Tottenham Thread

chonabot

6 hours ago, balo said:

I haven't seen a good Spurs performance for a few weeks now , or is it months ? 

Come on get a grip.  Only a few weeks since we outplayed the champions elect.  Were having a dip in form is all.  Don't be one of these fans with with OTT expectations.  The managers working with a weak squad relative to the other top six and were still third and as of now still in the europa and the FA cup.

If you supported one of the other big spending clubs you'd have every right to moan but were are over achieving whether some Spurs fans like to admit it of not.  I we point out poor performances as what they are but see the bigger picture and its very rosy.  For the immediate, get the injured players back and we'll get ourselves right back on track.

• Like 1

I think this is going to be a very tough game today.  Poch desperately needs to rest some players but i don't see how he can for this one.  By rest i'm talking about the whole team because Form needs more starts, match time.

Janssen really needs to step up too because otherwise a loan deal awaits.  

On 2/17/2017 at 1:51 PM, 3 minus 2 said:

yeah, losing one defensive 'natural' lhs player is a miss,, but 2!!!   its  tuf, think its more or less  the same more or less in the whole of the top, arguably look what happened to the arse after losing their No 1 c/b against bayern.  

in wimmer and davies we should have instant replacements, however to get into the groove it takes plenty of match time and they just dont get that its up and running or your out, as wimmer, unfortunatly justifiably, found so  in the best laid plans !!!! just goes to show how fragile and easy to disrupt even the most steady defences , which arguably we were.

with sissoko, situation  reminds me a bit of chadly, another that had it in his locker to drop his shoulder and power past someone, u know he can do it why the f he doesnt,,, is to say the least irratating.

was listening to it on an irish channel and they kept on saying '1=0  easyish 2 overcome, it'll be allright bac at the lane!!!. yeah right,, the thing is with wembley ,no way its gonna be easy  its part of EVERY players dream to play there, no matter who they are they are gonna up their game be on their double a plus game,,, as we've found out.

i really think its well over due we turned all this money and progress into a trophy, lets hope we can stay in this cup from now on its  interesting and v competative.

Funny here mate because you mention Chadli in the same sentence as Sissoko.  My point being, we sell Chadli for 11.5m and replace him with Sissoko for 30m!!!

Its nuts, the worst piece of business done by us in years, the later doesn't even look like a professional footballer at times.

Panic buying at its very worst.  I'll never understand what was going through the manager and chairmans heads to go through with this nonsense.

yeah the trouble with us selling is unlike some of the other bods in amogst the top ish of the table, we aint got swarths of players able to step up, we sell one and its buy one, especially wide. and sissoko had a bloody good cup for france , it could be strongly argued that he looked their best player, so he hit the transfer market at 100 % the right time 2 clubs fighting over him and BINGO, for him anyway... we should have taken note of what the newcastle fans said , 'plays when he feels like it',

the bloody annoying thing is he's got it if he cares to use it. on the positive , since his little spell out

he's improved a little and does his share defensively but going forward  not nearly enough, he often makes 40 yard runs from deep but noor  little end product he  has it in his locker to absolutly terrorise defenses, he should be doing it week in week out 

sounds like it's getting to him https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/18/vincent-janssen-must-prove-worth-on-spurs-training-ground-says-pochettino

tbh when i've watched him, he tries really really hard, to hard if anything and  ive noticed that the body language between him ali and kane, aint that great,  looks to me as though it aint quite working  with them and for him to EXCEL it really  needs to. 

We are not too bad then.

Would be nice with a FA Cup trophy again but Fulham  at home will be a tough one.

It's live on BBC One tonight ,  lets hope for a good win . 

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Pretty much turned out to be a walk in the park. Wish we'd had a similar walk yesterday.

Yes it was but for all that domination they could have leveled before half time which would have been ridiculous.  Could/should have scored five in the first half.

Anyway, no injuries and another fixture on thursday!!  

13 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Millwall at home. Might be a bit of trouble there eh

from my experence's at millwill, no might's about it,  I, a scattering of spurs supporting   mothers and kids were charged by a bunch of millwall idiots leaving rhino stephens testimonial !!!! , <deleted> idiots.  still an awful club, supported by awful red neck fans. will look forward to us giving them a right royal spanking. 

16 hours ago, carmine said:

Yes it was but for all that domination they could have leveled before half time which would have been ridiculous.  Could/should have scored five in the first half.

Anyway, no injuries and another fixture on thursday!!  

our finishing was poor, we should have buried them by hf time but tbh by the time the third went in for me the game held little or no interest. not quite a stroll in the park but not far short and  a relatively easy win.

4 hours ago, carmine said:

We've sold out Wembley yet again.  Impressive stuff.  Lets hope our footballing display lives up to the support.

Yeah, la, but when will you actually win something??

Tottingham Nextyears

Sort of like the losers across the park :-)

Not a bad effort last night but it just wasn't to be.  That sucker punch first half equalizer was the game changer.  Prior to that we were all over them but as has been the case in recent matches, our finishing has been dreadful.  Had our finishing been a little better we might well have won the game and gone through.

I'm also starting to feel sorry for Vincent Janssen.  Again the guy is brought on for five minutes when the game is effectively over.  Whats he supposed to do?  How will this help his confidence?

As for dele, that was a correct call by the ref, straight red.  He needs to control himself because that was a potential leg breaker.

My commiserations to the spuds fans for once again seeing hope and expectation turned into reality,I can just about remember the great side under Bill Nic,sadly now those days are long gone............Ranieri is available,he,s had experience of winning the Prem unlike your current manager (busted flush?......nah that would be too childish)

Remember its just a game and not everyone can be winners,the lillywhites my rise again in the not too distant future or maybe hell will freeze over first :whistling:

40 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Think you're playing down Alli's awful out-of-control lunge. It was awful and he should be very ashamed.

How he didn't break the other guys leg is a miracle! That Gent player is a very lucky man.

If you think i'm playing it down by saying it was a potential leg breaker and a straight red then you are an even bigger clown than i already thought you were.

• Like 1

thought overall our performance was good, we certainly raised our game , thought dembele and wanyama were awesome, however as carms mentioned, our finishing!!!, <deleted>'s happened to our finishing , not hitting a barn door is a touch extreme, but not far away. Another point, think its time we addressed the rhs , the rhs gets an incredible amount of 'ball' and is majorly important.  how many time s did walker  get into great positions but failed to deliver,, great athlete but its getting to the stage of embaressing. anyway. onwards and upwards 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

thought overall our performance was good, we certainly raised our game , thought dembele and wanyama were awesome, however as carms mentioned, our finishing!!!, <deleted>'s happened to our finishing , not hitting a barn door is a touch extreme, but not far away. Another point, think its time we addressed the rhs , the rhs gets an incredible amount of 'ball' and is majorly important.  how many time s did walker  get into great positions but failed to deliver,, great athlete but its getting to the stage of embaressing. anyway. onwards and upwards 

ll correct, we created easily enough chances to win and go through.  It was entirely our own fault.

Their first goal was a sucker punch and just about the only time they threatened.  The second was a classic case of conceding to a break away when pushing forward( and with ten men)  Add to this the consummate stupidity of Dele.

i think Poch was right to praise the team because we were good.  Its just that our finishing was dreadful, as it was against Fulham but at times itches back to bite you as it did this time.

I'm not all that bothered that we're out of the Europa, just as we did this time last season.

Our squad isn't deep enough to challenge in 3 competitions, now we are left with the FA Cup

and PL we might be better off with having a fighting chance of finishing in the top 4.

With Liverpool only playing for the PL, Chelsea PL & FA Cup and

Arsenal PL & FA Cup (CL looks unlikely) it's gonna be a tough ask anyway.

City and Utd are involved with more competitions but they both have more squad depth. 

• Like 1