Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Stoke keeper should have been red-carded for that ridiculous challenge on Mason. He targeted annihilation, not the ball.

Villas keeper was borderline ditto (at an almost identical time in the game), but probably a yellow.

Woops - I think I got that the wrong way round. Think it was the Guzan challenge that was thuggish. I'll have to wait to see them both again!

I thought at the time the sunderland goalkeeper pants, traIn of thought was 'well of u beat me your gonna feel it', Out field tackle that high ,, straight red no doubts.

rijit

The main plus points taken from last nights game was seeing Spurs up the physicality to match Sunderland and the performance of Eric Dier. He has a fantastic game and is a real coup for Pochettino who based his trust in Dier as opposed to going to the transfer market for a new defensive midfielder.

Mason had probably the best game i've seen him play. Lets hope his injury is not too serious. When Bentaleb is fit we have the nucleus of a very decent midfield.

Three points the obvious priority but i do like the stat of only having conceded four in five matches.

Yep potts fitness regime paid off sunderland were flagging in the last ?? Mins whilst we , almost, stepped

Up a gear.

rijit

I think the subs helped that happen Townsend and Lamela did well when they came on.

That's a first for me to praise them both in the same match too whistling.gif.

Kane looked off the pace throughout the match which is the most worrying thing for me

hope he's not burned out due to all the game time he's had in the last 12 months but he looked liked he needs a rest already.

Yep potts fitness regime paid off sunderland were flagging in the last ?? Mins whilst we , almost, stepped

Up a gear.

rijit

I think the subs helped that happen Townsend and Lamela did well when they came on.

Kane looked off the pace throughout the match which is the most worrying thing for me

hope he's not burned out due to all the game time he's had in the last 12 months but he looked liked he needs a rest already.

Hopefully he will rest Kane on Thursday and play our no.2 striker, oops,we ain't got one sad.pngbiggrin.png

Up a gear.

rijit

Hopefully he will rest Kane on Thursday and play our no.2 striker, oops,we ain't got one sad.pngbiggrin.png

yep, bang on the money alfie smile.png kane rested and Son Heung-min starts, wjth N'Jie on the bench, hopefully he'll get some playing time.

Son looks good enough doesn't he?

Hehe

Ali looks better, given some time and a little luck imo he's gonna b a w/c act. But yeah great home debut 4 son at first glance. looks like he got all the makings of a top draw finisher, with him we'll have a clearer pic by xmas.

rijit

Edited by rijit

Hehe

Ali looks better, given some time and a little luck imo he's gonna b a w/c act. But yeah great home debut 4 son at first glance. looks like he got all the makings of a top draw finisher, with him we'll have a clearer pic by xmas.

rijit

Yes Alli is looking very good indeed.

Hehe

rijit

Yes Alli is looking very good indeed.

Probably going to be the best 5m we've ever spent smile.png

Don't know what come over me last night, started feeling sorry for the goons over the Costa incident so much so that i had to give myself a slap laugh.png

biggrin.png Yes it was a strange one wasn't it!! I suppose it just speaks volumes as to what a total and utter sh*thouse of an individual he is and further cements Chelseas satus as the most hated team in the country with the most hated and and now the two most hated players in the league!! Bravo to them.

On to better things, my team for tonight barring injuries would be; Lloris, Walker, Alderweirald, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Ali, Lamela,Son, Chadli, and Kane

I liked seeing Townsend come on as an impact sub and hope to see so again but i'm not hopeful against a Palace side with a spactacular away record.

Don't know what come over me last night, started feeling sorry for the goons over the Costa incident so much so that i had to give myself a slap laugh.png

biggrin.png Yes it was a strange one wasn't it!! I suppose it just speaks volumes as to what a total and utter sh*thouse of an individual he is and further cements Chelseas satus as the most hated team in the country with the most hated and and now the two most hated players in the league!! Bravo to them.

On to better things, my team for tonight barring injuries would be; Lloris, Walker, Alderweirald, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Ali, Lamela,Son, Chadli, and Kane

I liked seeing Townsend come on as an impact sub and hope to see so again but i'm not hopeful against a Palace side with a spactacular away record.

Hopefully we'll see Erikson make the bench at least today.

Very pleased all round with that. Three points, another clean sheet and Ali and Son looking really good. Lamela looking much better and putting in the yardage and a lot of effort. Der getting better every game.

At 19yo Ali is looking quite special.

The goons on wednesday followed by City next weekend. I think we can cause problems for both of them and go into next week with a good momentum.

• Like 1

Hard fought win that and some good performances against an excellent Palace side.

Clean sheet and fine goal for Son.

I hope your pup is on double rations Alfredo!

Pretty mediocre really still it's 3 points you'll be catching us soon.

"Putting you in your place" is the phrase you're looking for. :D