Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Gianluigi Buffon[8]Parma Juventus £33m €54.3m 2001 2 Manuel Neuer[9]Schalke 04 Bayern Munich £19m €24m 2011 3 David de Gea[10]Atlético Madrid Manchester United £18m €22m 2011 4 Angelo Peruzzi[8]Internazionale Lazio £15.7m €17.8m 2000 5 23px-Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png Fernando Muslera[11]23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Lazio Galatasaray £9.93m €11.75m 2011 6 23px-Flag_of_Slovenia.svg.png Samir Handanović[12]Udinese Internazionale £9m €11.00m 2012 7 Simon Mignolet[13]23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Sunderland 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Liverpool £9m €10.5m 2013 8 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Craig Gordon[14]23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Hearts 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Sunderland £9m €10.2m 2007 9 Thibaut Courtois[citation needed]23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png Racing Genk 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Chelsea £7.8m €8.8m 2011 9 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Hugo Lloris[15]23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Lyon 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Tottenham £7.8m €8.8m 2012 9 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Fabien Barthez[citation needed]23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png AS Monaco 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Manchester United £7.8m €8.8m 2000

Going by that 'chart' 20 ish and in 2 days market 12 mil profit IMO aint that big a temptation and given all factors bottom line, it dont matter what he wants he aint IMO got that much leverage. The same could be argued for paulihno and i'm sure the strengths of the deal wont have escaped levys attention.

It's amazing to think that 33 million quid was paid for Buffon.

Tottenham are reportedly planning an approach for Roberto Martinez as they look to test Everton's resolve following the club's failure to qualify for the Champions League. According to the Times, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is hoping to tempt Martinez with the kind of transfer budget that is not on offer at Goodison Park.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/305409.html

Tottenham are reportedly planning an approach for Roberto Martinez as they look to test Everton's resolve following the club's failure to qualify for the Champions League. According to the Times, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is hoping to tempt Martinez with the kind of transfer budget that is not on offer at Goodison Park.

Interesting. Who would you say has the better squad at present ? I'd vote Everton. I suppose Martinez will be keeping abreast of any management plans to let his players go. As excited as Everton's owner was this year, maybe he'll resist temptation and tell the suitors to kiss off.

Interesting. Who would you say has the better squad at present ? I'd vote Everton. I suppose Martinez will be keeping abreast of any management plans to let his players go. As excited as Everton's owner was this year, maybe he'll resist temptation and tell the suitors to kiss off.

Yes an interesting one. If Everton are to do anything next season they definitely need to strengthen, probably to the tune of several players. They will lose Lukaku for starters and there's every possibility that Barkley will be off if he goes and does well in Brazil. Losing those two really makes it an uphill battle, as I don't think Everton will find it easy to replace them or have the resources. Spurs on the other hand probably have got the resources already, plus they will sell some players IMO and get more. I can see either Martinez or Pochettino doing well there, both like to play attacking football as does Tim. but are tactically they are way ahead of him.

Nope, spurs have the better squad by far and more money, Martinez makes the difference, quality coach, astute tactician, and good European contacts, I'm a huge fan. At the time ari 'left' us. Martinez was in waiting at wigan for a bigger club to come in for him, that was the time to get him, now, IMO, unfortunately there's not a cats chance in hell he's gonna uproot to us.

Edit, espn's football coverage is about on a par with the daily star, but not as well informed.

Edited by rijit

Nope, spurs have the better squad by far and more money, Martinez makes the difference, quality coach, astute tactician, and good European contacts, I'm a huge fan. At the time ari 'left' us. Martinez was in waiting at wigan for a bigger club to come in for him, that was the time to get him, now, IMO, unfortunately there's not a cats chance in hell he's gonna uproot to us.

Edit, espn's football coverage is about on a par with the daily star, but not as well informed.

Rubbish. ESPN's football coverage was crap years ago but has become pretty good. Sure, they still have their share of rumor mongering crap, but then so does The Guardian. Do you read the "Rumor" section on the Guardian ? Full of as much crap as any other rag. All these media organizations know that the rumor mill stuff attracts viewers/readers. Nobody wants to be left out in the cold.

Rubbish. ESPN's football coverage was crap years ago but has become pretty good. Sure, they still have their share of rumor mongering crap, but then so does The Guardian. Do you read the "Rumor" section on the Guardian ? Full of as much crap as any other rag. All these media organizations know that the rumor mill stuff attracts viewers/readers. Nobody wants to be left out in the cold.

We all know its a load of crap....nothing else to read though unless you like Man Chitty chatter....."at least its not the chavs"........wink.png

the diference being the gaurdian know its crap so they wont lead or try 2 make stories out of it ,thay stick.it in the rubbish bin i e the rumor mill.they dont subject their readers to constnt tedious mindleas dribble The last time i looked at espn admittedly it was 18 mnts or so ago,they did, they constantly led with totally speculative ill written out of date rubbish, but if you reckon they've changed jelly .I' ll have another look.

Edited by rijit

For whatever its worth, I access the USA Espn football reporting which is still listed as "soccer". A damning indictment one would think, but as I say I think they do a good job. I don't know if the UK version of Espn is the same or not.

For whatever its worth, I access the USA Espn football reporting which is still listed as "soccer". A damning indictment one would think, but as I say I think they do a good job. I don't know if the UK version of Espn is the same or not.

no idea? but is that good for us footie ?dot.us as opposed to do com ?

• Like 1

This is where I go Rijit:

http://www.espnfc.com/?cc=4716

But depending on the "cookie detecting" you might not get there.

Except their commentators are mostly idiots.

Can't escape that fact.laugh.png

Watching football with American commentators is a depressing experience. "That was some cross wasn't it William ?" "I'll say it was John".

A better experience in Argentina in that the passion is through the roof, though they are often certifiable. In the states it is the opposite.

Paddy Barclay says hi Chicog.

• Like 1

Watching football with American commentators is a depressing experience. "That was some cross wasn't it William ?" "I'll say it was John".

A better experience in Argentina in that the passion is through the roof, though they are often certifiable. In the states it is the opposite.

And as for that irritating and retarded c*** Tommy "Onion Bag" Smyth, he needs a smack in the kisser.

int_121228_INET_Press_Pass_Tommy_Top_25.

• Like 2

And as for that irritating and retarded c*** Tommy "Onion Bag" Smyth, he needs a smack in the kisser.

int_121228_INET_Press_Pass_Tommy_Top_25.

"Smyt with a <deleted>' Y"

I'm wondering if levy will see Benitez as the safest bet ?

I'm hoping he does....we certainly need an experienced pair of hands to sort this mess of a team out.

Some good players at the Lane but making a side out of em has me scratching my head.

• Like 2