Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I remember when I first started running the line at university games and how difficult it was to sort out an offside when all the players are in a melee 40 yards away form you and you can't even see clearly when the pass was released.

But every pub league linesman would have called that first goal right.

Baldini outed. Sure you'll all be happy with that onesmile.png

It was done about three weeks ago mate. Paid to do a job, failed and got paid off big time. Thats football. Thanks for Eriksen mind and i think we'll be saying thanks for Lamela....wouldn't that be an ironry.

Very excited about this young crop of players and a manager with a real agenda

It was done about three weeks ago mate. Paid to do a job, failed and got paid off big time. Thats football. Thanks for Eriksen mind and i think we'll be saying thanks for Lamela....wouldn't that be an ironry.

Yes its ironic he should leave just as Lamela finally looks the business.

Hope he can do it consistently now.

No irony really. Lamela was the banker, outstanding in serieA and one of the most lauded young argentine players. He's just been <deleted>. Mitchell that we nicked from Southampton is doing the job which is finding young inexpensive future talent so we can afford and save revenues to build our new stadium. Theres no need or place for Baldini. The Son transfer was a necessity, and much needed but don't expect that sort of money going out again in the near future.

Futures bright with a very good manager bringing the youngsters through which will be great to watch, fund the stadium, but don't expect top four challenges unless we wildly over achieve.

I'm just grinning at the immense progress of Ali and Dier. This is the clubs philosophy for the next five years, bringing the youngsters through, and the drip of talent coming is very impressive. Most importantly we have a manager that has embraces the philosophy is seems well capable of carrying it through.

Far more exciting than just buying in big names and to be honest, i've been through enough lean/crap years a few more won't matter but i really feel we might just shock a few people soon.

• Like 1

Luck with Lamela Smokie but as you say consistency is key. After his rabona last season he was the second coming and after a nice piece of work for his goal the other day now he has come good. I'd like to see it happen but far from convinced. He still gets bossed off the ball too often. Still has done squat for the Argentina NT. If he starts banging in goals half regularly, slots in some nice through balls, and doesn't get frequently dispossessed I'll be on the Lamela bandwagon.wai2.gif

Edited by jellydog
  • Like 2

Luck with Lamela Smokie but as you say consistency is key. After his rabona last season he was the second coming and after a nice piece of work for his goal the other day now he has come good. I'd like to see it happen but far from convinced. He still gets bossed off the ball too often. Still has done squat for the Argentina NT. If he starts banging in goals half regularly, slots in some nice through balls, and doesn't get frequently dispossessed I'll be on the Lamela bandwagon.wai2.gif

If he plays well till Xmas and we mug him off to PSG or Inter for £30m in the winter window I'll laugh my socks off.

• Like 1

All fair comments JD. Its basically the first time he's put in a man of the match performance. Its really the first time spurs fans have seen what he can do. Now they see the potential but theres a long way to go before he could be described as a successful signing.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

the spurs tossers are drooling over a lucky offside home win against a injury hit m/city teamcheesy.gif

a couple weeks back the same tossers were slagging off on any point , rolleyes.gif

a very fantastic tulips good morning to all my readers on the footy forumsmile.png

BTW

will be back to arvo for my immensely popular week end reviewbiggrin.png please drop in

If he plays well till Xmas and we mug him off to PSG or Inter for £30m in the winter window I'll laugh my socks off.

Nah weve put up with the dross and the getting of him up to speed, i'm all for getting a decent season and a half and then 'mug 'him off to barca to replace neymar for 50mil plus :P

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

One thing i noticed on Sat was that Sterling is very similar to Lennon in one aspect, in that he never seems to strike the ball cleanly when shooting thumbsup.gif

Very true. Final touch is a way, way off ever becoming world class.

it's an age and development thing. 18 months ago coutinho was still topping and scuffing his shots. bunch of work on the training ground and more maturity and now he scores worldies.

One thing i noticed on Sat was that Sterling is very similar to Lennon in one aspect, in that he never seems to strike the ball cleanly when shooting thumbsup.gif

it's an age and development thing. 18 months ago coutinho was still topping and scuffing his shots. bunch of work on the training ground and more maturity and now he scores worldies.

Not with Lennon it isn't, he was still doing it last season laugh.png

Not with Lennon it isn't, he was still doing it last season laugh.png

mate of mine once described aaron lennon as playing like a shopping trolley with a wonky wheel. which i quite liked.

• Like 1

it took a top draw of a strong hand save, by lloris to deny sterling scoring, from a clean strike and a great final touch

sterling is light yrs in front of lennon

both of you.s are a pair of drongos,!!!! do u watch the game,???? or get your shit from the pommy tabaloids next day!!!!

have, nt got on to the other spuds tosser as he just fell out of his hammock (while sucking his big thumb) , onto his ugly pommy melon ,that fall , might put a bit of footy sense into his posts gigglem.gif

its a nice late evening to all my beautiful readerssmile.png

Nah he's defo putting his best paw forward. And it atm is looking as good if not better than any more expensive pedigree thats around .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit