Tottenham Thread

chonabot

So the defence is sorted !

In DM, hopefully we will keep Sandro as cover for Capoue. Bentaleb, Dembele, Paulinho to stay with Holtby going, obviously if we did get Schnerlein then Paulinho to go

Hopefully will get rid of Townsend and get an AM in.

Any comments lads !

I think Sandro's off mate. I don't think he's technically good enough for Pochettino.

I reckon the rest there is pretty solid and yes, Holtby looks surplus doesn't he.

I really like what i see from Poch so far. He's balanced up the squad, strengthened to back...all good so far.

Edited by carmine

In DM, hopefully we will keep Sandro as cover for Capoue. Bentaleb, Dembele, Paulinho to stay with Holtby going, obviously if we did get Schnerlein then Paulinho to go

Any comments lads !

I think Sandro's off mate. I don't think he's technically good enough for Pochettino.

I reckon the rest there is pretty solid and yes, Holtby looks surplus doesn't he.

I really like what i see from Poch so far. He's balanced up the squad, strengthened to back...all good so far.

I know what your saying but who would cover for Capoue ? plus it would leave us with just 4 DM not including the likes of Veljkovic and if you add in the 5 AM that's only a total of nine, which is not enough in my opinion.

pots has defo got a good work ethic, closing down was quick and effective, but a comfortable win against a team that i don't think made hugo make a serious save. Kane had another good game, i keep telling ya, the boys gonna be top draw scored one missed a pen and should have had another 2,. Paulinho had a good game. only disappointment tbh was the opposition, oh and davies, not great tbh. .

Sorry rij but I had to laugh, first you say about Kane "the boys gonna be top draw" and then your little report ses "missed a pen and should have had another 2" which don't make him sound too top draw biggrin.png

• Like 1

I think Kane will improve every game provided he gets sufficient playing time and with the Europa and domestic cup runs (hopefully) he should get the starts he needs for another good season of development. He could well be the leading light at the Euro's in my view.

I think Lennon has had his day, time to off-load if needed. I hope Townsend can find his form from 12 months ago, he sounded confident enough in interview, saying he was nowhere near full fitness yet....... hmmmmmm lets see about that.

Sandro had a good game, but I too don't think he is good enough for a top 4 club, but true he can provide cover in extremis. Cannot fault tenacious Holtby, but surely he is surplus and German bound.

Really looking forward to seeing the scousers at the Lane.... promises to be one helluva match. Fazio v Balotelli. Can't wait!

pots has defo got a good work ethic, closing down was quick and effective, but a comfortable win against a team that i don't think made hugo make a serious save. Kane had another good game, i keep telling ya, the boys gonna be top draw scored one missed a pen and should have had another 2,. Paulinho had a good game. only disappointment tbh was the opposition, oh and davies, not great tbh. .

Sorry rij but I had to laugh, first you say about Kane "the boys gonna be top draw" and then your little report ses "missed a pen and should have had another 2" which don't make him sound too top draw biggrin.png

alfie u dont worry bout strikers 2 much when they get in8 good positions and miss a few, u wori bout them when they dont get in the positions. As for the pen' not the greatest, straight down the middle keeper dived left and got lucky ish stopping it with his legs,, in kanes favour though he had to wait 10 mins? wbile they treated the prev keeper.

who arguably should have seen red for clattering naughton.

waiting must have seemed like eternity, anyway, looking 4 ward to sunday, first real test for potts. liverpool even with their untogether defense are a class above what we've played so far this season.

alfie u dont worry bout strikers 2 much when they get in8 good positions and miss a few, u wori bout them when they dont get in the positions. As for the pen' not the greatest, straight down the middle keeper dived left and got lucky ish stopping it with his legs,, in kanes favour though he had to wait 10 mins? wbile they treated the prev keeper.

who arguably should have seen red for clattering naughton.

waiting must have seemed like eternity, anyway, looking 4 ward to sunday, first real test for potts. liverpool even with their untogether defense are a class above what we've played so far this season.

Ok Dad biggrin.png

Any comments lads !

one thing i've noticed about paulinho , is he aint interested or particularly effective when the balls in his own half, he comes alive when its in the attacking 3 rd, typical Brazilian, remember when he arrived last year he was pushed up but really struggled to finish and got pushed bac as a holder, and was used the same in the Brazilian team and result in the w/c? he got dropped, if he can get his scoring boots on, which last nite it looked a distinct possibility i reckon he'll push Lamella and eriksson, he's arguably a better touch player than erickson though erikson gives you free kics. and drops bac, which Camella doesn't, But Bottom line he aint really a great defensive midfielder, but i reckon potts will suss that out.

Apparently we've done a deal for this guy

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/7731/benjamin-stambouli/

to be honest I've never heard of him or any idea what he does, so thought the above link would help

going by those stats

seems he's a right footed defensive midfielder,one presumes he's there for competition

but we'll see

Edited by rijit

Apparently we've done a deal for this guy

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/7731/benjamin-stambouli/

to be honest I've never heard of him or any idea what he does, so thought the above link would help

seems he's a right footed defensive midfielder,one presumes he's there for competition

but we'll see

Shouldn't that post be on the fantasy league thread? biggrin.png

OK I see why you done that now....we don't need a defensive midfielder though!

Edited by smokie36

^

Better ask Baldini.

Is he still employed by Levy?

seems he'll buy who potts tells him to buy aka argentinian c/b faz dier from portugal cant c them being on spurs horizon b4 potts arrived ....so judge on
  • Like 1

Who is Stambouli? Sounds like a racehorse to me.

Stambouli is a defensive midfielder who joined Montpellier at the age of 14 and is now a key player in Montpelliers first-team squad making more than 100 league appearances for la Paillade and helping the club win the Ligue 1 title in 2012.

The player himself is from a football family: his father currently works at Marseille, his uncle previously coached Monaco and his grandfather managed both clubs. Certainly has the pedigree.

I am guessing he will replace Sandro?

EUROPA LEAGUE, GROUP C DATES/VENUES/KO TIMES

Matchday 1 - Partizan Belgrade away - Thursday, September 18 - kick-off 6pm UK time at Partizan Stadium, Belgrade.

Matchday 2 - Besiktas home - Thursday, October 2 - kick-off 8.05pm UK at White Hart Lane.

Matchday 3 - Asteras Tripolis home - Thursday, October 23 - kick-off 8.05pm UK at White Hart Lane.

Matchday 4 - Asteras Tripolis away - Thursday, November 5 - kick-off 6pm UK at the Theodoros Kolokotronis Stadium, Tripoli.

Matchday 5 - Partizan Belgrade home - Thursday, November 27 - kick-off 8.05pm UK at White Hart Lane.

Matchday 6 - Besiktas away - Thursday, December 11 - kick-off 6pm UK at the Ataturk Olympic Stadium, Istanbul.

Well, like a lot of people said before Moyes got heaved out " I wouldn't employ Baldini to put the cones out."

Potchettino looks innocent to me.

Really Pishflaps?

Have you even watched us? Have you actually seen the huge improvement in his purchases? Dd you know he's just signed a guy called Dier that could well be the bargain of the season!

Pishflaps, you're a clown. Don't really know why i even bother to reply to you.

so lads whose gonna start ? lorris dier kaboul verity rose bente caop erik lam's adeboy chadli or you reckon faz in for a cb? kaboul I suppose , shame really cos he was starting to show signs of getting bac to b4 injury form naughton bac? if so for dier?

so lads whose gonna start ? lorris dier kaboul verity rose bente caop erik lam's adeboy chadli or you reckon faz in for a cb? kaboul I suppose , shame really cos he was starting to show signs of getting bac to b4 injury form naughton bac? if so for dier?

I think you are right. Doubt Faz will play, its too early and God forbid Naughton is even considered. Dier's a far better player.

I think you are right. Doubt Faz will play, its too early and God forbid Naughton is even considered. Dier's a far better player.

Dier will know Markovic already so may ask to be restedbiggrin.png

• Like 1

yeah agreed much better player but stick a classy pacy winger on him and imo he might struggle whereas naughton good as he aint has a bit of pace about and might cope just. just a thought and prob wrong. tbh i'm just thankful we aint got 2 face jaws he abso ripped the f out of us last year.!!

Edited by rijit

Dier will know Markovic already so may ask to be restedbiggrin.png
if I were u ide be just as worried what either of our wide boys lennon or townsend will do to moron ure new l/b.

I think you are right with this line up, but expect Fazio to replace Kaboul at some point. Can't wait.

Spurs to dominate midfield, Gerrard and Henderson will wish they stayed in Brazil, and Balotteli won't get a look in. C O Y S

Edited by iancnx

I think you are right with this line up, but expect Fazio to replace Kaboul at some point. Can't wait.

Spurs to dominate midfield, Gerrard and Henderson will wish they stayed in Brazil, and Balotteli won't get a look in. C O Y S

I can see goals in this one and hopefully not five to them again!

I want to see us breaking quick again because i doubt their defense has had time to settle yet so hopefully we can expose them. Have to say though, Liverpool look very good on paper going forward and they'll be a very different kettle of fish than QPR last weekend.

For me Gerrard and Henderson have already shown the world they are nothing more than ordinary. Our high pressing game will I hope run 'em ragged. Rose to ensure new boy Manquillo has a torrid time, and the other defensive woes that Rodgers is juggling could well have us 2-0 up in the first 30 mins.

• Like 1