carroll.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a bid go in for Luke Shaw, after all the last left back they signed from Saints turned out OK. wink.png

Interesting article:

but not Tom Carroll.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a bid go in for Luke Shaw, after all the last left back they signed from Saints turned out OK. wink.png

Talk of him going to Chelsea ups, besides we ain't going to get him on the cheap like we did with Bale.

Interesting article:

but not Tom Carroll.

No chance of getting him though. We'd be gazumped by Moyeschester and the Chavs just for starters

Luke Shaw is going nowhere. Just signed a 5 year contract, and stated yesterday that he doesn't want to leave. He's only just 18, plenty of time for the big money moves. As it is he gets to play every week which wouldn't happen if he went to Chelsea or Man U. Saints reiterated yesterday that he is not available, he is under contract, the Man U's and Chelsea's of this world should respect that and back off instead of thinking that they only have to wave the cheque book and they can go in and poach good young players who the so called smaller clubs have spent years developing, thereby ruining these clubs season half way through. It's wrong, the January window should be done away with. Perhaps these so called elite clubs would do better taking a leaf out of the Saints book, and develop a decent youth academy of their own.

Luke Shaw is going nowhere. Just signed a 5 year contract, and stated yesterday that he doesn't want to leave. He's only just 18, plenty of time for the big money moves. As it is he gets to play every week which wouldn't happen if he went to Chelsea or Man U. Saints reiterated yesterday that he is not available, he is under contract, the Man U's and Chelsea's of this world should respect that and back off instead of thinking that they only have to wave the cheque book and they can go in and poach good young players who the so called smaller clubs have spent years developing, thereby ruining these clubs season half way through. It's wrong, the January window should be done away with. Perhaps these so called elite clubs would do better taking a leaf out of the Saints book, and develop a decent youth academy of their own.

Couldn't agree more but sadly thats not the way it is. Chelsea have successfully waved their cheque book for ten years. Still not considered an elite club though!biggrin.png

Havn't seen Ups on here thanking us for lending him one of our up and coming youngters, some people have no gratitude whistling.gif

I've seen the first team regulars play, mate, I'm just imagining what the 'up and comers' must be like.biggrin.png

How do you pronounce his first name?

Edited by uptheos