Tottenham Thread

chonabot

despite his goal today cant see dembele stayin much longer than the jan transfer window

try as he might he just aint mobile enuf for potts style ##

and dier yeah big up to potts for trying him there

but would he have done if injuries hadnt forced his hand ?

and will he keep his place when the more mobile boys get fit?

but whatever, he's still a plus

however in the long term i really do see him as a center bac

rij,

Dier was playing that role in pre season when everyone was fit, which to me makes him first choice.

Bentaleb could well have a problem fitting back in the side when he returns from injury due to Dier's performances.

Dembele had a great game last week in Dier's role against Liverpool, and also played well yesterday in a more attacking role, i think he still has a lot to offer and is a good versatile player

to use as cover in numerous positions, shouldn't let him go this season.

We have some big games coming up next month 3 London derbies in succession with a trip to

Azerbaijan thrown in for good measurebiggrin.png i'm sure the boys will be looking forward to that!

November 2015 Show last 5 matches and coverage Competition Fixture Date Kick-off Status Show Premier League

Tottenhamv Aston Villa

Mon 2 Nov 20:00 Show Europa League - Group J

Tottenhamv Anderlecht

Thu 5 Nov 20:05 Show Premier League

Arsenalv Tottenham

Sun 8 Nov 16:00 Show Premier League

Tottenhamv West Ham

Sun 22 Nov 16:00 Show Europa League - Group J

FK Qarabag v Tottenham

Thu 26 Nov 18:00 Show Premier League

Tottenhamv Chelsea

Sun 29 Nov 12:00 Edited by sotsira

With due respect why didnt he start the season there? & why did he have to wait for injury to get him in as holding middle. Cos he played their pre season don't make him first choice. pre season means absolutly nish, but experimentation time and goes a way to explaining how pots knew he could play him there when needed. As i said he's been a revelation, but would he get in with a fully fit squad ?,, i'm not sure, but we will see. And again with dembele we will see.

And yeah what a fixture list coming up, could well give us a strong indicator how were gonna end up doing. Top 6? We will be lucky,, but i'm hoping.

With due respect why didnt he start the season there? & why did he have to wait for injury to get him in as holding middle. Cos he played their pre season don't make him first choice. pre season means absolutly nish, but experimentation time and goes a way to explaining how pots knew he could play him there when needed. As i said he's been a revelation, but would he get in with a fully fit squad ?,, i'm not sure, but we will see. And again with dembele we will see.

And yeah what a fixture list coming up, could well give us a strong indicator how were gonna end up doing. Top 6? We will be lucky,, but i'm hoping.

rij,

Your very much mistaken mate.

Eric Dier has started every EPL match this season apart from

the Liverpool game where he was suspended for one match due to picking up 5 yellows.

Im confident that Poch right now will have him as his first name on the team sheet.

rij,

Your very much mistaken mate.

Eric Dier has started every EPL match this season apart from

the Liverpool game where he was suspended for one match due to picking up 5 yellows.

Im confident that Poch right now will have him as his first name on the team sheet.

First name on the sheet is Lloris but I hear what you're saying....Dier has been outstanding....the whole team has done well this season with the exception of Lamela who is looking like another one game a season wonder sadly.

That's not what was being said sotss, you were saying he was 1st choice at holding midfeilder, he wasn't he didn't start the season there, he only got the job because of injury. whether he'll hold down the job with A fully fit squad is yet to be seen but i'm in agreement he's arguably been a stand out performer, his versatility reminds me of ledley king and to a point Mr Campbell.

That's not what was being said sotss, you were saying he was 1st choice at holding midfeilder, he wasn't he didn't start the season there, he only got the job because of injury. whether he'll hold down the job with A fully fit squad is yet to be seen but i'm in agreement he's arguably been a stand out performer, his versatility reminds me of ledley king and to a point Mr Campbell.

The Vertonghen/Alderweirald partnership is up there with the best in the league at the moment and is greatly helped by the excellent cover given by Dier. Last season we leaked more goals than Hull. We currently have the joint tightest defense in the league. One player i'm never going to be convinced by is Walker.

I also think that Alderweirald is possibly the best summer signing.

• Like 1

The Vertonghen/Alderweirald partnership is up there with the best in the league at the moment and is greatly helped by the excellent cover given by Dier. Last season we leaked more goals than Hull. We currently have the joint tightest defense in the league. One player i'm never going to be convinced by is Walker.

I also think that Alderweirald is possibly the best summer signing.

I agree with what you say about our centre back pairing and with Dier's protection in front.

Especially Alderweirald addition to the squad, but i think Walker so far this season has put in some

good performances, against Liverpool, C'Palace, Everton come to mind, let's not forget he had

hip, and abdominal injuries that hindered him last season.

Still, he is the best RB that we have, haven't been impressed with what i've seen of Trippier so far

though.

Danny Rose is another one who gives me the jitters whenever he plays, not sure who is better

suited at LB, him or Davies? Although i do feel more confident when Davies plays.

Can't say i'm impressed with the c/b pairing but the stats don't lie i luv watching verity get forward and loved him plowing down the wing as a l/b under ari, but when I c him stutter and hesitate at c/b Nah ,, it just ain't him, admittedly he's improved,, but he just don't cut it for me. imo we ain't got a decent solid defender tell.a lie perhaps dier in time, but alderweirald he like verify plays fullbac for Belgium,, and again don't cut it 4 me, gets pulled all over the place and 4 x 's despite his height advantage he ain't good ,, give verity his due he's stood up and saved his mates arse SO MANY times. But as you said stats don't lie perhaps, but if they ain't been torn the ship out of in the next month I will be totally made up. As for rose defending he is just a liability , he don't even vaguely look interested in defending , attacking ,,.yeah different story . Davies is better defender but don't forward as.well as rose . As for walker, i've spotted little glimpses that he's reading of the game is improving,, lets just hope I'm right cos as you've said he's been truly shocking. Thank the f for Hugo.

Edited by rijit

Well on paper one of the easier prem games.ie bottom club with no manager,,, famous last words,,,, but really should be 3 points.:)

Certainly looking easy so far.
yeah overall a pretty comfortable win.

They threatened for 20 ish mins in the second half thanks mainly to some piss poor defending by our c/bs. Who will need to step their performance up against the goons and wet spam or else defensively were gonna get a spanking. But our options going 4ward,, are nothing short of impressive. Ali totally looks the part. And hopeful kane will kic on from here.

S

Well on paper one of the easier prem games.ie bottom club with no manager,,, famous last words,,,, but really should be 3 points.smile.png

They threatened for 20 ish mins in the second half thanks mainly to some piss poor defending by our c/bs. Who will need to step their performance up against the goons and wet spam or else defensively were gonna get a spanking. But our options going 4ward,, are nothing short of impressive. Ali totally looks the part. And hopeful kane will kic on from here.

S

Harsh on the defense i feel. We reduced them to only two shots on target, one of which they scored from a lucky deflection. Aside of Rose who always worries me the defense is holding up very well indeed, and the stats prove it. Dier is also doing a great job.

We are going to have to acknowledge that with such a young side there will be lapses but as each game goes by these players look more assured and we can go into the two London derbies knowing that we can mix it with both of them.

Edited by carmine

Was no lucky deflection carms watch it again it was piss poor defending by verity. Verity was ax covering his mate half heartedly jumped and turned his back on the ball lost where it was and deflected past hugo schoolboy pathetic defending. Sort of shit u tell 12 year old c/bs not to do and get annoyed but sort of understand if they do abso abso no excuse for an international defender !! given our overall superiority put us unecessarily under the cosh for,, ?? Mins.

Thb i don't give a flying bout Stats during 90 mins imo that defence makes enuf mistakes for any top ish attack to exploit and lose us the game. Let's hope i'm wrong

Edited by rijit

Was no lucky deflection carms watch it again it was piss poor defending by verity. Verity was ax covering his mate half heartedly jumped and turned his back on the ball lost where it was and deflected past hugo schoolboy pathetic defending. Sort of shit u tell 12 year old c/bs not to do and get annoyed but sort of understand if they do abso abso no excuse for an international defender !! given our overall superiority put us unecessarily under the cosh for,, ?? Mins.

Thb i don't give a flying bout Stats during 90 mins imo that defence makes enuf mistakes for any top ish attack to exploit and lose us the game. Let's hope i'm wrong

Stats are facts Rij. Stats say our defense is amongst the best in the league and the improvement on last season shambles is marked. I put a lot of that down to the center back pairing and Dier infant. Regards the goal, if anyones to blame its Mason and to a lesser degree Dier. Vertonghen was merely trying to bloke a shot that they should never have had in the first place but i suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

Watch it again again sure mason lost the ball and dier sucked around but how verity shaped up all he had to do was stand there job done but no he 100% bottled it. Twas schoolboy stuff totally inexcusable for an international cb. . And stats are a mean not an absolute , against a quality attack mistakes get punished and barring mancity we Havnt really been 'tried' yet oh tell a lie we almost got a spanking in the europa.

Lets hope your right but tbh i just see our defence as just another typical 'us' defence , error prone and a potential spanking waiting to happen. Were lucky to have Hugo and thankfully our attacking potential is awesome

Edited by rijit

We reduced them to only two shots on target, one of which they scored from a lucky deflection.

I don't know if you "reduced" them, I think that's their weekly quota at the moment.

Remi must have been thinking "What have I done?!".

Edited by Chicog

We reduced them to only two shots on target, one of which they scored from a lucky deflection.

I don't know if you "reduced" them, I think that's their weekly quota at the moment.

Remi must have been thinking "What have I done?!".

Up amongst THE most toothless attacks I've seen EVER at the lane. Agbonlahor had 8 touchs including KO'S in the first half. Apparently some sort of prem record.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Yeah getting song back for our batch of tuf up and coming games will be a huge plus,,.I'm wondering will he Start?

Is he back training yet?
Not sure. Hope so

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

onya lads, like reading your thoughts

held off making posts about potts and his team, i am still very undecided about the expectations to place on our hopes this season.

i think we are very much on the right path, a solid defence and players with flair, we are doing well.

but as i love the club, i see some players a deficient in important aspects.

as a spur, i am loving the ride

• Like 2

Well on paper one of the easier prem games.ie bottom club with no manager,,, famous last words,,,, but really should be 3 points.smile.png

I think our early goal knocked Villa's confidence to the point where it made it look easy in the first half, but we didn't play that well, to me, we looked like we were playing in third gear for most of the match.

Second half, Villa played better and when they came at us they caused us problems, hitting the post, and then soon after scoring.

At 2-1 in the last 10mins the game could have ended 2-2 just as easily as 3-1.

I wasn't impressed with the way we panicked and couldn't retain the ball.

As Rij says, against better opposition we would need to step up our game.

Especially with Anderlecht & TheArse coming up very soon.

I think our early goal knocked Villa's confidence to the point where it made it look easy in the first half, but we didn't play that well, to me, we looked like we were playing in third gear for most of the match.

Second half, Villa played better and when they came at us they caused us problems, hitting the post, and then soon after scoring.

At 2-1 in the last 10mins the game could have ended 2-2 just as easily as 3-1.

I wasn't impressed with the way we panicked and couldn't retain the ball.

As Rij says, against better opposition we would need to step up our game.

Especially with Anderlecht & TheArse coming up very soon.

You're right in that we should have killed the game in the first half.

Hopefully Son will return quickly and take some of the pressure and attention away from Kane.

He got injured on the 26th Sept against Man City, there's a possibility that he could feature

on Thursday or Sunday against the Arse according to these articles.

http://hotspurhq.com/2015/11/03/heung-min-son-could-return-ahead-of-tottenhams-clash-with-arsenal/?

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/tottenham/we_hear_he_s_back_to_full_strength_spurs_handed_arsenal_injury_boost_1_4293410

Although there's nothing official from the club, these articles state that the S Korea coach is expecting him to be near

full fitness to include him in the international squad for an upcoming match on the 12 Nov.

So it looks promising! thumbsup.gif

Talking of Son, these articles below are interesting, saying that The Arse scouts watched him 30

times last season and recommended him to Wenger.biggrin.png

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2015/10/29/9633716/son-was-coveted-by-arsenal-scouts

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/tsf-diary/29031/setting-the-agenda-massimo-cellino-son-heung-min-tim-sherwood-phil-jagielka/#slide-2

Edited by sotsira
  • Like 2