Tottenham Thread

chonabot

perhaps or arguably the best c/b in the epl sat on the bench as loser levy has plans in place to make a nice sum of money in the next t.f window  but sacrafies winning silverware for the rank and file supporters by doing so .its all about enic lewis and loser levy  filling their pockets with your money .feel so sorry for you .really do as you deserve better.both are parasites fullstop

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Kane must be injured still. His movement just wasn't the same as when he was firing on all cylinders. To be marked out the game by Smalling and Jones suggests that to be the case. 

Give Jones and Smalling a bit of credit they had their best games of the season.Harry wasn't on his own you had some of the best attacking players in the comp on the pitch with him, it just didnt work out,thats life

2 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Give Jones and Smalling a bit of credit they had their best games of the season.Harry wasn't on his own you had some of the best attacking players in the comp on the pitch with him, it just didnt work out,thats life

A fit Harry Kane gives them an afternoon to forget. For them to have their best games he has to have his worst. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

A fit Harry Kane gives them an afternoon to forget. For them to have their best games he has to have his worst. 

Oh come on that's pathetic.If he wasnt fit he wouldn't have been on the pitch your Manager is not stupid far from it.

He's always, sensibly, rested him when injured.

Spurs play a great brand of football most days, yesterday they wern't with it.

It happens but obviously you can't accept it.

11 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Oh come on that's pathetic.If he wasnt fit he wouldn't have been on the pitch your Manager is not stupid far from it.

Must be a worry. Weren't with it vs Man City. Weren't with it vs ManU.

31 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Think you're the sole Spurs fan to (finally) come on after the game. Was going so well for 20 minutes. What happened?  

For so many of our team to not turn up in a semi final is appalling so that's why we've not been posting...we are fkin fuming.

On and a need to win our next game is imperative to secure that top four spot.

Polar opposite of last year when we finished so strongly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Accept what? I don't even support them but I know a decent striker and if he was 100% he would have given the chuckle brothers the run around. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Pathetic???? in my view ,   you  have pressed the wrong buzzer,  Kadlio,s  post has a lot of merit ,calling it pathetic,  well ???????????

Spuds ,   Poch  and Loser  Levy ,  had a  lot at stake   riding on this F.A cup  semi final,they are absoulately desparate

to get that monkey off their back, (Win some Silver  Ware) and Kane,  the best all round  E.P.L  striker,   since Arsenal,s Henry   ,was there main player to  acheive this , therefore  E/S agree,s with Kadlio,s post it appeared that Kane was not 100%fit ,as his usual high  work rate etc etc was missing,which flowed onto the team,s  poor overall performance, ,etc etc etc , in my summing up,   the gamble  backfired    i,am not taking anything away from  M/U fine win and sincerely wish them good luck in the Final against C/sea ,which  I.M.O has all the trimmings of gigantic tussle which ever one may look at it , a very nice morning to all my adoring fans on the footy forum   ,i know that   you all luv me

8 hours ago, balo said:

No progress this season then , Eriksen and Kane for me the best players again. Alli and Son getting there.  

Son has been much better this season while Alli has not.

Eriksen just oozes class now every game.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2017 at 7:56 AM, petermik said:

Spurs "peaked" last season without winning anything,sorry but with the squad you have it,s only downhill from now on......:sad:

On 8/23/2017 at 8:25 AM, petermik said:

On your day your best 11 are as good as any in the prem,absolutely no doubt,however when the demands of 2 games a week and with players picking up injuries you need a good squad,maybe 20 or so players,this is where the strength of any club competing seriously for honours lies.....Spurs/Liverpool are in the same position,both squads seriously lacking depth in quality.

Your performances last season in Europe were (sorry to say) pathetic,your league form only picked up when the demands of midweek games went away,after this some of your football was a joy to watch......but you won NOTHING,maybe if Chelsea had the demands of midweek european games their march to the title would not have been so easy.

The winning of honours is not down to the starting 11 but the quality of the players coming off the bench.

Playing at Wembley is a hinderence for you as it will only motivate other teams/players to perform better.

There are players at Spurs that can walk into other premiership teams and double their wages,these players know this and unless this anomaly is rectified it will lead to discontent..........as Danny Rose has allready spoken about.

Difficult season for Spurs coming up is my honest opinion :sad:

On 4/22/2018 at 11:25 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

That was sheer torture yesterday.

I"m gutted. We were utter crap.

15 hours ago, balo said:

No progress this season then , Eriksen and Kane for me the best players again. Alli and Son getting there.  

Note the first two predictions I made were in late August...:sorry:

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Still few comments on the game on here from Spurs fans.

And what about Petermik's comments: were Spurs better last or this season (last in my opinon), and has this Spurs team 'peaked'?

Some interesting points.

Gotta be a big money move for Eriksen this summer.

Rose - should be gone too

Toby - he's defo gone

Dembele - heard recently he may be gone

Pochs served his time so he may be looking for a new challenge if anything should be read into his recent comments.

It's definitely a quiet camp regards to inner workings at Spurs at present. 

Would not be surprised to see Spurs sell 250m of players this summer.

25m toby

20m Dembele

25m rose

90m Eriksen

70m Alli

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Some interesting points.

Toby - he's defo gone

Pochs served his time so he may be looking for a new challenge if anything should be read into his recent comments.

The Hot Goss is (and the following is not stirring the pot) is that Poch will be at Arsenal or C/sea next season,and several players will follow him led by Toby      ,working  or playing  with Loser Levy, has always met a dead end of some kind, largely due to being grossly under paid for their services, just look up his appalling record  of holding Gun players during his tenure  ,which is the key to winning silver ware etc (anywhere for that matter ),interesting times lay ahead at Spuds,

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Some interesting points.

Gotta be a big money move for Eriksen this summer.

Rose - should be gone too

Toby - he's defo gone

Dembele - heard recently he may be gone

Would not be surprised to see Spurs sell 250m of players this summer.

25m toby

20m Dembele

25m rose

90m Eriksen

70m Alli

Wow, are we going to sell them all at huge knock down discounted fees too. What on earth have you been smoking?:sad:

Heard Levy, Poch and Joe lewis are off too this summer.  Strange considering hardly anyone thought we'd make top four due to the Wembley curse and yet we are very much in the top four hunt having had an impressive season.  

Yep, its the same all crap being dragged out again.  Yawn.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

were Spurs better last or this season (last in my opinon), and has this Spurs team 'peaked'?

I am actually surprised we could perform as well as we did this season , considering we play all our home games at Wembley.   We will never know the answer if it would have been a different story at our own ground.  

But we only lost 5 times at home in all competitions .

In the PL we only lost twice at home , to West Ham and Man City , so we can't complain much about Wembley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

The Hot Goss is (and the following is not stirring the pot) is that Poch will be at Arsenal or C/sea next season,and several players will follow him led by Toby      ,working  or playing  with Loser Levy, has always met a dead end of some kind, largely due to being grossly under paid for their services, just look up his appalling record  of holding Gun players during his tenure  ,which is the key to winning silver ware etc (anywhere for that matter ),interesting times lay ahead at Spuds,

Hot goss   :cheesy: :cheesy:

Want any money on it bottles ? if not, stop reading every mickey mouse news outlet !!!

Bottom line Spurs or rather the HK team is just that and yh they pulled through without him whilst injured but what a shoddy performance when it mattered most and not the 1st time. Eriksen should pull the plug and get into a competitive squad. 

12 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Bottom line Spurs or rather the HK team is just that and yh they pulled through without him whilst injured but what a shoddy performance when it mattered most and not the 1st time. Eriksen should pull the plug and get into a competitive squad. 

Get a hobby mate.

Just been reading that next season Poch intends to downgrade the FA cup further on his list by playing kids and resting first team playing due to them already looking jaded.  Not sure i'm happy about this.  Doesn't need to be the case.

Next season we will be getting significant increases in match revenues and potentially vast revenues from the US cable tv networks through our NFL deal so this summer is the time to strengthen the squad with top drawer talent.  Our style of play creates greater fatigue and just doesn't work if players are jaded to we clearly need to up the anti.  But i just don't see why the FA cup should be cast aside and would prefer it treated with more respect.  Aside of the huge increase in revenues we'll be seeing to back of Rose and Alderweirald and at 30yo i doubt Dembele will be getting a long term contract he desires which is a shame, because as brilliant as he is,  he's too injury prone.  So, lets get Sessignon, De Ligt from Ajax and a couple of other top notch players and we will be looking good.  But makes no bones about it, we do need to strengthen.

All to all the usual suspects going on about Poch not winning a trophy for Spurs it took Ferguson 5 years at United to win anything and 7 to win the league so lets not try to get any further ahead of ourselves than we already are!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

Just been reading that next season Poch intends to downgrade the FA cup further on his list by playing kids and resting first team playing due to them already looking jaded.  Not sure i'm happy about this.  Doesn't need to be the case.

Next season we will be getting significant increases in match revenues and potentially vast revenues from the US cable tv networks through our NFL deal so this summer is the time to strengthen the squad with top drawer talent.  Our style of play creates greater fatigue and just doesn't work if players are jaded to we clearly need to up the anti.  But i just don't see why the FA cup should be cast aside and would prefer it treated with more respect.  Aside of the huge increase in revenues we'll be seeing to back of Rose and Alderweirald and at 30yo i doubt Dembele will be getting a long term contract he desires which is a shame, because as brilliant as he is,  he's too injury prone.  So, lets get Sessignon, De Ligt from Ajax and a couple of other top notch players and we will be looking good.  But makes no bones about it, we do need to strengthen.

All to all the usual suspects going on about Poch not winning a trophy for Spurs it took Ferguson 5 years at United to win anything and 7 to win the league so lets not try to get any further ahead of ourselves than we already are!!

Is there some intrigue to come with Spurs ? Pochy's comments about the club without him in the future as well as the FA Cup comment could lead to some speculation. Could just be the loss to United flattened him a bit and he's speaking from that disappointment. Or something else ? Disagreements with Levy ? Who knows ? At any rate, the situation at Spurs has been pretty stable since Pochy arrived from Southampton. It'll be interesting to see if it stays that way over the summer.:coffee1:

8 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Is there some intrigue to come with Spurs ? Pochy's comments about the club without him in the future as well as the FA Cup comment could lead to some speculation. Could just be the loss to United flattened him a bit and he's speaking from that disappointment. Or something else ? Disagreements with Levy ? Who knows ? At any rate, the situation at Spurs has been pretty stable since Pochy arrived from Southampton. It'll be interesting to see if it stays that way over the summer.:coffee1:

No real intrigue other than the obvious.  Alderweirald and Rose off and sadly i think Dembele because his contract demands are totally unrealistic if reports are correct.

I think Poch was a bit flat losing to a United side we dominated just a few weeks ago, and with our players looking so jaded.  Thats all i'd ride into it although you'll get some far more dramatic takes of it on here, probably exact repeats of what was supposed to have happened end of last season!!  Repetitive an boring.

However, back in the real world i think its plain to see that since he's made it so public his only real focus is on the EPL and the CL then it should be clear to all that his squad needs strengthening this summer with high quality players....not just decent players.  And on seeing the vast increase in revenue next year, i'd imagine he be extremely unhappy if he didn't get the reinforcements he wants.

No doubt, atleast two, Rose and Toby will be going, so he must bring in real quality or we'll weaken. We all know the others will strengthen but it should no longer be us, having to punch over our weight.  A big statement needs to be made and i have a feeling it will.  However, it will be made on the basis of the financial books being balanced and not in the manner of certain other.  Withe the NFL revenues i don't think there will be a problem and then we have the new ground revenues.

Why would Pochettino realistically want to leave at this juncture?  Bar the conjecture of a couple of words in post match defeat theres nothing to suggest he wants to go. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

No real intrigue other than the obvious.  Alderweirald and Rose off and sadly i think Dembele because his contract demands are totally unrealistic if reports are correct.

I think Poch was a bit flat losing to a United side we dominated just a few weeks ago, and with our players looking so jaded.  Thats all i'd ride into it although you'll get some far more dramatic takes of it on here, probably exact repeats of what was supposed to have happened end of last season!!  Repetitive an boring.

However, back in the real world i think its plain to see that since he's made it so public his only real focus is on the EPL and the CL then it should be clear to all that his squad needs strengthening this summer with high quality players....not just decent players.  And on seeing the vast increase in revenue next year, i'd imagine he be extremely unhappy if he didn't get the reinforcements he wants.

No doubt, atleast two, Rose and Toby will be going, so he must bring in real quality or we'll weaken. We all know the others will strengthen but it should no longer be us, having to punch over our weight.  A big statement needs to be made and i have a feeling it will.  However, it will be made on the basis of the financial books being balanced and not in the manner of certain other.  Withe the NFL revenues i don't think there will be a problem and then we have the new ground revenues.

Why would Pochettino realistically want to leave at this juncture?  Bar the conjecture of a couple of words in post match defeat theres nothing to suggest he wants to go. 

I don't disagree with any of that. Its the out of character comments from Pochy that will raise eyebrows though. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, carmine said:

it should be clear to all that his squad needs strengthening this summer with high quality players....not just decent players.  And on seeing the vast increase in revenue next year, i'd imagine he be extremely unhappy if he didn't get the reinforcements he wants.

But won't that affect the Net Spend Trophy :tongue: