Tottenham Thread

chonabot

So in summary Rose should not have been sent off. He is rewarded for a superb piece of defending with a ban. Dzejo should be banned for simulation!

City though are absolute class, excellent win.

Last night I was of the opinion that it wasn't a penalty, as Rose got the ball. However, after seeing replays, I'm not so sure now as he came in from the rear-side and took Dzecko out. If you do that in the box, you always risk a pen being given. We should have had a penalty earlier on when Dawson (I think it was) handballed not once but juggled it in the area.

So in summary Rose should not have been sent off. He is rewarded for a superb piece of defending with a ban. Dzejo should be banned for simulation!

City though are absolute class, excellent win.

Last night I was of the opinion that it wasn't a penalty, as Rose got the ball. However, after seeing replays, I'm not so sure now as he came in from the rear-side and took Dzecko out. If you do that in the box, you always risk a pen being given. We should have had a penalty earlier on when Dawson (I think it was) handballed not once but juggled it in the area.

You should have let us win just to annoy MrRed even further.

You know it makes sense.

Anyway we was robbed by the ref and beaten by a better team.

No complaints really....just observations on one or two decisions.

We need our best players back for the run in and I am glad TS isn't rushing them and risking further injury....long way to go so let's be patient.

COYS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Just seen the penalty foul. For me, no penalty. Vid below.

https://vine.co/v/MuVxtIVtJWE

Correct NOT a penalty, and the ref didn't give it, he signalled for a corner,

but the linesman gave it.

The score at the time was only 0-1 but after that decision 0-2 and down to 10 men,

hence the thrashing that followed.

Also bear in mind that Dawson had a goal disallowed before half time for offside that

was also said to be the WRONG decision by the linesman. which would have made it 1-1

at half time.

Yaya Toure should have had a second yellow soon after he got his first yellow in the first half

but the ref bottled it.

Could have been a much different game if it weren't for the bad calls made by the officials

that's why as a Tottenham fan i'm not in the slightest bit ashamed to have lost this game 1-5.

We were beaten by a good Man City side and 3 bad decisions by the ref and linesmen.

Unlike the previous heavy losses against Liverpool and Man City earlier in the season where

we were shamefully dreadful.

Please. Both Adebayor and Dawson were offside and Adebayor with clear interference.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/39365-former-ref-says-spurs-red-was-wrong.php#.Uuqd7P0gVBU

Tottenham are going to appeal the red card for Danny Rose, so hopefully he won't

be getting a 3 match ban.

• Like 1

Interesting!

Last day of the transfer window and many reports coming through that Holtby

will be going to Fulham with Berbatov coming back to Spurs.

I'd be happy with that, if it happens as i can't see Holtby getting much game time

under Sherwood and Berbatov can come in handy alongside Adebayor.

Good teams don't have 5+ goals consistently put past them, particularly at home

OK Bob. So by your way of thinking Manchester United, the year they won the title or lost on goal difference, can't remember which, were a bad side because they were thrashed early in the season 6-1 at home.

Nice one mate, you talk a lot of sensecheesy.gif

• Like 1

Interesting!

I'd be happy with that, if it happens as i can't see Holtby getting much game time

Don't tell me it's come to this! biggrin.png

OK Bob. So by your way of thinking Manchester United, the year they won the title or lost on goal difference, can't remember which, were a bad side because they were thrashed early in the season 6-1 at home.

Nice one mate, you talk a lot of sense:cheesy:

We weren't a bad side but we were thoroughly ashamed of that result, and had we not capitulated so badly in that game, we wouldn't have lost the title on goal difference.

Of course all teams lose at some point, but how you lose does make a difference. Suggesting that it doesn't, is a nonsense.

We weren't a bad side but we were thoroughly ashamed of that result, and had we not capitulated so badly in that game, we wouldn't have lost the title on goal difference.

Of course all teams lose at some point, but how you lose does make a difference. Suggesting that it doesn't, is a nonsense.

No ones suggesting it doesn't are they. I'm just explaining to Bob the very obvious flaw in his view of Spurs being a bad team. Were not. We are prone to the odd capitulation but a side that has been the fifth best side in the league over the past few years is obviously not a "bad" side and to suggest so is the "nonsense" you refer to.

Who or what is 'the good team' ? One Quality team on display & a mediocre bunch of overrated blah getting raped by anything that poses an attacking option beyond 11 men behind the ball (oh didn't the hammers bypass that).

Why the vitriol? Is your ex boyfriend a Spurs fan?

Interesting!

Sorry, highlighted the wrong part previously.

Are you saying that Spurs should go with an up front pairing of Berbatov and Adebayor, presumably with Soldadud on the bench?

Regarding Holtby, he never was good enough for Spurs from day one and has contributed zilch during his time there. He might do OK at Fulham, a lot of players get put out to pasture there.

No ones suggesting it doesn't are they.

Ian said, and I quote, "goal difference is irrelevant".

That was what I was taking issue with. The idea that if you are going to get beat, it makes no difference how badly you get beat.

Along with the comment from yourself and Ian that there was no shame in being thrashed. I think there is always shame in that, unless we are talking a real minnow against a giant, like we see at times in the FA Cup.

The score at the time was only 0-1 but after that decision 0-2 and down to 10 men,

Also bear in mind that Dawson had a goal disallowed before half time for offside that

was also said to be the WRONG decision by the linesman. which would have made it 1-1

at half time.

Yaya Toure should have had a second yellow soon after he got his first yellow in the first half

but the ref bottled it.

Could have been a much different game if it weren't for the bad calls made by the officials

that's why as a Tottenham fan i'm not in the slightest bit ashamed to have lost this game 1-5.

We were beaten by a good Man City side and 3 bad decisions by the ref and linesmen.

Unlike the previous heavy losses against Liverpool and Man City earlier in the season where

Please. Both Adebayor and Dawson were offside and Adebayor with clear interference.

correct and even if dawson was marginally on adebayor was definitely interfering. lino got that one right.

• Like 2

Interesting!

Sorry, highlighted the wrong part previously.

Are you saying that Spurs should go with an up front pairing of Berbatov and Adebayor, presumably with Soldadud on the bench?

Regarding Holtby, he never was good enough for Spurs from day one and has contributed zilch during his time there. He might do OK at Fulham, a lot of players get put out to pasture there.

Right now we could do with one more striker as Defoe will be leaving at the end of Feb,

and if that means bringing in Berbatov with Holtby going the other way, for me it makes sense,

it improves the squad and gives Sherwood more options.

I also think he's better than Soldado so if we play 2 up front he would play alongside Ade.

• Like 1

No ones suggesting it doesn't are they. I'm just explaining to Bob the very obvious flaw in his view of Spurs being a bad team. Were not. We are prone to the odd capitulation but a side that has been the fifth best side in the league over the past few years is obviously not a "bad" side and to suggest so is the "nonsense" you refer to.

That defeat was the first of its kind in 56 years for untied, a one off. Spurs spent 100 million in a transfer window, to get battered by 5 goals or more 3 times in 2 months. I didn't suggest you were a bad side just not good considering those 2 points. What bemused me was you comment a good side being beaten by a better side, when a team puts 5 past you at home again. You seem to pass it off as an okay thing, a bit like the delusion you like take point with the united fans.

No ones suggesting it doesn't are they.

Ian said, and I quote, "goal difference is irrelevant".

That was what I was taking issue with. The idea that if you are going to get beat, it makes no difference how badly you get beat.

Along with the comment from yourself and Ian that there was no shame in being thrashed. I think there is always shame in that, unless we are talking a real minnow against a giant, like we see at times in the FA Cup.

Nicely done rixy, you took my comment nicely out of context. Let me explain, though I suspect the other readers knew full well what I meant. I did indeed say "goal difference is irrelevant". That was in the context of last week, before last night and indeed this morning. We have absolutely no chance of catching up on the goal diff with Liverpool.... It's a done deal if we finish on equal points 4th and 5th then we lose. So it makes absolutely no sense to go and park the bus at 0-1, or 0-2 for that matter. Attack is the best form of defence, and we are good enough to snatch some goals in quick succession, whilst of course leaving ourselves wide open at the back. That is why he delayed Naughton as sub - a desperate attempt to an all out attack with 10 men. In THIS context it doesn't matter a toss if it's 0-2 or 1-5. For us at this point in time goal difference is irrelevant and will continue to be irrelevant for the remainder of the season. Got it now?

REPLY TO POST # 16697.

i'm no longer sure what point you are making or even if there is one. Best move on i suppose.

What, imho you would be better advised doing is keeping your fingers crossed that Suarez stays injury free, because Spurs, the team you don't rate are snapping at your heals, and have a much stronger squad to cope with winter injuries. You're all getting far too carried away with your win over an Everton team that simply didn't turn up. I'd be more concerned about the rather erratic tactical decisions of Rodgers too. You're all very over excited considering we're only just entering the business end of the season.

Just seen in the gutter press Livermore has been recalled. Is this true anyone?

I think it's utter BS. Recalling from another Premier League club is unheard of and not possible as far as I am aware.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2549000/Tottenham-recall-midfielder-Livermore-Hull-City-spell.html

Sherwood is a big fan of 24-year-old Livermore and has invoked a clause that allows him to bring the midfielder back to White Hart Lane just five months after he was sent to Humberside on a season-long loan by his predecessor Andre Villas-Boas.
Edited by Chicog

at half time.

but the ref bottled it.

Looking at the vid (didn't see the game) i think Rose got to the ball before the player, so no penalty.But he did come in from the back, possible penalty. And studs were showing, a little bit picky. Perhaps the penalty was given for pulling a player to the floor, a cert in my book. Rose must be very lonely the way he needs to hold the opponents hand. All in all I think it was a penalty. Going down to 10 men will obviously affect a game, and I commend the manager for still going for a win, but damage limitation should have been thought about at some point.

• Like 1

I think it's utter BS. Recalling from another Premier League club is unheard of and not possible as far as I am aware.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2549000/Tottenham-recall-midfielder-Livermore-Hull-City-spell.html

Sherwood is a big fan of 24-year-old Livermore and has invoked a clause that allows him to bring the midfielder back to White Hart Lane just five months after he was sent to Humberside on a season-long loan by his predecessor Andre Villas-Boas.

Personally I don't think this should be allowed. No time to look for a replacement that could be vital for them, but if it's in the terms then spurs need to look after themselves.

Nicely done rixy, you took my comment nicely out of context. Let me explain, though I suspect the other readers knew full well what I meant. I did indeed say "goal difference is irrelevant". That was in the context of last week, before last night and indeed this morning. We have absolutely no chance of catching up on the goal diff with Liverpool.... It's a done deal if we finish on equal points 4th and 5th then we lose. So it makes absolutely no sense to go and park the bus at 0-1, or 0-2 for that matter. Attack is the best form of defence, and we are good enough to snatch some goals in quick succession, whilst of course leaving ourselves wide open at the back. That is why he delayed Naughton as sub - a desperate attempt to an all out attack with 10 men. In THIS context it doesn't matter a toss if it's 0-2 or 1-5. For us at this point in time goal difference is irrelevant and will continue to be irrelevant for the remainder of the season. Got it now?

None of any of that changes my opinion.

There are indeed certain times when goal difference makes no difference, with regards where you finish. Last couple of games of the season, for example, might be one of those times, if the teams around you have vastly different GD figures.

Just over half way through the season, with no certainty of what position you will end up battling it out with another team/teams for, as was the case when you took on City, wasn't one of those times. Far too early to be stating that goal difference is an irrelevance to you.

• Like 1

Doesn't appear to be true and there's a couple of reports to suggest that:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/livermore-remain-loan-hull?

http://www.clubcall.com/hull-city/tigers-dismiss-exit-talk-1703831.html?

None of any of that changes my opinion.

There are indeed certain times when goal difference makes no difference, with regards where you finish. Last couple of games of the season, for example, might be one of those times, if the teams around you have vastly different GD figures.

Just over half way through the season, with no certainty of what position you will end up battling it out with another team/teams for, as was the case when you took on City, wasn't one of those times. Far too early to be stating that goal difference is an irrelevance to you.

Unintelligible drivel. But you can optimistically think we will score more than Liverpool in the last 16 matches if it makes you happy .... Nice thought indeed, but then you mistaken chap you, we would need to score another 30 more goals to get ahead..... Hello.?

Manchester United manager David Moyes has been linked with a shock move for Tottenham Hotspur winger Andros Townsend on the final day of the transfer window.

The move may have to be sidelined until the end of the season but the Premier League champions hope to sweeten their rivals by loaning Nani to the White Hart Lane club today.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-manchester-united-reportedly-planning-late-swoop-for-andros-townsend-9098165.html