Tottenham Thread

chonabot

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better but not many players leave liverpool to go onto better things.

Sterling - agents a complete idiot so I'm pleased he was sold off and 49 million ain't bad for a lad who had his head turned.

Suarez - I would have liked him to have stayed and I think he fancies coming back but great business, beauty of a player too. 

Point is our boys if good more often than not notch a lot more appearances in a red shirt than good players at Tottenham.  Juicy bit of fact finding for you there. Did I check that out prior? Did I hell. 

Get on it Aconn. 

Sounds more to me like Madrid and Barca aint that interested although it seems Balotelli at least has gone on to better things this season. :post-4641-1156694572:

7 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

Sounds more to me like Madrid and Barca aint that interested although it seems Balotelli at least has gone on to better things this season. :post-4641-1156694572:

Bottom line lads your over achieving and don't you just know it.

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Bottom line lads your over achieving and don't you just know it.

Well well you've finally and inadvertently hit the nail on the head!!  Ofcourse were are over achieving, look at our net spend and the age of our squad.  

From now on your names "Bullet"  welcome to the forum.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

I hope we continue to overachieve....you could say that of any successful team....spirit...teamwork...a positive attitude....great management...all leading to success beyond the expectation of the fans.

Yes we hope it happens at WHL.....just look at Leicester and imagine what their fans went through last year....the stuff dreams are made of so yup keep overachieving here!

51 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better but not many players leave liverpool to go onto better things.

Sterling - agents a complete idiot so I'm pleased he was sold off and 49 million ain't bad for a lad who had his head turned.

Suarez - I would have liked him to have stayed and I think he fancies coming back but great business, beauty of a player too. 

Point is our boys if good more often than not notch a lot more appearances in a red shirt than good players at Tottenham.  Juicy bit of fact finding for you there. Did I check that out prior? Did I hell. 

Get on it Aconn. 

I think you've conveniently missed a few there Bullet  :ohmy:

Edited by alfieconn

Just now, smokie36 said:

Oh piss off Bob....you have never won the Prediction League....if mrboj tips us I'm going to buy a magnum of champagne immediately. :biggrin:

Yeah but where am i sitting this season, I'm smashing it. I'm telling smokes this Chelsea lot are not going to go the distance. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah but where am i sitting this season, I'm smashing it. I'm telling smokes this Chelsea lot are not going to go the distance. :thumbsup:

Its going to be very interesting if we stay injury free....looks like a four or five horse race.

2 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Its going to be very interesting if we stay injury free....looks like a four or five horse race.

Yes injuries will be the key. Still think you guys have the best balanced side and have been riding along nicely under the radar as usual. As long as United to don't win it i'll be happy :laugh:

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Bob, can you give us a clue to what you are talking about :ohmy:

Figuratively speaking, I have a few Baht and i'm going to place a bet (outside of Thailand of course) on Spurs to win the title, comprender? 

38 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Figuratively speaking, I have a few Baht and i'm going to place a bet (outside of Thailand of course) on Spurs to win the title, comprender? 

Best defense in the EPL, shading Chelsea by one goal at the moment. Can Spurs get the ball in the net often enough ? Could be, if Eriksen, Alli, Kane and Son stay hot. If only they had a pacey forward to get behind the defense and able to finish. I'd be reaching into my pocket as well.

If only Spurs had Messi, eh Smokie ?!:cowboy:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Oh piss off Bob....you have never won the Prediction League....if mrboj tips us I'm going to buy a magnum of champagne immediately. :biggrin:

I think what they mean by "win it" is a higher placed finnish than arsenal cos you boys will tail off. 

4 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Best defense in the EPL, shading Chelsea by one goal at the moment. Can Spurs get the ball in the net often enough ? Could be, if Eriksen, Alli, Kane and Son stay hot. If only they had a pacey forward to get behind the defense and able to finish. I'd be reaching into my pocket as well.

If only Spurs had Messi, eh Smokie ?!:cowboy:

If spurs had Messi that would represent the biggest step down in competitive football since So Campbell went in holiday to Notts County or better yet that asprilla geezer agreeing to join some firm in the 4th div?

3 hours ago, carmine said:

You are brilliant.  Please keep posting and another festive xmas new years welcome.  You are this seasons gift Bullet my old china.  Luv ya!!

Just being real carmine that's all. I do love a quiet night in h&I after match day but I also like to see teams push on a bit and you lot seem perfectly happy building a good squad and dismantling it when it makes sense financially. Seems a bit short sighted. It's like a business and nothing else and that would not bode well with most fan bases I reckon . The THFeederC fans in here seem content, that's just the way it is I guess.

19 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Get on it Aconn. 

Only 2 Bullet ? shock horror  :ohmy: :cheesy:

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Just being real carmine that's all. I do love a quiet night in h&I after match day but I also like to see teams push on a bit and you lot seem perfectly happy building a good squad and dismantling it when it makes sense financially. Seems a bit short sighted. It's like a business and nothing else and that would not bode well with most fan bases I reckon . The THFeederC fans in here seem content, that's just the way it is I guess.

There are three key factors here that seem to escape you;

1  Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world and invariably get their man.

2 Of the key players sold that you are no doubt referring to, Bale, Madrid ,Berbatov and Carrick, all four wanted to go, two effectively went on strike, Carrick is a United fan anyway.  You cant keep players that simply don't want to stay.  It unsettles the dressing room.

3  All players sold were sold for top dollar with huge profit,  with the club making the upmost best out of an unwanted situation.

Thats really it and your argument has no real basis.  Considering our current league position and the second biggest stadium in the country being built your argument is laughable.

Funny story for you's, a good friend of mine lives in Milton Keynes, when his son was about 8 or 9 years he told his son, I'll run a team for you but need to get the players, how about that boy Dele who is in your class ? the son's reply   "No No Dad, he's not very good "

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

2 Of the key players sold that you are no doubt referring to, Bale, Madrid ,Berbatov and Carrick, all four wanted to go, two effectively went on strike, Carrick is a United fan anyway.  You cant keep players that simply don't want to stay.  It unsettles the dressing room.

3  All players sold were sold for top dollar with huge profit,  with the club making the upmost best out of an unwanted situation.

Thats really it and your argument has no real basis.  Considering our current league position and the second biggest stadium in the country being built your argument is laughable.

I wouldn't even bother carms, he come's out with some real rubbish and when you question him on things he never answers, this comment for a start

happy building a good squad and dismantling it

When have we ever done that ? but there won't be answer

39 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I wouldn't even bother carms, he come's out with some real rubbish and when you question him on things he never answers, this comment for a start

When have we ever done that ? but there won't be answer

I think he's great!!  Ask him what the Liverpool boards rationale about selling Suarez, Mascherano, Alonso, and of course soon to be, Coutinho?  Other than the simple fact that when the big two come calling the player has to be sold.  And then of course there was Sterling...

Doubt i'll get an answer to that either.  btw, does he know all our players have signed new long term contracts recently?

Bullets a gift...........

1 hour ago, carmine said:

No sonny Jim your clubs lack of  vision means your nothing but a stepping stone. Players play their way into the sight of top clubs as your club never bloody moves on and your fans accept it. Current league position and stadium. Your fans have no heart and the player who has donned the WHL strip the most in PL era was a known injury plagued good player and every club knew he was too much of a gamble.