Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Eric Dier, our new striker in the making….. oh wait a minute, isn't he……?

Seriously though, i thought last season Kyle Naughton and Dany Rose were are weakest

links in the team, and after todays performance nothing has changed there.

The main thing is the 3 points, and they are tucked away nicely in Poch's back pocket. COYS!

lovely little spot 4 the assist by kane for our new c/b to score on his prem debutwhistling.gif , shame it was only at west ham clap2.gif

adeboy poor, thought potts got it wrong taking lennon off and bringing holtby on,

hapi days

Pochi wanted to sign Holtby last season before he went on loan to Fulham, so we can safely assume that Holtby is very much in Pochi's plans.

He also played a big part in the pre season games too.

I was surprised that he didn't play him from the start, to be honest.

Pleased that Bentaleb is still in the frame too, as he is growing in stature the more games he plays.

Eric Dier, our new striker in the making.. oh wait a minute, isn't he?

Seriously though, i thought last season Kyle Naughton and Dany Rose were are weakest

The main thing is the 3 points, and they are tucked away nicely in Poch's back pocket. COYS!

I thought Naughton did OK considering the Kaboul Carthorse he had alongside. No one can blame him for the handball. As for Rose, he had an excellent game in my view and got us out of the shit on several occasions. Dier was truly excellent in defence. The goal was a super bonus. Kaboul was a ruckin disgrace quite frankly!

Three points in the bag, but we were very very lucky. Sam will be on his bike as a result I suspect.

My problem with Rose is that he can't defend, how many times did Downing beat him and delivered

quality crosses today?

Rose is great going forward though and would be better suited in a 352 formation as a wing back.

Naughton on the other hand, also can't defend, and doesn't offer much going forward either, he will always be an understudy to Walker.

Just look at what Dier managed to do playing as a right back after Naughtons red card, we may not have won the match

if Naughton stayed on the pitch.

Agree that Kaboul had a bad game, and i'm surprised he didn't leave this summer, but without

any reinforcements Kaboul is one of our most experience players and captain, so he has to play

otherwise Dawson plays. shock1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

Edited by sotsira

Fact is, celebrating a 1 nil victory against west ham is a little bit pathetic especially when your goal scorer is a new signing whose role is not scoring goals.

Better toss the dice Pochettino and see what pans out.

Yeah, talking off tossing, please refer to the picture posted earlier. You could have at least had the class to stow your bottle of lube in yer mates backpack.

Fact is, celebrating a 1 nil victory against west ham is a little bit pathetic especially when your goal scorer is a new signing whose role is not scoring goals.

Yeah, talking off tossing, please refer to the picture posted earlier. You could have at least had the class to stow your bottle of lube in yer mates backpack.

Inappropriate personal insult matey. Don't need to trouble MrB with it.

City will finish higher than Spurs.

So will many others.

Spurs problem is the team is in confusion.

And your problem is failing to understand that no one in here likes you x

The feeling is mutual. I wouldn't p*** on you if you were on fire.

So why worry.

Edited by P45Mustang

Until the morning then, when carmine will be on bleating, moaning and trolling about what he always bleats, moans and trolls about.

COYS. S stands for sixth.

Make up your own mind what Iancnx stands for.

P45 is quite clear....pack your bags and foff......smile.png

Until the morning then, when carmine will be on bleating, moaning and trolling about what he always bleats, moans and trolls about.

Unfinished business smokieboyesman.

I go when I choose.

really mustang its Bit rich coming from the chav's with murry the defend deeply and shut up shop expert in charge and u'de be moaning with a 1-0 away win from an awkward local team that did the double over you the previous season. thought so,,,,, ANd the goal set up by a home grown player REMEMBER THEM and scored by a 20 year old debutant, may i add not a 2 expensive one And mustang watch out for our new centre bac, defensive work reminds me v v much of a young john terry dont know as yet if he's got that, shall we say winning mentality about him, but defensively he ticks all the box's and seems he's got that threat in the box that your old war horse has or had should i say had clap2.gif

I thought Naughton did OK considering the Kaboul Carthorse he had alongside. No one can blame him for the handball. As for Rose, he had an excellent game in my view and got us out of the shit on several occasions. Dier was truly excellent in defence. The goal was a super bonus. Kaboul was a ruckin disgrace quite frankly!

Three points in the bag, but we were very very lucky. Sam will be on his bike as a result I suspect.

Actually ian , yeah u can blame naughton for the pen he raised his arms above his head. and if u look he effectively stopped the ball going in the net.so u can c why the ref red carded him.

• Like 1

Actually ian , yeah u can blame naughton for the pen he raised his arms above his head. and if u look he effectively stopped the ball going in the net.so u can c why the ref red carded him.

A clear red card. I'm amazed anybody would think it wasn't !blink.png

• Like 1

really mustang its Bit rich coming from the chav's with murry the defend deeply and shut up shop expert in charge and u'de be moaning with a 1-0 away win from an awkward local team that did the double over you the previous season. thought so,,,,, ANd the goal set up by a home grown player REMEMBER THEM and scored by a 20 year old debutant, may i add not a 2 expensive one And mustang watch out for our new centre bac, defensive work reminds me v v much of a young john terry dont know as yet if he's got that, shall we say winning mentality about him, but defensively he ticks all the box's and seems he's got that threat in the box that your old war horse has or had should i say had clap2.gif

Ok matey, get your drift.

I do find it somewhat hypocritical though when Spurs criticise Chelsea when Spurs could only manage a goal diff of plus4.

Chelsea scored the third highest number of goals last season behind City and L'pool.

More than the adventurous Wenger etc.

The fact we don't let goals in is like red rag to the enemy.

I go when I choose.

We need a Dutch comment....surely he would have got us to win 2-0?

I go when I choose.

We need a Dutch comment....surely he would have got us to win 2-0?

Maybe. I like van Gaal but I think he might have three problems:

Not sure 3-5-2 will work in the Prem.

Not sure he can recruit the players he wants because they aren't playing CL

Not sure he's every players cup of tea so they might think twice about going there.

Early doors, but that's me gut feel.

You really have become a total and utter waste of space on here.

As already pointed out Naughton's a liability and Rose little better. Need to get Walker and Davies in quick.

nice to see Spurs closing the down quick but otherwise just delighted to tale the points.

reckon were going to be alright with Pochettino as long as Levy takes his finger off the trigger and lets him plan long term

• Like 1

As already pointed out Naughton's a liability and Rose little better. Need to get Walker and Davies in quick.

nice to see Spurs closing the down quick but otherwise just delighted to tale the points.

reckon were going to be alright with Pochettino as long as Levy takes his finger off the trigger and lets him plan long term

Naughton is just awful.

Nice little run and cool finish by your new kid.

Will Townsend offer more this season ? He was your most dangerous player after coming on.

What do you mean "become"? The drunk is just background noise.

• Like 1

We want Dawson! We want Dawson!

Actually Kaboul got away with it yesterday.

biggrin.png

davies atm is a weird one, and this is based on a couple ? of brief veiwings so it could be wrong and could change when he gets his feet more under the door. But in those he gave solid defensive displays but little going 4 ward whereas rose gives almost the total reverse a good attacking game but a poor defending game I guess potts just punted on roses pace as an out . however with newbie c\b partnering him it was alwaya likely sam was gonna suss and chance his arm maybe more than norm? and thats exactly what happened imo 'give the ball to downing ' ide lay money on was a big part of his plan, mind u the pundits giving mom for noble Downing i thought was excellent and at times almost unplayable and yeah u can blame rose but still downing had to turn in the display. on yesterdays performance dont know how long eriksons gonna last with potts but poor yesterday. our mom? lloris barring one little spill was sound mier getting a goal on his debut, but was stretched defensively Ide go benty boy he gets better and better thought yesterday he was excellent. overall team wise not the greatest display but there will b times when we play well and lose so hai days 3 points is 3 points.

Truth hurts?

We want Dawson! We want Dawson!

biggrin.png

doesn't surprise me,7 mil and he's your's.biggrin.png

• Like 2