Tottenham Thread

chonabot

A deserved three points for Spurs. Has one linesman ever got more offside calls wrong in one match ?

And has a referee ignored a more obvious penalty shout.

I'm telling you, the officials are utter shi'ite this year.

It's a shame because I would have liked to have seen Defoe take it.

tongue.png

Edited by Chicog

A deserved three points for Spurs. Has one linesman ever got more offside calls wrong in one match ?

How could of the 3rd goal been ruled offside?

Vertonghen was in his own half when the ball was played to him!

I always thought you couldn't be offside in your own half.

Anyway, we managed to get the 3 points in the end, thanks to Loris's

fantastic save in injury time.

Inconceivable call but it notched me 9 points in the prediction competition.laugh.png

Inconceivable call but it notched me 9 points in the prediction competition.laugh.png

It was my Banker wai.giftongue.png

• Like 1

Ha ! And I thought I was lucky !!biggrin.png

Has there ever been a worse call by a linesman since the premier league began? Well it certainly ranks alongside Pedro Mendes putting the ball a meter over the line!!

Another win thanks to the efforts of Hugo Lloris. We deserved the win but ultimately lucky to get it.

Has there ever been a worse call by a linesman since the premier league began? Well it certainly ranks alongside Pedro Mendes putting the ball a meter over the line!!

Another win thanks to the efforts of Hugo Lloris. We deserved the win but ultimately lucky to get it.

If you get nothing at all out of this season at least you will have the emergence of Kane. He rarely puts a foot wrong.

If you get nothing at all out of this season at least you will have the emergence of Kane. He rarely puts a foot wrong.

He may well get found out before the seasons over. Well see how good the lad is come may.

In the meantime Spurs have now played 35 competitive matches so far, more than anyone else in the league, and no sign of Levy helping his manager out in the gilt edged opportunity that has presented itself in a chance of nicking a top four.

Officials were clueless, even Foy was only 5 yds away from Verts when Paulinho played the ball to him and to cap it all the lino points to 15 yds inside the Sunderland half to where the infringement took place when the ball was played 3 or 4 secs before that !!!

The same guy also missed Fletcher being offside for the miss and the one before the Verts foul on Defoe.

• Like 1

As usual it cost me a packet. :(

Ha ! And I thought I was lucky !!biggrin.png

That result saved my bacon today.

Touche, Mr. B. I was in <deleted> street as well!

You can't be offside in your own half. A pub league mistake - equivalent to that other trap of raising your flag at a throw-in or goal-kick. Should surely see the ref's assistant returned for re-training!

Here's a photo shot at the instance when Paulinho played the ball to Vertonghen,

not only that he's in his own half, but the last Sunderland player is 6yards ahead of him

in his half!

And look where the ref's position is, right up with play!

Unbelievable decision. xshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs1m3Bc

post-63109-0-24717700-1421567787_thumb.p

Here's a photo shot at the instance when Paulinho played the ball to Vertonghen,

not only that he's in his own half, but the last Sunderland player is 6yards ahead of him

in his half!

attachicon.gif365_sport_03_2015_01_17_23_51_01_3.png

Ahem .... "a player is in an offside position if he is nearer to his opponent's goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent".

Vertonghen is in an "offside position", but that in itself is not an offence. It's not an offence when inter-alia he's in his own half (by a country mile too!).

Mike Riley must be feeling pretty uncomfortable about his flock this season.

[ex-officiating (and officious) member of footy threadslaugh.png ]

One day football will modernise in the same way as rugby and NHL has, then all this cr@p will be a thing of the past.

Edited by SantiSuk

u have to feel for the ref's ,,,

, , heaven above they make a mistake, the bloody worlds on his case there's, slo' mo videos,,, freeze framed photo's and doesnt stop at suggesting they suffer public humiliation jeez everyone's a bloody expert.. no wonder nobody want to be a ref,,,,

in his half!

attachicon.gif365_sport_03_2015_01_17_23_51_01_3.png

Ahem .... "a player is in an offside position if he is nearer to his opponent's goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent".

Vertonghen is in an "offside position", but that in itself is not an offence. It's not an offence when inter-alia he's in his own half (by a country mile too!).

Mike Riley must be feeling pretty uncomfortable about his flock this season.

[ex-officiating (and officious) member of footy threadslaugh.png ]

One day football will modernise in the same way as rugby and NHL has, then all this cr@p will be a thing of the past.

I guffaw at your naivety.wai2.gif

Mate if it was down to the americans and the rest of the bloody world ,the tradition of our beautiful game would be gone. blues shirts would be reds and names coming from decades of local history gone and gone would be its backbone, in the hope that it would attract a faster bigger buck !!! and if their gamble was wrong? What then... Everyones an armchair expert, they forget how quick and what its actually like live whenyour caught in the emotion, Bollacks leave the game alone it it can stand a few human errors they've always been there and always will . the game was around b4 we were and it'll still be here when were gone.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

, , heaven above they make a mistake, the bloody worlds on his case there's, slo' mo videos,,, freeze framed photo's and doesnt stop at suggesting they suffer public humiliation jeez everyone's a bloody expert.. no wonder nobody want to be a ref,,,,

It's there job for Christ sake and they work full time at this, if they can't get the simple decisions right then they need to go, the same as any profession, lets face the lino either didn't know the rules concerning the offside ( See Mr Red) or there's something wrong with his eyes, either one means he shouldn't be officiating at the top level.

• Like 1

the vertonghen one wasn't a mistake, that was not knowing the bloody laws of the game. as basic as it gets. that lino needs relegating until he can at least get the simple stuff right.

got no problem with refs and linos making genuine mistakes at high speed when they're trying to see two things at once, but this one was inexcusable.

Coarse it was a mistake, they missed it. Get over it. refs fuc up as do footballers as do managers. The % of correct decisions are impressive for english refs.

• Like 1

Coarse it was a mistake, they missed it. Get over it. refs fuc up as do footballers as do managers. The % of correct decisions are impressive for english refs.

But they didn't miss it did they! They just forgot the rules.

Anyway, we got the win so we move on...

• Like 1

What if the score was 1-1 at the time, and it cost us 2 points?

How would you feel then? Cheated maybe?

If anything the ref was just as much to blame as the linesman

as he was right up with play when the pass was made. No excuse!

They both need reprimanding.

I think the point is, we can all excuse the officials for getting a tight call wrong but this was wholly different. Just total incompetence.

I think the point is, we can all excuse the officials for getting a tight call wrong but this was wholly different. Just total incompetence.

At last carmine is seeing the light.

When Graham Poll says the refs are poor, the refs are poor.

nobody missed anything, the linesman put his flag up, the ref blew for offside. so they saw it, just didn't know the rules. that's incompetence, not a mistake.

again, no problem with refs and linos making honest mistakes and yes, they do get the vast, vast majority of calls right. this was amateur hour though.