Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Off the topic and please god shoot me down given the history ect ect  i honestly wouldnt thought ide ever say this,, <deleted>  the trophies, but this season ide far sooner watch man city than man utd. ..UTD are absolute  tosh for the nuetral to watch. Now back to all things spurs please

Jeez, old carmine gets upset doesn't he; what'd he be like if spurs ever got relegated, probably top himself. Keep it in perspective, it's just a game, and on here, it's just a bit of fun my old son. Now apparently I've got to take a whippet for a walk.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Jeez, old carmine gets upset doesn't he; what'd he be like if spurs ever got relegated, probably top himself. Keep it in perspective, it's just a game, and on here, it's just a bit of fun my old son. Now apparently I've got to take a whippet for a walk.

Carmine just had his dreams shattered by an old foe BB he needs a month and a lot of hankies. Chin up Carmine

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Off the topic and please god shoot me down given the history ect ect  i honestly wouldnt thought ide ever say this,, <deleted>  the trophies, but this season ide far sooner watch man city than man utd. ..UTD are absolute  tosh for the nuetral to watch. Now back to all things spurs please

I'm not talking about neutrals I'm saying as a fan I'd prefer my team won ugly than won nothing.

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm not talking about neutrals I'm saying as a fan I'd prefer my team won ugly than won nothing.

Nah as a FOOTBALL fan i'de go the other way. Above everything else I like the game. trophies cum a distant second.

38 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Nah as a FOOTBALL fan i'de go the other way. Above everything else I like the game. trophies cum a distant second.

I'm sure the Dutch agree with that sentiment. 

40 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Clearly a Hartlepool fan then.

Nah exeter city.. but if u want to look at a club, thats run THE 'right way' exeters your boy, its a fine advert for all thats good about football.

10 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Nah exeter city.. but if u want to look at a club, thats run THE 'right way' exeters your boy, its a fine advert for all thats good about football.

Please elaborate cos Exeter have never been to my knowledge anything but a country bumpkin team much the same as Torquay United in that they are no where never have been never likely to be. Sure you might pull a stat from 50+ years ago but "run the right way" please tell me how that can be correct unless you mean since 2007 when two directors were convicted of fraud? 

13 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Please elaborate cos Exeter have never been to my knowledge anything but a country bumpkin team much the same as Torquay United in that they are no where never have been never likely to be. Sure you might pull a stat from 50+ years ago but "run the right way" please tell me how that can be correct unless you mean since 2007 when two directors were convicted of fraud? 

fans owned club longest serving manager in fl even when in the times were tuf ie out of the league , kept the acadamy going, 18 mnths ago sold a player for 1.7 mil

this season our young star won english football league young player of the year , 2 seasons ago deli ali won it!!!!, the talk is he'll go for somewhere over 2.5 in the summer, we dont spend what we aint got, so an injury plagued start to the season saw us hit the bottom of the div, we've turned it around and are now in the play offs, but the result of the injury probs another young player ampadu made his debut and the big boys are ABSO creaming them selves about him, ex pro's are like WOW its a privelage to have played with him and he 's 16!!! and i'm told there's plenty of more coming through.. fans are PROUD of what the club have done  post those 2 directors jailed.  go do some research oh and for the level were at, we play bloody good football,, the right way no time wasting, no argueing with the ref ect ect

1 minute ago, 3 minus 2 said:

fans owned club longest serving manager in fl even when in the times were tuf ie out of the league , kept the acadamy going, 18 mnths ago sold a player for 1.7 mil

this season our young star won english football league young player of the year , 2 seasons ago deli ali won it!!!!, the talk is he'll go for somewhere over 2.5 in the summer, we dont spend what we aint got, so an injury plagued start to the season saw us hit the bottom of the div, we've turned it around and are now in the play offs, but the result of the injury probs another young player ampadu made his debut and the big boys are ABSO creaming them selves about him, ex pro's are like WOW its a privelage to have played with him and he 's 16!!! and i'm told there's plenty of more coming through.. fans are PROUD of what the club have done  post those 2 directors jailed.  go do some research oh and for the level were at, we play bloody good football,, the right way no time wasting, no argueing with the ref ect ect

Point is 3-2 you apply a loose term to a club who very recently had directors jailed for fraud so to avoid such skepticism like mine it's better to be more specific. Some decent returns on your youth for such a small catchment area so in that sense; yes decent ground being made but given the club's been around 100+ years it's hardly a blueprint. 

3 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

This is the difference between us and THEM mate.

Chin up and enjoy your borefests, I watched every home game of the Gross era.

Never again please.

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

This is the difference between us and THEM mate.

Chin up and enjoy your borefests, I watched every home game of the Gross era.

Never again please.

I think both you two are missing the point. 

Boring football as you may call it and winning titles cups or you prefer fancy football and coming 2nd. Think 74 and 78 world cups neeskens and the obvious. You think they are happy or not? What would they have preferred?

Edited by Rc2702

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I think both you two are missing the point. 

Boring football as you may call it and winning titles cups or you prefer fancy football and coming 2nd. Think 74 and 78 world cups neeskens and the obvious. You think they are happy or not? What would they have preferred?

WE prefer attacking football.

The only time I enjoy a defensive display is when a team know they are crap and need a point or two to stay up towards the end of the season.

The scrambling can be very entertaining and totally understandable.

When I see it employed by top six clubs I just roll my eyes.

Pathetic.

13 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The only time I enjoy a defensive display is when a team know they are crap and need a point or two to stay up towards the end of the season.

Pathetic.

I believe it's called playing to your strengths.  Diego simeone may know a thing or two about this. His biggest test yet to come 

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I believe it's called playing to your strengths.  Diego simeone may know a thing or two about this. His biggest test yet to come 

All about how you choose to build a team. I'm glad he is not the Spurs manager.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Point is 3-2 you apply a loose term to a club who very recently had directors jailed for fraud so to avoid such skepticism like mine it's better to be more specific. Some decent returns on your youth for such a small catchment area so in that sense; yes decent ground being made but given the club's been around 100+ years it's hardly a blueprint. 

loose terms? want specifics go look it up!!!  12 ish years ago the club almost died   and the fans trust raised it from the ash's  went into recievership went out of the lge BUT had a stroke of luck, drew man utd in the 3rd rnd at old trafford it  got rid of the remaining debt   but in the mean time  the trust have made  the club  self  sustainable ie dont spend what you havnt got,  so what nearly put the club into  closure could never happen again  3000 plus members pay from 2£ upwards  each a month to help. And looking at it for a div 2 club not so long ago out of the conference its long term yoof investment is paying off, in 2 england u 20's call up's, a current prem capt, a current efl young player of the year and that covers all  from the championship down,, and more to come , IS  TRULY AMAZING  and to top it all their POLICY is to play good football the right way. oh scouce boys your man alex inglethorpe believed in what the club was doing and was a cog in the wheel that helped kic it of..

1 minute ago, 3 minus 2 said:

loose terms? want specifics go look it up!!!  12 ish years ago the club almost died   and the fans trust raised it from the ash's  went into recievership went out of the lge BUT had a stroke of luck, drew man utd in the 3rd rnd at old trafford it  got rid of the remaining debt   but in the mean time  the trust have made  the club  self  sustainable ie dont spend what you havnt got,  so what nearly put the club into  closure could never happen again  3000 plus members pay from 2£ upwards  each a month to help. And looking at it for a div 2 club not so long ago out of the conference its long term yoof investment is paying off, in 2 england u 20's call up's, a current prem capt, a current efl young player of the year and that covers all  from the championship down,, and more to come , IS  TRULY AMAZING  and to top it all their POLICY is to play good football the right way. oh scouce boys your man alex inglethorpe believed in what the club was doing and was a cog in the wheel that helped kic it of..

Sorry 32 but the story sounds very similar to that of a current PL club of whom one liverpool player played in 4 different divisions if I recall correctly and have been run efficently since a very similar takeover by the fans. All that said fair play it's good to hear stuff like that but by no means out there on its own just perhaps more of a fairytale for you as an exeter fan

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Pathetic.

yep, it boils down to football as an entertainment, and sure i'm entertained by us winning trophies but in real terms that entertainment ends there, and then is perpetuated by fuc wit knob head red neck idiots calling them self football fans,, well IMO they aint,,  where as good football keeps me entertained game in game out for ???? long, well all season plus.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Sorry 32 but the story sounds very similar to that of a current PL club of whom one liverpool player played in 4 different divisions if I recall correctly and have been run efficently since a very similar takeover by the fans. All that said fair play it's good to hear stuff like that but by no means out there on its own just perhaps more of a fairytale for you as an exeter fan

and yeah it is out there on its own and  we all know exeter are a second division club but thats not a issue, but its annoying when what theyve done is patronisingly dismissed because of it, and swansea is totally diferent,  back in the day swansea were handed 25 million to build their stadium  from public funds and last time i heard were under investigation for it oh , and its strongly rumored well actually more than a rumor we know our manager turned them down,,,, twice !!!

8 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

and yeah it is out there on its own and  we all know exeter are a second division club but thats not a issue, but its annoying when what theyve done is patronisingly dismissed because of it, and swansea is totally diferent,  back in the day swansea were handed 25 million to build their stadium  from public funds and last time i heard were under investigation for it oh , and its strongly rumored well actually more than a rumor we know our manager turned them down,,,, twice !!!

Not sure whose dismising what but it clearly is a familiar story to that of Swansea who to be fair have climbed and climbed so all I'm saying is it is similar but ECFC story not as special given Swansea won their 1st ever trophy and have been in the PL a good while now under numerous managers which shows they are run pretty effectively and certainly a blue print for lower league teams. If we looked back at ground funding I'd doubt theres not a team in the land who has not been provided funds to some extent given football is a national past time and provides community roots and as you are all too well aware there is bad pennies in football pretty much under every stone more or less.

You have heart though and that's no bad thing.

Edited by Rc2702

Iv'e always thought Mr Neville talked sense :

Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville has lavished praise on the current Tottenham Hotspur side and says it's better than their FA Cup and UEFA Cup-winning teams of the 1980s.

The Sky Sports pundit does not believe that people should forget what Tottenham have achieved this season after their defeat at West Ham United on Friday night, which made their chances of catching Chelsea in the Premier League title race all the more difficult.

"I think for me Tottenham and Liverpool are at the very maximum of where they should be. I wouldn't say overachieving but they're doing everything they can do with their budgets against teams with far greater might in the transfer market," said Neville on Sky's Monday Night Football.

"Friday was a big disappointment for Spurs. You'll always drop points at some point in a run-in. That's the type of game where it can happen. It's not a reflection on Tottenham.

He added: "I think Tottenham, I don't go along with this theory that they have to win a trophy to make it a success for this team. I think back to Tottenham teams that won trophies in the 1980s, FA Cups. This is the best Tottenham team I've seen in my lifetime, the most exciting.

"You think of the shambles Pochettino picked up a couple of years ago, the toxic dressing room. For me he's done a brilliant job and we should celebrate what Tottenham have done this season."

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 2

On 05/08/2017 at 7:11 PM, Rc2702 said:

Yeah and imo overall his sytle is not  particulary good entertainment..in bursts dramatic yes and at times effective, but overall not visualy entertaining and a poor interpretation of the 'beautiful game'  .   but thats a matter of personal taste and again some just prefer the bragging rights and  others the asthetics.

On 5/5/2017 at 5:51 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Do Spurs have much of thai following? Can't say I see any in my area but are there any in other areas of thailand? I see lots of (in order of sightings) Liverpoo, ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea, the occasional thai City fan but no thais in any other Premier shirts.

Just some bit's for BB, looking forward to seeing some pic's of City supporters in Thailand !

https://www.facebook.com/SpursNonthaburiSupporters/

spurs.docx

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

After match Ceremony on Sunday will be shown on the Spurs Facebook page :

The Facebook live stream will enable the historic event to be broadcast to the widest possible audience - the Club has an estimated global fanbase of 450 million, with over 8 million follower
.s on Facebook.

Recent statistics show the Club has one of the most engaged Facebook communities in European football.

The live stream will bring Spurs fans around the world as close to the Farewell Ceremony as possible without being at White Hart Lane, with the Club also making a downloadable party toolkit available online for fans to get in the celebratory spirit on this momentous occasion

Edited by alfieconn

Pochettino interviewed the other day said that kyle Walker-Peters will be playing first team football next season.  Only 19yo and i wasn't sure if he was ready but obviously the boss does so i'd say Walker will definately be going and its an ideal time to sell him for silly money.  

Carter-Vickers also starting games next season after a long injury lay off and this is good news as Vertonghen is 29yo now and ancient by Poch standards!  Nice to see the homegrown youngsters stepping up.  Expect Poch to be fielding some very young sides next season.

Pau Lopez's loan looks like becoming permanent

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Pochettino interviewed the other day said that kyle Walker-Peters will be playing first team football next season.  Only 19yo and i wasn't sure if he was ready but obviously the boss does so i'd say Walker will definately be going and its an ideal time to sell him for silly money.  

Carter-Vickers also starting games next season after a long injury lay off and this is good news as Vertonghen is 29yo now and ancient by Poch standards!  Nice to see the homegrown youngsters stepping up.  Expect Poch to be fielding some very young sides next season.

Pau Lopez's loan looks like becoming permanent

I don't think Walker-Peters will step in as a replacement for Kyle Walker being that he hasn't 

played in the first team as yet, he's probably at the stage of being introduced in to the team 

on a peripheral level, such as cup games etc..

If Kyle Walker is sold, then i think we will buy another RB such as this article states, to compete

with Trippier.

http://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/rumour-mill-walker-replacement-lined/

In the other problem position of cover for Kane, i still don't think Janssen can be relied upon,

if he is going to stay another season, then what about bringing in Defoe on a free to cover as 

well?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39897361

With his free release clause, he would still contribute his fair share of goals in this Tottenham

side, as he's again proven to be one of the best finishers in the EPL this season 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, sotsira said:

I don't think Walker-Peters will step in as a replacement for Kyle Walker being that he hasn't 

played in the first team as yet, he's probably at the stage of being introduced in to the team 

on a peripheral level, such as cup games etc..

If Kyle Walker is sold, then i think we will buy another RB such as this article states, to compete

with Trippier.

http://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/rumour-mill-walker-replacement-lined/

In the other problem position of cover for Kane, i still don't think Janssen can be relied upon,

if he is going to stay another season, then what about bringing in Defoe on a free to cover as 

well?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39897361

With his free release clause, he would still contribute his fair share of goals in this Tottenham

side, as he's again proven to be one of the best finishers in the EPL this season 

To be fair, we got rid of Defoe because he wasn't scoring too many in his last few season's,  besides Poch doesn't take backward steps and he certainly doesn't sign players at 34 years of age !