Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Braga 2-3 Tottenham :D

Spurs skipper Keane takes the acclaim after scoring in Portugal

Robbie Keane's late goal gave Tottenham a vital away victory after Braga had fought back from two goals down in the first leg of their Uefa Cup tie.

Aaron Lennon fed Keane to smash Spurs in front from the edge of the area and Steed Malbranque followed up another Lennon shot to make it 2-0.

Paulo Jorge pulled one back after Paul Robinson saved his penalty and Ze Carlos headed home a late leveller.

But Keane had the final word, running clear to score an injury-time winner.

Interview: Tottenham manager Martin Jol

It was a dramatic finale to a game that Tottenham should have had wrapped up by half-time.

Dimitar Berbatov has scored five goals in four Uefa Cup games for Spurs and his side's early dominance meant he had plenty of chances to add to that tally here.

The Bulgarian international did all the hard work in the sixth minute when he evaded Pinto on the right wing and danced past Jorge inside the area - but his poked shot found the side rather than the back of the net with only Paulo Santos to beat.

Teemu Tainio tested Santos from the edge of the area with the visitors' next chance after Berbatov had played him in and, as Braga continued to sit back, more openings followed.

Player rater: Who was your man of the match?

Berbatov should have done better when Malbranque put him clear but he again failed to find the target.

More chances came and went when Santos saved Keane's shot with his forearm then kept out a powerful Berbatov shot after good work from Young-Pyo Lee down the left.

Braga came out with more purpose after the interval but they were still short of ideas in the final third.

It took Tottenham a while to get going again themselves but - thanks to Keane's precision - they scored with their first attack of the half on 57 minutes.

Lennon took advantage of some weak challenges to feed the Republic of Ireland international on the edge of the box and Keane made no mistake, firing into the top corner.

Braga failed to respond to going behind and Spurs were soon further ahead.

606: DEBATE

Your reaction to Tottenham's Uefa Cup victory

Lennon cut inside and, when his shot was only parried by Santos, Malbranque was on hand to fire into the roof of the net.

That should have been game over but a controversial penalty handed Braga a way back into the game.

Diego was adjudged to have been fouled by Anthony Gardner and Jorge followed up to slot home after Robinson dived to his left to save his initial spot-kick.

And with 10 minutes the home side grabbed an unlikely equaliser when Ze Carlos got on the end of Castanheira's curling free-kick.

Tottenham were faced with the prospect of seeing all their earlier good work going to waste but Keane had other ideas.

He escaped the Braga defence and fired past Santos to put his side back in control of the tie ahead of the second leg at White Hart Lane on 14 March.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Braga: Paulo Santos, Luis Filipe, Paulo Jorge, Rodriguez, Carlos Fernandes, Joao Amaral, Joao Pinto (Maciel 80), Castanheira, Bruno Gama (Cesinha 69), Ze Carlos, Wender (Diego 69).

Subs Not Used: Dani Mallo, Nem, Paito, Ricardo Chaves.

Goals: Paulo Jorge 76, Ze Carlos 81.

Tottenham: Robinson, Chimbonda, Dawson, Gardner, Young-Pyo Lee, Lennon, Tainio (Huddlestone 74), Zokora, Malbranque, Berbatov, Keane.

Subs Not Used: Cerny, Stalteri, Ghaly, Defoe, Taarabt, Charlie Lee.

Booked: Berbatov, Chimbonda.

Goals: Keane 57, Malbranque 72, Keane 90.

Att: 15,000

We should have scored at least 6 , plus the penalty was dodgy, but I think 3 away goals should make the home leg easy enough.

Shame the gooners won't be in their QF... :D

Now if we can turn the Cheski over on Sunday this will start looking like a nice little end to the season.... :o

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good win there Chon buddy. A bit nervy towards the end. And no way on earth, was that a penalty.

Cheers Sir !

Here's hoping we will get a better ref for the return leg!

:D

Seconded..

I really have a feeling that we are going to win this cup... The side seems to be responding to accusations of lack of mettle by coming back late. This season is getting better and better.

I facy another hat-full of goals hosting Watford!!

:o

You can't be too happy about this Chonabot!! :o

Double blow for Spurs

Tottenham have revealed that both Paul Robinson and Robbie Keane will miss their FA Cup quarter-final clash with Chelsea.

Spurs travel across London to Stamford Bridge on Sunday, but they will have to do it without both players - who picked up injuries in the midweek Uefa Cup win over Braga.

Robinson has picked up a thigh problem, while Keane has an ankle injury.

"Robbo can't play because he has a little tear in his thigh, although we're hopeful he'll be back next week," said Spurs boss Martin Jol.

"It means Radek (Cerny) will play and Robert Burch will be on the bench because Ben Alnwick is also injured at the moment.

"Robbie is also out. He took a kick to his ankle in the first half on Thursday, it's sprained and we'll have to wait and see how long he's out for.

"We have a few knocks and bruises but Mido is back."

Keane and Robinson join an increasingly large list of casualties at White Hart Lane, with England trio Ledley King, Jermaine Jenas and Danny Murphy already out.

Chelsea 3-3 Tottenham

Tottenham's Berbatov, Ghaly and Lennon celebrate

Chelsea came back from two goals down to earn an FA Cup quarter-final replay.

Dimitar Berbatov smashed past Petr Cech to Spurs ahead but Chelsea hit back when Frank Lampard stretched out a leg to turn in Michael Ballack's shot.

Spurs regained the lead when Michael Essien turned Aaron Lennon's cross into his own net and Hossam Ghaly slotted home a third after a powerful run.

Frank Lampard pulled a goal back with a close-range volley and Salomon Kalou cracked in the equaliser late on.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho had said before the game that he did not want a replay and by sending out a team without the defensive screen that is Claude Makelele, it seemed he had allowed Spurs to ensure he got his wish.

Without Makelele and injured skipper John Terry, Chelsea looked in the first half as though they would not have coped had they been facing the Dog & Duck's attack rather than the in-form Berbatov and Aaron Lennon.

And with Didier Zakora running the midfield, Spurs dictated the tempo and took advantage of Chelsea's disorganisation.

Just five minutes into the game, Jermain Defoe embarked on mazy run and laid the ball off for Lennon to thread a pass into the patch of Berbatov, who lashed in a first-time effort.

The warning signs were there for Chelsea but Lampard briefly papered over the cracks when he redirected Ballack's cross-shot to level the score.

But although Arjen Robben and Didier Drogba then began to show signs of life, Chelsea looked anything other than alive elsewhere in the park.

Certainly Essien was not tuned in when he nipped in front of Cech to cut out a cross his keeper would have comfortably gathered, only to put the ball into his own goal.

Spurs almost squandered their advantage when Paul Stalteri made a last-ditch clearance to prevent Michael Dawson scoring an own-goal.

But seven minutes later, Tottenham extended their lead when Ghaly picked up the ball deep in his own half and then out muscled the Chelsea midfield to burst through on goal and place a precise low shot out of Cech's reach.

As the first half drew to a close, Essien came close to pulling a goal back but headed wide at the far post.

After the break, Chelsea, perhaps sensibly, opted to pile everyone forward - they didn't seem to have anyone at the back anyway.

A trio of chances came in quick succession but Balllack spurned two with his head and Lampard shot weakly.

And Spurs should have made them pay when Lennon burst through on goal, but Cech produced a superb save to deny him and then Defoe made a mess of a free header from three yards out.

Instead, it was the visitors who were punished when a goalmouth scramble ensued after a corner and the ball broke to Lampard, who clipped the ball low into the corner.

Suddenly, a re-jigged Chelsea were in the ascendancy and for the first time in the game Spurs were on the back foot.

the hosts, who had made a host of substitutions appeared to be playing with only two defenders.

Yet the changes paid off when substitute Kalou connected sweetly after Drogba headed the ball across goal and Chelsea were level.

Then in injury time, Defoe had a chance to give Spurs their first win at Stamford Bridge in 17 years but his fizzing drive cannoned back off the bar.

If Berbatov had stayed on . I'm sure we would have won this tie, but an excellent match for neutrals, can't wait for the replay..... :o

I must admit we played crap and you still couldn't beat us Chon!! Monday week it's a replay at 3 point lane where I'm sure we will turn you over 2-0. :o

Mourinho hails Chelsea comeback

Jose Mourinho hailed his side and played down the impact of his tactical changes as Chelsea fought back to draw 3-3 in their FA Cup tie with Tottenham.

He told BBC Sport: "I contributed with my substitutions but the players did it. It is all about the players.

"The team's character, spirit and belief are very important.

"The players' mentality was very, very good. We were almost out of the FA Cup when we were two goals down but at the end we are still in the competition."

However, Spurs boss Martin Jol felt that would not be the case had his side taken their chances.

He said: "We played well in the first 20 minutes and we surprised them.

"We scored goals and I felt their equaliser was a lucky goal - even their second was a cheap goal. We have to get that out of our system.

"They threw everything at us, with three strikers. I knew that it would have been over if we scored a fourth goal and we could have done that.

"I thought we were capable of scoring another goal - Aaron Lennon had a one-on-one and could have made it 4-1 and I felt we also should have had a penalty. But you have to be lucky."

Mourinho, too, was unhappy with referee Mike Riley, and felt the official's performance did not match the quality of the match.

He said: "It was a magnificent game for all the supporters. There were two magnificent teams out there. But the third team, the referee, was not magnificent.

"If Mike Riley is in charge for the replay he needs to be better because today I thought his performance was not good."

I must admit we played crap and you still couldn't beat us Chon!! Monday week it's a replay at 3 point lane where I'm sure we will turn you over 2-0. :D

We had the match in the bag until Berbie was subbed....Christ knows why that happened?

Great match anyhow, looking forward to the replay, and I'm confident the team who has won the most FA cups previously will prevail.

Disapointment here Chon, I left the house at 1-3 and then got back in it was 3-3.

Shamw I wanted your boys to turn over the Chelski Money Men

Good Luck

Moss

Just posted this and then went back to look, did a little bit of editing then Chon :D , thought better of it in the end :o

Disapointment here Chon, I left the house at 1-3 and then got back in it was 3-3.

Shamw I wanted your boys to turn over the Chelski Money Men

Good Luck

Moss

Just posted this and then went back to look, did a little bit of editing then Chon :D , thought better of it in the end :D

What use is this power if I can't use it occasionally....?... :o

[

If Berbatov had stayed on . I'm sure we would have won this tie, but an excellent match for neutrals, can't wait for the replay..... :o

Excellent match for us as well.......................................I must admit I had a feeling we were going to snatch it, even at 1-3.

There was some good footie played out there. (and some bad) Try scoring another three goals if Terry's back in the replay though. :D

[

Excellent match for us as well.......................................I must admit I had a feeling we were going to snatch it, even at 1-3.

There was some good footie played out there. (and some bad) Try scoring another three goals if Terry's back in the replay though. :D

2 should be enough for us, if King is playing.... :D

Big two kept apart in FA Cup draw

Manchester United and Chelsea could meet in the final of the FA Cup after the semi-final draw kept them apart.

Blackburn came out of the hat first and will play the winners of the replay between Chelsea and Tottenham.

The winners of the replay between Manchester United and Middlesbrough will play Premiership strugglers Watford in the other tie.

The semi-final ties will be played on the weekend of 14 and 15 April at venues yet to be decided.

FA Cup semi-final draw:

Blackburn v Chelsea or Tottenham

Watford v Middlesbrough or Manchester United

Ties will be played the weekend of 14 and 15 April 2007

I must admit we played crap and you still couldn't beat us Chon!! Monday week it's a replay at 3 point lane where I'm sure we will turn you over 2-0. :D

We had the match in the bag until Berbie was subbed....Christ knows why that happened?

Great match anyhow, looking forward to the replay, and I'm confident the team who has won the most FA cups previously will prevail.

Cheers Chon, yeah I think we'll win it too. As long as we beat Boro of-course....! :D

The top 10 clubs by number of wins (and when they last won and lost a final):

Club Wins Last win. Runners-up Last final lost.

1 Manchester United 11 2004 6 2005

2 Arsenal 10 2005 7 2001

3 Tottenham Hotspur 8 1991 1 1987

4 Liverpool 7 2006 6 1996

Aston Villa 7 1957 3 2000

6 Newcastle United 6 1955 7 1999

Blackburn Rovers 6 1928 2 1960

8 Everton 5 1995 7 1989

West Bromwich Albion 5 1968 5 1935

Wanderers F.C. 5 1878 0

redrus

Cheers Chon, yeah I think we'll win it too. As long as we beat Boro of-course....! :D

The top 10 clubs by number of wins (and when they last won and lost a final):

Club Wins Last win. Runners-up Last final lost.

1 Manchester United 11 2004 6 2005

2 Arsenal 10 2005 7 2001

3 Tottenham Hotspur 8 1991 1 1987

4 Liverpool 7 2006 6 1996

Aston Villa 7 1957 3 2000

6 Newcastle United 6 1955 7 1999

Blackburn Rovers 6 1928 2 1960

8 Everton 5 1995 7 1989

West Bromwich Albion 5 1968 5 1935

Wanderers F.C. 5 1878 0

redrus

Ahhh, I meant the replay on Monday.

Nice list though , can't Roman buy his way onto it then ?

I noticed a conspicuous absence too....! :D

Isn't it in mod abilities to not do double posts like us mere mortals.... :o

redrus

It must be the nerves setting in as he knows he is in for a battle monday week!

I noticed a conspicuous absence too....! :D

Isn't it in mod abilities to not do double posts like us mere mortals.... :D

redrus

It must be the nerves setting in as he knows he is in for a battle monday week!

Absolutely , hope it's half as good as Sunday's match [ The first half..... :o ]

I'm hoping King will make a miraculous recovery, we've been without our 'JT' for over 11 weeks..... :D

Tottenham 3-2 Braga (agg 6-4) :o

By John Sinnott

Berbatov has scored 19 goals this season

Bulgarian Dimitar Berbatov scored two goals and made another to propel Spurs into the Uefa Cup quarter-finals.

Having won in Portugal last week, Spurs had the worst possible start after Tom Huddlestone headed past Radek Cerny.

But Spurs were soon back in front as Berbatov scored with a right-footed flick and then a quite superb volley.

Andrade Joao Amaral's arrowed free-kick briefly threatened a shock, before Berbatov's pass freed Steed Malbranque, who flicked the ball past Paulo Jorge.

Spurs have now scored 23 goals in seven games and Martin Jol's side gave their fans another three goals to savour.

The pick was Berbatov's breathtaking volley, though the passes that made the first and third goals were equally eye-catching.

I hope our inability to keep a clean sheet against anyone at the moment will not come back to haunt us against Chelsea

YS

Wednesday's victory also means Spurs have won all eight games they have played in the Uefa Cup this season as they bid to win the tournament they last won in 1984.

That outstanding record momentarily came under threat when Braga took a surprise lead after Huddlestone headed into his own goal following Amaral's curling free-kick.

Tottenham had dominated the game up to that point but even conceding that goal failed to dim Spurs' quixotic spirit.

If Berbatov's goals showcased his exquisite finishing skills, the Bulgarian was quick to credit the role played by first Robbie Keane and then Huddlestone in setting him up

Keane was surrounded by four Braga defenders but the Irishman's flick beat them all as Berbatov made a run to the left of his striking partner.

The pass deserved a goal and Berbatov did not disappoint, beating Jorge with a measured shot hit with the outside of his right foot.

Huddlestone had looked distraught after his own goal, but his demeanour improved immeasurably when his quick thinking from a free-kick provided the pass for Spurs' second goal.

Huddlestone's flighted pass was quickly chested down by Berbatov who swivelled to volley past Jorge with a stupendous volley.

Berbatov and Keane had chances to extend Spurs' lead before the interval, but neither striker was able to find the net.

Just before the hour Braga's hopes of pulling off a remarkable win were revived when Amaral thumped a free-kick past Cerny.

But for a third time in the game Braga had no answer to Berbatov, as the Bulgarian arced a pass over the Portuguese defence to find Malbranque who slipped the ball past Jorge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tottenham: Cerny, Stalteri, Dawson, Chimbonda, Young-Pyo Lee, Lennon (Ghaly 81), Huddlestone, Zokora, Malbranque, Keane (Defoe 66), Berbatov.

Subs Not Used: Alnwick, Tainio, Mido, Taarabt, Charlie Lee.

Booked: Berbatov, Malbranque.

Goals: Berbatov 28, 42, Malbranque 76.

Braga: Paulo Santos, Luis Filipe, Paulo Jorge, Rodriguez (Nem 40), Carlos Fernandes, Frechaut, Madrid, Joao Amaral, Joao Pinto (Cesinha 74), Ze Carlos (Maciel 74), Wender.

Subs Not Used: Dani Mallo, Castanheira, Ricardo Chaves, Bruno Gama.

Booked: Joao Amaral, Joao Pinto, Luis Filipe.

Goals: Huddlestone 24 og, Joao Amaral 61.

Att: 33,761.

Ref: Laurent Duhamel (France).

Nice one !

Tottenham 3-1 Watford

By Sam Lyon

Paul Robinson celebrates his stunning goal at White Hart Lane

Tottenham keeper Paul Robinson scored a remarkable goal from fully 80 yards as the hosts moved up to sixth with a fine win that piled the pressure on Watford.

Jermaine Jenas handed Spurs the lead, heading home Pascal Chimbonda's cross, before Robinson made it two when his long free-kick bounced into the corner.

Jermain Defoe twice went close and Mido contrived to miss an open goal as Spurs tormented the toothless Hornets.

Hossam Ghaly curled a third late on before Darius Henderson's consolation.

The Hornets' goal in injury-time marred an otherwise comfortable afternoon for Tottenham, and meant the hosts have now gone 20 Premiership games without keeping a clean sheet.

But, with Monday's FA Cup quarter-final against Chelsea looming, Martin Jol could have barely hoped for a better day's work from Tottenham.

And it was all the better given his team selection, which saw key stars Dimitar Berbatov, Aaron Lennon and Robbie Keane left on the Tottenham bench, with Didier Zokora rested altogether.

For his part, Watford boss Adrian Boothroyd erred on the side of a numbers-behind-the-ball tactic and for much of the half it worked, with Spurs struggling to break through.

The visitors' aggressive intent was evident from the outset and Riccardo Rocha was forced off field for seven minutes to have four stitches in a wound under his eye.

However, despite lacking the fluidity and potency of recent weeks, Spurs were in total control and Robinson was a virtual spectator throughout the first half.

Still, though, a Mido half-chance and Jenas long-shot aside, it took until the 41st minute for Spurs to find a meaningful chance - but when they did, it counted.

Chimbonda launched the ball to the back post from the right touchline and Jenas rose under severe pressure to guide a splendid header into the corner for his fifth goal in his last seven games.

Suddenly, Spurs found their attacking verve and Defoe almost made it two when he twisted and turned Lloyd Doyley before toe-poking narrowly wide from 16 yards.

Goalscorer Robinson, right, consoles Foster after the final whistle

Boothroyd replaced Tamas Priskin with Henderson in the second half, but it made little impact and Defoe's delightful chip narrowly drifted wide before Mido firmly headed at Foster as Tottenham continued to threaten.

However, few would have predicted the nature of Tottenham's second when it came, Robinson taking a free-kick from five yards outside his own penalty area, the ball floating over the defence, bouncing over Foster, and drifting into the corner.

It was exactly the sort of freak goal that goes against teams when they're struggling, and it was almost even worse when Foster had to turn over the bar from Tom Huddlestone's crashing 20-yard drive.

It should definitely have been three minutes later, when Foster spilled Huddlestone's effort only for Mido to somehow allow him to save his tame effort with the goal gaping.

However, the Spurs faithful did not have to wait long for a deserved third, Ghaly curling in right at the end after a pacey counter-attack.

Henderson poked in at the last after Chimbonda's mistake to take the gloss off Robinson's day, but there is little doubt the win will last long in the memory of the Spurs keeper.

Tottenham manager Martin Jol:

"To get a goal is so nice for Robbo - and it came at a crucial moment for us as well because we needed the second after dominating for so long.

"You can say now that we really are scoring from all angles at the moment!

"We're having a dream spell - we're playing more games than any team, lots of them away from home, but we're playing well and getting victories.

"We know only too well that cup competitions can go either way and if you don't win them, you get nothing. We'll be pushing hard to win them of course, but if we don't we have to do well in the league."

Watford boss Adrian Boothroyd:

"I've never seen anything like that before to be honest, but it's a freak goal and Ben Foster will bounce back and fulfill his potential as one of the best keepers in England.

"The result was a fair one. We didn't know whether to press or attack and we got caught between two stools and against a side of that quality, they will punish you.

"I'm disappointed and we've let ourselves down. This was always going to be a hel_l of a task but we're still in there and we'll keep fighting and keep dreaming."

Tottenham: Robinson, Chimbonda, Dawson, Rocha, Young-Pyo Lee (Stalteri 80), Ghaly, Jenas, Huddlestone, Malbranque (Lennon 71), Mido, Defoe.

Subs Not Used: Cerny, Berbatov, Keane.

Goals: Jenas 41, Robinson 63, Ghaly 85.

Watford: Foster, Mariappa, Doyley, Shittu, Powell, Chambers (Kabba 77), Mahon, Williams (Rinaldi 62), Smith, Priskin (Henderson 56), Bouazza.

Subs Not Used: Lee, Williamson.

Goals: Henderson 89.

Att: 36,051.

Ref: M Halsey (Lancashire

What a nice warm up for the little match on Monday..... :o

Up to 6th place now.

It would be funny if we ended up in 5th again after such a crap start to the season, in comparison with last season where we were 4th for about 80% of it only to slide to 5th in the last week.

I smell silverware this season.... :D

Well played PAUL ROBINSON...got me a 3-1 prdiction bless him !!

For the first time this season you are above READING...and I somehow think you will stay above Reading.

Good Luck

Cheers TP, I would love for Reading to nick a top 6 spot at the expense of Bolton who I feel will slide down soon.

I have just seen Paul Robinsons goal.Well done.

He said in his interview that it was not entirely Fosters fault,rather than an unlucky bounce.Paul admitted that he also suffered the same fate."The ball hit a divot"......England International.

I would like to see more of this kind of thing as I have never seen a keeper score like that before.

Well done.

You have to feel sorry for Watford after conceeding a goal like that.

Oh well :o

Tight first half, 2 cracking goals, changed the game. We wasted a few chances in that first 45 mins.

Mustn't grumble.

Well lets push for 5th place and Uefa...etc...etc.et fkn cetera....... :D

Just goes to show with JT in the team we are unstoppable, going all the way, turn over Blackburn and then beat Man Utd 2-1, should be a great final, can't wait, better start saving now for my ticket! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Tottenham 1-0 Reading

By Mandeep Sanghera

Tottenham's Keane scores from the spot against Reading

Tottenham moved up to sixth place in the Premiership as they kept up their challenge for a Uefa Cup place with a win over rivals Reading.

Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov squandered one-on-one chances for the home side before Leroy Lita's header hit the post at the other end.

But Spurs went ahead when Keane tucked away a penalty after Greg Halford was harshly penalised for handball.

Jermain Defoe sent a dominant Spurs side's best chance over the bar.

Interview: Reading boss Steve Coppell

Interview: Spurs boss Martin Jol

Berbatov has been one of the signings of the season and the Bulgarian started off in promising fashion.

Give your thoughts on the match Rate the players

He expertly directed a header to release Aaron Lennon and he laid the ball to Malbranque.

The Frenchman's strike after only two minutes struck the outside of the post but set the tone for an attacking and free-flowing game.

Berbatov chested down a ball for Keane moments later and he should have done better than to power a shot into Marcus Hahnemann from six yards.

Hahnemann rushed to block a Berbatov shot as Reading were again sliced open before the home side were almost punished for missing their chances.

Lita was found by a pin-point cross from Glen Little only to see his six-yard header come back off the post.

Reading players complain to ref Alan Wiley over his decision to give Spurs a penalty

Spurs are flamboyant in attack but can be equally vulnerable at the other end and Dave Kitson was next to go close for Reading, with his snap-shot being saved by keeper Paul Robinson.

The home side continued to attack and they took the lead through Keane's spot-kick, with Halford the culprit for the Royals on his first Premiership start.

Reading had to replace Hahnemann with Adam Federici at half-time because of injury.

Federici was beaten when Jermaine Jenas turned and shot into goal but the effort was ruled out for offside.

Malbranque fizzed a shot just high, with Spurs pressing for a second to give them some breathing space, while Reading were clinging on.

The fear for Spurs was that they would pay the price for a host of misses, especially from substitute Defoe, but they kept their first Premiership clean sheet since October 2006 to secure a fifth straight league win.

Tottenham: Robinson, Chimbonda, Dawson, Rocha, Young-Pyo Lee, Lennon, Zokora, Jenas, Malbranque (Huddlestone 80), Berbatov, Keane (Defoe 75).

Subs Not Used: Cerny, Stalteri, Taarabt.

Booked: Rocha.

Goals: Keane 41 pen.

Reading: Hahnemann (Federici 46), Halford, Duberry, Ingimarsson, Shorey, Little (Oster 75), Harper, Sidwell, Hunt (Doyle 65), Lita, Kitson.

Subs Not Used: Bikey, Gunnarsson.

Att: 36,067

Ref: A Wiley (Staffordshire).

Archived