Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Nothing like a big tough Argie biggrin.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjp249A6O2s

Its about time our defense was truly beefed up! Dier doesn't mind getting stuck in either.

I think we've all had enough of those pathetic capitulations and Pochettino seems to be putting together a rather physical defense.

As i said yesterday, i'm also much happier with Capoue in the defensive role. It looks like combining well with Bentaleb doing the yards in a more central midfield position.

Sunday is a real test so lets hope we give good account of ourselves.

yep barring a six ? match ban, nothing wrong with that, but on the positive a no nonsence central defender who also can play could be a huge plus. lets just hope he aint 2 much of a 'hot head ' cos if he is, everyone and his aunt will be right in his face and he could end up spending more life on a ban than he does on the pitch Edited by rijit

2 nite will be 2 early i suppose, though wiki have had the deal done since the 26 th !!! so maybe got a few days training with potts?, sunday for his debut? who will be outed? or will he be benched and told to fight? 2.b honest ive no issues with either.

2 nite will be 2 early i suppose, though wiki have had the deal done since the 26 th !!! so maybe got a few days training with potts?, sunday for his debut? who will be outed? or will he be benched and told to fight? 2.b honest ive no issues with either.

Back 4 Sunday, if he is eligible:

Dier. Vertonghen. Fazio. Rose.

Having seen his no nonsense approach thought it might be good to look at his stats last season.

Fazio had 40 starts

35 Fouls committed

15 Fouls suffered

12 Yellows

Nil Reds

For a huge physical player that is more than reasonable in my view

post-63176-0-78304400-1409197051_thumb.j

• Like 1

Can't condone it, but, a nice warning for all Prem adversaries - keep your hands outta my face! Ouch!

Diego Costa is a very physical "in yer face" forward. Who's now crocked! Oh dear Jose.biggrin.png

Looking at it again..... You gotta larf ..... 'He dived Ref..... Get up you lightweight tw@t'. Lol

Having seen his no nonsense approach thought it might be good to look at his stats last season.

Fazio had 40 starts

35 Fouls committed

15 Fouls suffered

12 Yellows

Nil Reds

image.jpg

really ian, 12 yellows ,,,reasonble w t f !!! and how many games out would that get him? a.dozen ? and you say reasonable ..... still, man s hit's zabaleta had a shocking card record in spain or was it italy ,what ever ....., perhaps our refs are slightly more tolerant?

Fazio had 40 starts

35 Fouls committed

15 Fouls suffered

12 Yellows

Nil Reds

image.jpg

really ian, 12 yellows ,,,reasonble w t f !!! and how many games out would that get him? a.dozen ? and you say reasonable ..... still, man s hit's zabaleta had a shocking card record in spain or was it italy ,what ever ....., perhaps our refs are slightly more tolerant?

8 yellows in La Liga in 27 starts. So a one match ban potentially, but don't forget the tally is reset in January, so perhaps no ban at all.

The other 4 yellows were in the Europa competition.

Yes a good signing hopefully....much needed.....just a creative midfielder needed now and we are good to go.

I wonder if Soldado will be sold by the deadline.....?

I'll put you out of your misery smokes but I don't think Poch will be buying one, might get Schneiderlin or someone similar !

Yes a good signing hopefully....much needed.....just a creative midfielder needed now and we are good to go.

I'll put you out of your misery smokes but I don't think Poch will be buying one, might get Schneiderlin or someone similar !

Can't see him coming either. January is a possibility pending on his "situation" with Koeman. If its unworkable they'll offload him.

I think he's looking for the midfield creativity to come from Eriksen and Lamela.

• Like 1

Fazio had 40 starts

35 Fouls committed

15 Fouls suffered

12 Yellows

Nil Reds

image.jpg

8 yellows in La Liga in 27 starts. So a one match ban potentially, but don't forget the tally is reset in January, so perhaps no ban at all.

The other 4 yellows were in the Europa competition.

which ever way its dressed up mate it still aint clever, but as i said u look at man shity zebedee card record in la liga, if i recall correctly wasnt that much different, so there's hope yet.

We'll give you 50p and a cadbury's creme egg.

The egg is just a bonus obviously.

I think Rose has had an excellent start to the season!

Really clap2.gif frankly defensively he's a down right liability, not good enuf defensively to be a full bac or wingback and not good enuf attacking wise to be a winger thing going for him is his pace, our best left bac, imo is verity, in and ideal world faz will be another left footer and we can push verity out wide, but somehow cant see it happening

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

• 01 Lloris
  • 16 Naughton
  • 33 Davies
  • 30 Sandro
  • 04 Kaboul
  • 06 Chiriches
  • 07 Lennon
  • 08 Paulinho
  • 18 Kane
  • 19 Dembélé
  • 17 Townsend
Substitutes
  • 03 Rose
  • 10 Adebayor
  • 14 Holtby
  • 15 Dier
  • 22 Chadli
  • 24 Friedel
  • 41 Veljkovic

Where the f is vorm, 5 mil and he aint even kicked a 40 year old off the bench !!

• Like 1

pots has defo got a good work ethic, closing down was quick and effective, but a comfortable win against a team that i don't think made hugo make a serious save. Kane had another good game, i keep telling ya, the boys gonna be top draw scored one missed a pen and should have had another 2,. Paulinho had a good game. only disappointment tbh was the opposition, oh and davies, not great tbh. .

• Like 1

pots has defo got a good work ethic, closing down was quick and effective, but a comfortable win against a team that i don't think made hugo make a serious save. Kane had another good game, i keep telling ya, the boys gonna be top draw scored one missed a pen and should have had another 2,. Paulinho had a good game. only disappointment tbh was the opposition, oh and davies, not great tbh. .

Easy in the end and we didn't learn much from that....yes Kane did well but he has to do it against top opposition to get a regular start.

Paulinho did well yes but they won't start against the scousers....nice to see the depth in our squad however and a fine win.

• Like 1

Yeah, a good performance from the 2nd eleven. The depth we have now will hold us in good stead. Very nicely taken goals by Harry (who worked tirelessly) and Paulinho. Perfect Pen too. Generally Townsend nor Lennon lacked an urgency or sharpness. It will be interesting to see how many of these second string will move on in the next 3 days..... Perhaps just one or two.

So the defence is sorted !

In DM, hopefully we will keep Sandro as cover for Capoue. Bentaleb, Dembele, Paulinho to stay with Holtby going, obviously if we did get Schnerlein then Paulinho to go

Hopefully will get rid of Townsend and get an AM in.

Any comments lads !