Tottenham Thread

chonabot

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

No sonny Jim your clubs lack of  vision means your nothing but a stepping stone. Players play their way into the sight of top clubs as your club never bloody moves on and your fans accept it. Current league position and stadium. Your fans have no heart and the player who has donned the WHL strip the most in PL era was a known injury plagued good player and every club knew he was too much of a gamble.

Our lack of vision?

How is your new stadium coming along?

Tell us all about Liverpool's strong financial position again....we love to hear about that.

You're the best thing to have happened to this forum in ages.

What a laugh you give me over my coffee every day!

"Ask him what the Liverpool boards rationale about selling Suarez, Mascherano, Alonso, and of course soon to be, Coutinho?  Other than the simple fact that when the big two come calling the player has to be sold.  And then of course there was Sterling... Doubt i'll get an answer to that either.  btw, does he know all our players have signed new long term contracts recently?"

I see no difference between the reasons Spurs sold the 4 players and Liverpool selling these players but I'm looking to seeing the BRUMMIE Liverpool fans response to carmines post. Come on son.

1 hour ago, smokie36 said:

Our lack of vision?

How is your new stadium coming along?

Tell us all about Liverpool's strong financial position again....we love to hear about that.

You're the best thing to have happened to this forum in ages.

What a laugh you give me over my coffee every day!

New stadiums, financial positions what about winning something?  You want a laugh pal albeit a short one. Read your clubs honours list or rather try looking for it. 

Quite remarkably, in each of Alderweireld's seven full seasons as a professional, he has always played in a team that has had either the best defensive record (five times) or the second best defensive record (twice) in the league. On the two occasions that he played in the league's second best defence (Ajax in 2011/12 and Southampton in 2014/15), the number of goals that they conceded was only one more than the best defence. 

Throughout our analysis it became apparent that Alderweireld's association with organised and disciplined defensive units, who don't concede a lot of goals, was not a lucky coincidence. This was a trend that continued after he signed for Tottenham as they posted the joint best defensive record in the Premier League last season and they currently have the best defensive record in the league this season too.

Edited by alfieconn

10 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Quite remarkably, in each of Alderweireld's seven full seasons as a professional, he has always played in a team that has had either the best defensive record (five times) or the second best defensive record (twice) in the league. On the two occasions that he played in the league's second best defence (Ajax in 2011/12 and Southampton in 2014/15), the number of goals that they conceded was only one more than the best defence. 

Throughout our analysis it became apparent that Alderweireld's association with organised and disciplined defensive units, who don't concede a lot of goals, was not a lucky coincidence. This was a trend that continued after he signed for Tottenham as they posted the joint best defensive record in the Premier League last season and they currently have the best defensive record in the league this season too.

50 mill do ya. Think Sammy hyppia. Some players were priceless but not to your lot.

20 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

No sonny Jim your clubs lack of  vision means your nothing but a stepping stone. Players play their way into the sight of top clubs as your club never bloody moves on and your fans accept it. Current league position and stadium. Your fans have no heart and the player who has donned the WHL strip the most in PL era was a known injury plagued good player and every club knew he was too much of a gamble.

Nonsense and i think you know.  Troll.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Imho, Alderweirald is the best defender in the league.  The difference in our defense during his absence was marked.  As soon as he came back we immediately tightened back up.  Vertonghen in particular seemed to lose confidence and went back to his shirt pulling and erratic performances yet as soon as Toby returned he became more assured.

I believe he's the one player yet to sign a new contract and if so its extremely important to us that he does.

On a footnote Poch has a lovely option now to play three at the back with Toby Vertonghen and i think Carter-Vickers.  All three quick enough and confident playing wider and would easily free up Rose and Walker to stretch defenses as was done to Chelsea.  

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

In Poch we trust :

Mauricio Pochettino was among the first to get in touch after the Bournemouth game. “Mauricio is the best coach, best manager and best person I’ve ever worked with,” says Rodriguez. “He knows how much I appreciate what he has done and what he still does for me. He constantly speaks to me. It is nice to hear that he is still supporting me and his staff are the same. He just wanted to improve you as a player and a person. He was always seeing things in a game that you were weak at but he also gave you that belief that you are a good player. He was an unbelievable manager and a person.” 

:post-4641-1156694572:  :post-4641-1156694572:

• Like 1

On 10/01/2017 at 3:11 AM, alfieconn said:

Funny story for you's, a good friend of mine lives in Milton Keynes, when his son was about 8 or 9 years he told his son, I'll run a team for you but need to get the players, how about that boy Dele who is in your class ? the son's reply   "No No Dad, he's not very good "

yeah bit like a guy i used to know, he used to manage bands  so one day his  next door neighbor turned up with his nephew askin for his help ,  said the kid wanted to be a singer , the guy i used to know  called him and i quote 'a  fat spotty greek and had no chance ' guess who it turned out to be ,,, george micheal !!!

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:31 AM, alfieconn said:

Those figures on their own go towards the overall P+L of the club so i'm not sure how you can say they are meaningless :sad:

Alfie, this is why it is meaningless to only use the net spend of players in a business sense. Yes, making money on a player(s) goes towards the overall P&L but it is also how the rest of the business is run. So even with all that money you made, you still aren't even in the top 10 which means money is leaking from your club or being wasted somewhere.

Premier League side Burnley fifth in European profit league for 2015

Burnley recorded the fifth highest net profit by a European club in the financial year of 2015, ahead of the likes of Bayern Munich, Porto and Ajax.

The Clarets, who made a net profit of 40m euros in the year they were relegated from the Premier League, were one of four English teams joined in the top five by Real Madrid.

"This is a club that has to be run properly," said manager Sean Dyche.

Burnley's operating profit of 54m euros was the 10th best on the continent.

The figures were revealed in Uefa's Club Licensing Benchmarking Report for 2015.

Full story:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38605455

wPllmatKFDPXAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

H3bnn+x7ZSoAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

13 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Alfie, this is why it is meaningless to only use the net spend of players in a business sense. Yes, making money on a player(s) goes towards the overall P&L but it is also how the rest of the business is run. So even with all that money you made, you still aren't even in the top 10 which means money is leaking from your club or being wasted somewhere.

Premier League side Burnley fifth in European profit league for 2015

Burnley recorded the fifth highest net profit by a European club in the financial year of 2015, ahead of the likes of Bayern Munich, Porto and Ajax.

The Clarets, who made a net profit of 40m euros in the year they were relegated from the Premier League, were one of four English teams joined in the top five by Real Madrid.

"This is a club that has to be run properly," said manager Sean Dyche.

Burnley's operating profit of 54m euros was the 10th best on the continent.

The figures were revealed in Uefa's Club Licensing Benchmarking Report for 2015.

Full story:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38605455

What are you on about now ? crikey if i'd known you were going to lose sleep over it i wouldn't have posted the net figs :biggrin:

but it is also how the rest of the business is run

Where have i said that the rest of the business is not important ?

So even with all that money you made, you still aren't even in the top 10 which means money is leaking from your club or being wasted somewhere.

Very true ! so thank christ we didn't have a bigger net spend as we would have been even further down the list.

To be fair i don't  know why your so touchy about the subject, your mob have been the biggest net spenders over the last few years, get over it , i mean it's not like they can't afford it is it ?  anyway you think, once all these players start coming through the academy you won't have to spend all these millions and you might even make the top 10 of net profit :whistling:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, alfieconn said:

What are you on about now ? crikey if i'd known you were going to lose sleep over it i wouldn't have posted the net figs :biggrin:

Very true ! so thank christ we didn't have a bigger net spend as we would have been even further down the list.

To be fair i don't  know why your so touchy about the subject, your mob have been the biggest net spenders over the last few years, get over it , i mean it's not like they can't afford it is it ?  anyway you think, once all these players start coming through the academy you won't have to spend all these millions and you might even make the top 10 of net profit :whistling:

Is it not true that Citeh won't be able to play any of their youngsters till they finish university such is the excellent schooling they are giving their ex council house youth teams?

8 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Don't worry Alfie, I didn't lose any sleep.  That report only came out yesterday and was on the news, so I posted it as I thought it was relevant to the discussion we had a couple of weeks ago.

25 mins and 2 -0 to the mighty tottenham , hesitate to say so , but v nearly game over tbh i dont like the way pullis has  his teams play football and  would be v happy to give his bulk average bunch a spanking oh deli has a third ruled out,,, hapi ish days

1 minute ago, 3 minus 2 said:

25 mins and 2 -0 to the mighty tottenham , hesitate to say so , but v nearly game over tbh i dont like the way pullis has  his teams play football and  would be v happy to give his bulk average bunch a spanking oh deli has a third ruled out,,, hapi ish days

Spurs carving up WBA. Pretty.

58 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I can't work out if it's WBA that are playing terrible or Spurs sensational 

i'de go sensational cos i had exactly the same train of thought in the prev 3 games where

we made southampton look second rate , watford give up, and  the chavs look average

and ari wets his babies head with a hat trick !!!!

Edited by 3 minus 2

2 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

i'de go sensasional however we were better against the chavs southampton and watford

we made southampton look second rate , watford give up, and made the chavs look average

and ari wets his babies head with a hat trick !!!!

I just read that and wondered what you were talking about and the realised my telecast is about 90 seconds behind you.

id agree Spurs looking great but there has been some shi.te defending here. 

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I just read that and wondered what you were talking about and the realised my telecast is about 90 seconds behind you.

id agree Spurs looking great but there has been some shi.te defending here. 

yeah 4 sure some poor defending  but almost every goal in the prem can be diagnosed as poor defending but i rec kon  its more about the gap in quality between the top 6 and the mid table boys

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Well that's a massive blow, I bet Spurs fans would have given 3 points to not lose Vertonghen today  

if we play a three against city we didn when we walloped them earlier in the season maybe he wont be missed  as much as people reckon  like  the chavs with  full bac ie Azpilicueta, a three may well suit davies 

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

To be fair i don't know its always only the spurs fans on the TV forum who constantly rattle on about City's finances. Why's that?

I think the phrase you mean is 

'City's Handouts".

:smile: