Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Ok i'll put something to you. Imagine the scene:

Joe Lewis and Daniel levy in the Bahamas for the AGM.

Levy " see Joe I told you I was right pochs the man for us were getting closer"

Lewis " yeah but not close enough danny my boy and really is he that good?"

Daniel " Joe he's the bees knees what more can I say"

Lewis " ok danny ok listen; if he's that good we better cash in while the birds are laying in wait"

Daniel " ok Joe ok bottom line it is ill get those 5 year contracts signed and start listening to offers"

Lewis " good boy and if he's that good he can do without Alli if Madrid come up with 75m and lets cash in on dier for 40m and lets see how good this argie really is"

So you THFC fans go into the new season at Wembley minus 2 of your core group.

How you feel about that?

Serious question.

Money would have to be more for either of those players.

Its really all about how you replace them in the first place and in any case a year later both will likely be worth even more so pointless to sell.

We are very fortunate in that regard.

Carry on speculating.

I think Walker to City for £35m is nailed on.

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Money would have to be more for either of those players.

Its really all about how you replace them in the first place and in any case a year later both will likely be worth even more so pointless to sell.

We are very fortunate in that regard.

Carry on speculating.

I think Walker to City for £35m is nailed on.

40m dier to utd I think will happen the lad wants to be a midfielder and he's been used in defence so I reckon that will happen and the fee is there or there abouts.

The other deal I am currently working at present and realistically 40m + isco might do the trick so i'll keep you updated.

He aint worth 75m cash yet I don't think. He's very very good but his petulance could get him into bother if he can't contain it.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

40m dier to utd I think will happen the lad wants to be a midfielder and he's been used in defence so I reckon that will happen and the fee is there or there abouts.

The other deal I am currently working at present and realistically 40m + isco might do the trick so i'll keep you updated.

He aint worth 75m cash yet I don't think. He's very very good but his petulance could get him into bother if he can't contain it.

Well we will simply have to agree to disagree for now!

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well we will simply have to agree to disagree for now!

Candles burning brightly here Ronaldo 

My point is if it should happen if your team gets sold or some stars how you going to feel?

From your posts I'd say your gonna be well unhappy. That's a compliment btw.

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Candles burning brightly here Ronaldo 

My point is if it should happen if your team gets sold or some stars how you going to feel?

From your posts I'd say your gonna be well unhappy. That's a compliment btw.

When you have a team as good as Spurs right now you want to be adding maybe one or two players max, not selling your best players when you are clearly so close to a Championship winning team.

Could it happen?

Anything can in football, its a mad mad game lol.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

When you have a team as good as Spurs right now you want to be adding maybe one or two players max, not selling your best players when you are clearly so close to a Championship winning team.

Could it happen?

Anything can in football, its a mad mad game lol.

It happens mate think Mr Suarez or sterling even I'm still smarting about IBE even we got picked at the wrong time. If I was an agent and wanting a pay off I'd be looking at interviews like pochs for telegraph regards dier and playing on that. Next thing you know diers talking to allI,  alli's thinking; United for you eh ok gotta outdo the jones's I'm San Miguelling it all the way to Madrid beat that next thing you know harry kane finds out his grandad was born in Berlin and munich break the world record and bring him in for 130m.

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

For me the warm weather imports seem a bigger gamble than say Germans or players who have acclimatised in colder climates. Too many of them under perform during the colder months.

Really? Suarez, Ronaldo, Zola, Aguerro.... I could go on. Germans playing in the Prem are no great shakes. Look at Liverpool's defence.

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Think we'll be seeing Trippier and Dembele in the second half.

Decent first half from both sides.

Derby football. 1-0 Spurs I reckon.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, champers said:

Really? Suarez, Ronaldo, Zola, Aguerro.... I could go on. Germans playing in the Prem are no great shakes. Look at Liverpool's defence.

Suso, barragan, aspas, manquillo, Enrique,ayala, riera,  etc etc and that's just off my head at liverpool and we fared well with the armada.

Germans are few and far between but:

Klinsmann, mertesacker,  hitzlsperger, haaman,  babel, ziege, schweinsteiger, Ballack, volz, Holtby schurrle.lehmann boater gnabry.

Just seems like a lot of crap comes with a few diamonds from the Latin leagues and man for man the Germans and surrounding countries are better value.

I think we were a little lethargic last night as the commentator put it.  Coupled with that when we play the derby at Pikey Stadium its always their cup final and celebrated as such if they win.  Just wasn't our night, nothing Spurs about that.  We've been getting used to swotting teams aside and tonight it wasn't to be.

Still, ten on the bounce is an impressive run, keeping the pressure on a side nailed on to win the title for months.

See this crap talk about all our players being off still carries on..........Christ its boring but what can you expect from a clueless media?

16 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

So near and yet so far,you get nowt for second place :whistling:

The only happy person today is your chairman as he has not had to pay out on winning bonuses..........again :clap2:

31 minutes ago, petermik said:

The only happy person today is your chairman as he has not had to pay out on winning bonuses..........again :clap2:

Yep we just fell short but no one expected anything other than Chelsea winning the title.  However we have managed to maintain an element of interest for the neutral otherwise the title would have been completely wrapped up months ago.

But, he's the thing, at least we gave it a really good go rather than Man United, with the 150m spent and your pathetic challenge for the title that never even got started.  It was an embarrassment.  And at least we've provided football fans with some entertainment rather than the turgid crap handed out by United week in week out, and then,  to add insult to injury we are subjected to that pig eyed little shit of a manager whinging and sniping his way through the post match interview like ten year thats had hid toys half inched.  

But then again, what should we expect from a manager that seems to conjure up his game plan based around the elbow of that genetic throw back Fellaini

• Like 2

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Yep we just fell short but no one expected anything other than Chelsea winning the title.  However we have managed to maintain an element of interest for the neutral otherwise the title would have been completely wrapped up months ago.

But, he's the thing, at least we gave it a really good go rather than Man United, with the 150m spent and your pathetic challenge for the title that never even got started.  It was an embarrassment.  And at least we've provided football fans with some entertainment rather than the turgid crap handed out by United week in week out, and then,  to add insult to injury we are subjected to that pig eyed little shit of a manager whinging and sniping his way through the post match interview like ten year thats had hid toys half inched.  

But then again, what should we expect from a manager that seems to conjure up his game plan based around the elbow of that genetic throw back Fellaini

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Nowt....fark all :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Enjoy the Europa League next season Peter.

5 minutes ago, petermik said:

C_F1bvTXcAAUN0B.jpg.5c56c89a9107b4538eeda482cf4a8e65.jpg

You're getting quite carried away Peter.

Look through this thread and you wil see we all hoped for CL qualification at best.

The only guy at Spurs who aimed for the title is Pochettino and yes he will be fuming this morning.

Glad I'm not at training next week lol, be nice to watch the backlash from the players though.

Could be carnage for your carthorses! :clap2:

1 hour ago, petermik said:

The latest "bottled it" for the spuds fans to savour for another year  :thumbsup:

Now this is the classic Pete.  Anyone who knows anything knows were well past that label.  Of course it was well learnt and fair but its been firmly put to bed by Señor Pochettino.  More proof sunshine you are living in the past and basking on the achievements of whiskey nose.  Carry on buddy.

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"no one expected anything other than Chelsea winning the title"
In fairness to Chelsea nobody except maybe their fans expected them to challenge after last season's poor showing; the money was on City, ManU and Spurs.

No numbnuts, i'm talking about since christmas/new year!!    United, City and Arsenal regressed, Liverpool struggled with injuries and defensive woes.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

No numbnuts, i'm talking about since christmas/new year!!    United, City and Arsenal regressed, Liverpool struggled with injuries and defensive woes.

I think most if not all teams have suffered injuries

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Now this is the classic Pete.  Anyone who knows anything knows were well past that label.  Of course it was well learnt and fair but its been firmly put to bed by Señor Pochettino.  More proof sunshine you are living in the past and basking on the achievements of whiskey nose.  Carry on buddy.

Spurs did bottle it and there's no historical about it your in the mix proper for the first time this last 2 and both times you bottled it against neighbouring clubs too. Absolutely bottled it. They were all finals and you lost two including the fa cup match so no matter how you look at. It was bottled. 

34 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Fair play to Carmine and Ronnie for turning up today....no surprise 'he who answers questions with questions' didn't show then.

Well its not that bad is it?

We just need to beat Man Yoo at the Lane to take second spot for sure and if the chavs suffer a very surprising defeat on Monday we will continue chasing them.

Really they had the league won by the beginning of January such was the patchy form of all the other teams.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well its not that bad is it?

We just need to beat Man Yoo at the Lane to take second spot for sure and if the chavs suffer a very surprising defeat on Monday we will continue chasing them.

Really they had the league won by the beginning of January such was the patchy form of all the other teams.

All this talk about Spurs bottling it is silly. Only team to give Chelsea a scare. Another great season.

• Like 2