Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Agreed. Why doesn't Levy just listen to the criticism of many years and keep out of the small stuff. As far as I can see we are still pretty much neutral in terms of expenditure v sales over the past few years, so one might say there are many many millions unspent taking the holistic view.

Let the manager offload the surplus in his own time and build his squad without this intolerable micro management. If we do end up with players who refuse to move on, send em on loan.

Agreed. Why doesn't Levy just listen to the criticism of many years and keep out of the small stuff. As far as I can see we are still pretty much neutral in terms of expenditure v sales over the past few years, so one might say there are many many millions unspent taking the holistic view.

Let the manager offload the surplus in his own time and build his squad without this intolerable micro management. If we do end up with players who refuse to move on, send em on loan.

Well it can't be no coincidence that every year we seem to struggle to buy and sell players !

Incidently over the last 3 years we are 16m in the black just on transfers, when it is a well known fact that the clubs who have the biggest net spends are usually the ones who finish in the top 4.

Edited by alfieconn

Spurs will not break into the top four under Levy and Lewis. The time we did get into the CL was the time when significant investment was needed to help keep us there. remember when we were ten points clear of Arsenal and levy allowed our squad to be weakened in the window the only incoming s were over the hill Saha and Neilson!! That mid season transfer window was crucial to us and he copped out massively. They don't have the ambition for the club. They are more interested in balancing the books and i wouldn't be at all surprised if ENIC sell up when the stadiums finished. And on that matter why is the stadium only going to have a 55000 capacity? Its 10000 light of what it should be.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

Spurs will not break into the top four under Levy and Lewis. The time we did get into the CL was the time when significant investment was needed to help keep us there. remember when we were ten points clear of Arsenal and levy allowed our squad to be weakened in the window the only incoming s were over the hill Saha and Neilson!! That mid season transfer window was crucial to us and he copped out massively. They don't have the ambition for the club. They are more interested in balancing the books and i wouldn't be at all surprised if ENIC sell up when the stadiums finished. And on that matter why is the stadium only going to have a 55000 capacity? Its 10000 light of what it should be.

And 20000 more than we have now....yes I agree that it should be right up there as we have the support base to fill it every week.

Looking at the quality in the squad now I think its possible we will do very well this season....but if some don't perform as last season showed we might very well struggle.....need a couple of signings before the window closes....not ideal this situation but looking more and more like one of Levy's bargain hunts right at the close of the window.

Shaking my head again but I suppose we are getting used to it now......I just hope Lamela has a good season....if he does we will score goals...no doubt about that!

And 20000 more than we have now....yes I agree that it should be right up there as we have the support base to fill it every week.

Looking at the quality in the squad now I think its possible we will do very well this season....but if some don't perform as last season showed we might very well struggle.....need a couple of signings before the window closes....not ideal this situation but looking more and more like one of Levy's bargain hunts right at the close of the window.

Shaking my head again but I suppose we are getting used to it now......I just hope Lamela has a good season....if he does we will score goals...no doubt about that!

I am upbeat with what we have already. I think poncho is trying to build a really young squad with a longer term view, and I am for that, as we could/should admit that the strategies of the past few years have been unpicked by the traditional top 4. Potentially we could pull off a surprise if Lady Luck is on our side, and the odd controversial referee decisions are for us instead of against (meaning 3 points instead of none!)

Back to my original point on our surplus (32 players). Much better NOW to tell the surplus to leave or suffer the consequences. Much better for Daws and others to at least have an opportunity to go on loan rather than fester in the reserves. I don't believe he should remain as club captain, as he will always be a doubtful starter. Don't misunderstand me, I love him to bits, and he has done us proud over the years, but this is poncho time to move on.

This is about where i think we are at the moment regards his first choice.

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Davies

Capoue Paulinho

Lamela Eriksen Townsend

Adebayor

Its not bad on paper. That said, nearly all of them have a lot to prove. Kaboul needs to pull his weight because Dier looks very handy, regardless of Pochettino saying he needs time to settle. Looked solid to me.

Capoue a better ball playing defensive mid than Sandro so i reckon he gets the nod in our managers eyes.

Lamela has already made a valid claim to start over the hapless Lennon.

Townsend needs to step up and make better use of the ball. No doubting his pace, its what he doesn't do with the ball when he gets it. Big season for him.

Adebayor and Eriksen pick themselves i'd have thought

been saying the same for ages, last first we had a chance of the title for 50 years, half a f---ckin centrury !!!!!! and levy's prudence blew it ,, the squads memento needed fortifying and he bought cheap/ budget in ,, saha and neilson <deleted>, energy memento dump, callmit what u want but bingo no title,,,,, personally i'll NEVER forgive him for that,, f---ckin <deleted>. And as for the stad,,, can anyone explain the logic in 55 AS OPPOSED 2 65,, for the long term it JUST MAKES NO SENSE and i'm absolutly 100 % sure we'll live to regret not going larger.

And the other one is why the f we're letting potts do interviews in English, didnt we learn last time with Sherwood getting crucified on his interview technique !!! avb did himself no favors with the media, Going on what i've seen with potts i'm liking his teams shape and player choice, but as soon as the team gets a tuf period and were gonna he'll get mullered by the press and the public, when he painstakingly utters a few misplaced words or phrases. And just a point really in 'civvy street' would you give a guy control of a multi million £ unit with such crucial media duties and not train them accordingly !!!!. football, really makes me wonder sometimes,,,

England wingers Andros Townsend, 23, and Aaron Lennon, 27, are among 11 players who new Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino is willing sell.(Telegraph)

Former Tottenham chairman Lord Sugar says the club blew the £85m they received from Real Madrid for Gareth Bale "like a kid in a sweet shop". (Daily Mirror)

facepalm.gif

sugar is a fat cockney barrow boy <deleted> and best shut the fuc up and look at some of his 'buys b4 he opens his rather ignorant gob , signing George graham, about sums what he 'understood' about tottenham ,, and as for willing to sell players coarse we are, EVERY PLAYER at EVERY club has a valuation and if met WILL BE SOLD, its pure business nothing else.

• Like 1

Lloris

Capoue Paulinho

Lamela Eriksen Townsend

Adebayor

Its not bad on paper. That said, nearly all of them have a lot to prove. Kaboul needs to pull his weight because Dier looks very handy, regardless of Pochettino saying he needs time to settle. Looked solid to me.

Capoue a better ball playing defensive mid than Sandro so i reckon he gets the nod in our managers eyes.

Townsend needs to step up and make better use of the ball. No doubting his pace, its what he doesn't do with the ball when he gets it. Big season for him.

yeah maybe wont be far short, but reckon atm he'll use lennon for townsend and benteleb 4 capoe and mier 4 verity, at least until verity's fit

Sugar's money and Mourinho's football could work mind.

As it is, you've got Levy with Margaret Thatcher grocer shop mentality trying to run a premier league football team.

Levy needs to get ditched.

He won't compete with the big money boys.

Poncho will be temporary.

A touch of forward planning does no harm http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28712214

not sure he'll ever be top draw but from what little i saw will make a decent squad player

committed fit strong pretty standard usa player.

have 2 lose the hair though geezer, london aint madchester or liverpool you'll defo walk alone with that barnet..

As it is, you've got Levy with Margaret Thatcher grocer shop mentality trying to run a premier league football team.

get it right mustang sugar aint got any money compared to our owner.

and lifes temporary, so alls good at the lane with potts

ATM.thumbsup.gif

get it right mustang sugar aint got any money compared to our owner.

and lifes temporary, so alls good at the lane with potts

ATM.thumbsup.gif

Owner hasn't got serious money and if you are buying a player from the US you clearly aren't in the major league.

Levy needs to sell.

I'd go Chinese and call the new stadium China Southern.

Lloris

Capoue Paulinho

Lamela Eriksen Townsend

Adebayor

yeah maybe wont be far short, but reckon atm he'll use lennon for townsend and benteleb 4 capoe and mier 4 verity, at least until verity's fit

Capoue will be a definite starter if fit ! probaly be a regular this season.

Yes, i think Capoue is a perfect fit in a Pochettino team. Puts in the yards, comfortable on the ball high pass completion and tackles made. He was one of the players i felt we missed most last season due to injuries.

Added to this, now that he's fit the difference in Erik Lamela is already marked.

Can't wait to see how our seven signings perform this season baring in mind six of them were ruled out as wasted money by the usual suspects on herewink.png

yep capoe's a class act, if potts can get the best out of him than all the better, but i dont see him as a sitter and holder keepin things ticking over simply,like the southampton boy potts wants to sign, benteleb can do that job, but lets see. yep tbh, i'm more optimiatic this season than last but realistically if potts can keep us within spitting distance.of the top 4 AND get the team/ squad changed and playing like he wants,imo.he'll have done well. this season has a a feel of a traditional tottenham rebuilding - restructuring with yet another eternal promisng manyana.

• Like 1

Lloris

Capoue Paulinho

Lamela Eriksen Townsend

Adebayor

I'll be surprised if Lamela starts on Saturday - he was pretty lack-lustre v Schalke. I should of thought Dyer will start judged by his excellent performance v Schalke. Hope he is given an immediate chance to prove himself. Could well be a future star. COYS

yep capoe's a class act, if potts can get the best out of him than all the better, but i dont see him as a sitter and holder keepin things ticking over simply,like the southampton boy potts wants to sign, benteleb can do that job, but lets see. yep tbh, i'm more optimiatic this season than last but realistically if potts can keep us within spitting distance.of the top 4 AND get the team/ squad changed and playing like he wants,imo.he'll have done well. this season has a a feel of a traditional tottenham rebuilding - restructuring with yet another eternal promisng manyana.

You have it the wrong way round rij, Capoue is a holding player and Schneiderlin would be more of an attacking player from deep.

"Before I was more used to a defensive role and organising the back four," he told L'Equipe. "When Pochettino arrived, he came to me immediately: 'I've seen videos of you. I think you have the technical and physical capacity to do more offensively.'

You have it the wrong way round rij, Capoue is a holding player and Schneiderlin would be more of an attacking player from deep.

"Before I was more used to a defensive role and organising the back four," he told L'Equipe. "When Pochettino arrived, he came to me immediately: 'I've seen videos of you. I think you have the technical and physical capacity to do more offensively.'

so pauly todo the holding and sorting the defence out,,,.and capoue to go forward ,,,, maybe , we'll see.

so pauly todo the holding and sorting the defence out,,,.and capoue to go forward ,,,, maybe , we'll see.

Both Benteleb and the Beast will have a role I am sure. Mouricio will no doubt rotate according to his appreciation of the opposition.

I ruckin hate the stupidity of the 'window'. IMO All business should be concluded by Friday night. The uncertainty will hopefully not affect us this year, unlike previous recent seasons. COYS

Yedlin is done, our defence is certainly being prioritised thank goodness. Looks like he won't join until January though. COYS

Next season Ian !

I thought I read he would stay in the MLS until the end of their season, which would mean available to come to WHL in the January transfer window? Perhaps that was just Metro rolllocks or similar ?

Yedlin is done, our defence is certainly being prioritised thank goodness. Looks like he won't join until January though. COYS

Next season Ian !

I thought I read he would stay in the MLS until the end of their season, which would mean available to come to WHL in the January transfer window? Perhaps that was just Metro rolllocks or similar ?

Does seem to be a bit of confusion but from the Spurs website DeAndre has signed a four-year contract and will remain with Sounders before joining us ahead of the 2015/16 season.

Breaking news:

Spurs owners in discussion with Bernard Matthews.

The Bernard Matthews Stadium. Matthews has insisted a bldy great turkey has to be put up in place of the cockerel and if Pochettino can't create order out of confusion, he wants Pulis.