Tottenham Thread

chonabot

26 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Sorry to say but those ties might do you a favour as you will not get past group and that could be a blessing in disguise.

Tough group for sure but then that's what the CL is all about.

I relish it.

• Like 1

I believe we have been handed a beauty compared to all others but I still think 3-4 teams from prem will progress far.

Liverpool

City

United

Above should be certs.

Chelsea - tough group uncertain.

Spurs - even tougher very unlikely as much chance as arsenal lol 

Celtic - no chance

Edited by Rc2702

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Tough group for sure but then that's what the CL is all about.

I relish it.

Thats exactly it isn't it.  This is the reason, aside of the money, that you want to qualify for the CL and Real Madrid is the biggest draw of all.  Its great.

• Like 1

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Madrid will be looking at that draw and thinking its the toughest they could have got as well. 

Swings and roundabouts.

Bit concerned actually, no one is even questioning it. Swap spurs for liverpool and I'd fancy getting out that group and I'd be being clear about it. Optimistic fan Base or what these risky spurs fans too afraid to put there balls on the line and too easy to blame it on there love of the beautiful game. With attitudes like that you deserve exactly what you have accumulated in the last 25. Next to f uck all. Absolute bottlers before a ball is even kicked.

27 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Bit concerned actually, no one is even questioning it. Swap spurs for liverpool and I'd fancy getting out that group and I'd be being clear about it. Optimistic fan Base or what these risky spurs fans too afraid to put there balls on the line and too easy to blame it on there love of the beautiful game. With attitudes like that you deserve exactly what you have accumulated in the last 25. Next to f uck all. Absolute bottlers before a ball is even kicked.

Bore off Jasper Carrot.

11 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Clearly it's touched a nerve on you carmine good luck in the Europa and by the way the point of these competitions is to lift the trophy not come 2nd.

Spuds don,t like winning......it,s alien to them :thumbsup:

Just now, petermik said:

Spuds don,t like winning......it,s alien to them :thumbsup:

I honestly do not understand the mentality and it's been like this for a while. Twice runners up an absolutely resolute defence a great midfield and WC striker and decent back up and not one of plods comes out and sticks there balls on the line for their club. The non believing fan Base who sit on the fence and scream admiration for the way they play as opposed to backing their team to the hilt. Transfers nah don't need em oh sugar we signed one yes we do. Paritry wirh pay nah trust levy we do not need to. Wembley nah we are fine champions league yeah the's are the games we want to see but not a hint of any of em backing their team against the cream and getting thru. You all had a chance to stake your view and most die hards chose to argue or try to be comedians. Shameful supporters. 

The 12th man needs to stand up for all to begin believing.

Edited by Rc2702
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Maybe the banter is starting to go a tad too far. Calm it down please gents

It,s just the one guy BJ who resorts to abusing others when faced with undisputed facts,we actually should feel sorry and make allowances for him due to his deprived childhood.............I certainly do :cheesy:

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I honestly do not understand the mentality and it's been like this for a while. Twice runners up an absolutely resolute defence a great midfield and WC striker and decent back up and not one of plods comes out and sticks there balls on the line for their club. The non believing fan Base who sit on the fence and scream admiration for the way they play as opposed to backing their team to the hilt. Transfers nah don't need em oh sugar we signed one yes we do. Paritry wirh pay nah trust levy we do not need to. Wembley nah we are fine champions league yeah the's are the games we want to see but not a hint of any of em backing their team against the cream and getting thru. You all had a chance to stake your view and most die hards chose to argue or try to be comedians. Shameful supporters. 

The 12th man needs to stand up for all to begin believing.

Hence my earlier comment "cloud cuckoo land" :thumbsup:

Season after season their top players leave and they just don,t get it...........they want to win some silverware and get a decent pay packet for their talents :whistling:

Perhaps what we'd like here is a bit more common sense.

Endless tripe doesn't make for a decent forum.

Yes the Manc sides have started well....Chelsea will be up and down like a yoyo and the scousers leak goals like a two year old mainlining coke and ahahaha le arsenal.

Try to keep it real....we have a very vety good side this year.

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Perhaps what we'd like here is a bit more common sense.

Endless tripe doesn't make for a decent forum.

Yes the Manc sides have started well....Chelsea will be up and down like a yoyo and the scousers leak goals like a two year old mainlining coke and ahahaha le arsenal.

Try to keep it real....we have a very vety good side this year.

Blathering trolls out in full regalia today !

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Now that confirms you really do live in a dreamworld, have you seen your defence lately ? to be fair you come on on here talking such rubbish, telling us what we are going to do or should and nothing  what you say ever materializes !  

Just now, alfieconn said:

Now that confirms you really do live in a dreamworld, have you seen your defence lately ? to be fair you come on on here talking such rubbish, telling us what we are going to do or should and nothing  what you say ever materializes !  

What's that your opening statement to the Board....

In regards to our defence they are sometimes shambolic and it's frustrating but our systems are not built for defending see Klopp's goals coneeded wirh all clubs. Our attack however with or w/o PC is something else and if these lads stay sharp were winning or getting very close to something and if we swoop and grab 2 x 50m lads before the window closes, it's on.  I might also add we have a fairly straight route out of the group so you know we have a much better chance than you in that competition already.

Shaky league start but we ground out a win and threw away 2 pts in our first games but it's 4 points for us and 3 for you, thank you. 

No one's moaning about wages either and our ground is intact but the most important thing we have is a 12th man, where is yours?

17 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

What's that your opening statement to the Board....

In regards to our defence they are sometimes shambolic and it's frustrating but our systems are not built for defending see Klopp's goals coneeded wirh all clubs. Our attack however with or w/o PC is something else and if these lads stay sharp were winning or getting very close to something and if we swoop and grab 2 x 50m lads before the window closes, it's on.  I might also add we have a fairly straight route out of the group so you know we have a much better chance than you in that competition already.

Shaky league start but we ground out a win and threw away 2 pts in our first games but it's 4 points for us and 3 for you, thank you. 

No one's moaning about wages either and our ground is intact but the most important thing we have is a 12th man, where is yours?

Me saying that you live in a dreamworld was in response to this "  Swap spurs for liverpool and I'd fancy getting out that group" strange that you didn't respond just the the usual waffle !

I've gone through the fixtures for 17/18 and come up with following;

Home: win 11 draw 4 lose 4 points 37

Away : win 10 draw 5 lose 4 points 35

Tot : win 21 draw 9 lose 8 for 72 points.

That total might be good enough for 4th spot. However 4th spot might not be good enough if we (Pr Lg) lose the automatc 4 places.

I don't think Wembley will do as much harm in the Ch Lg. I fancy Spurs to at least get through to the knock out. After that anything could happen; depends on who finished where and a bit of luck.

I'd settle for Ch Lg final and 72 points.

Don't care about the fart and the milk cups. Let the youngsters and second/third string have a run out.

Both Liverpool and Spurs fans are living somewhat in the past. Spurs did have one of the best ever league teams nearly sixty years ago and the Reds were dominant for two decades later on but have not yet won the Premier league.

I prefer to look forward. Could be great days ahead for both teams!

The first match I ever went to at WHL was Bill Nick's first game in charge. London 10 Liverpool 4.

Edited by owl sees all

8 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Both Liverpool and Spurs fans are living somewhat in the past. Spurs did have one of the best ever league teams nearly sixty years ago

For gawds sake you can,t say that............living in the past/sixty years ago...........the spuds fans will be back blasting you with all guns cocked.......:whistling:

p.s. owl.......perfectly true though :clap2:

19 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes, its a shame that the forums getting <deleted> up by a pair of <deleted> that just don't want to discuss football.  This seasons started off worse than last.  Starting to think theres better things to do with our time than reading this horseshit from the likes of those two tossers

Blocking them is the answer and sticking to it. You won't miss them. Their only reason for posting is to get reactions. Don't encourage them.:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

Blocking them is the answer and sticking to it. You won't miss them. Their only reason for posting is to get reactions. Don't encourage them.:thumbsup:

Can't agree JD. Some stimulating footy debate will surely bring them 'round. We have to help these wayward posters.

Let's start by forecasting the game tonight. I'll stick my neck out with a 1-1 result. Why am I not going for a Superspurs win? Well I might in 3 months time but these are early days at the new home.

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Can't agree JD. Some stimulating footy debate will surely bring them 'round. We have to help these wayward posters.

Let's start by forecasting the game tonight. I'll stick my neck out with a 1-1 result. Why am I not going for a Superspurs win? Well I might in 3 months time but these are early days at the new home.

They have no interest in being brought "round". Trolls are a special breed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1