Tottenham Thread

chonabot

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Think I'm right in saying that in every year since and including the year Mancini won the Premier, that the manager of the Premier champions was 'manager of the year' except in the years Mancini and Pellegrini won it. Coincidence? Guess we'll see if that 'unusual' phenomenon occurs again this season with Pep. And that was the point that flew over your head R2D2! 

The manager of the year award doesnt usually go to the PL Champions manager

17 of the last 24 winners of the MotY award did not win the P.L.

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes I did check before I posted. Anyway let's see who wins it from Pep this season. 

Can you take this debate that holds no interest to this thread back to your own?  The last thing we want is more of the everyones got it in for City belly aching from BB.  Its so <deleted> tedious.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Everyones got it in for City, didn't you know?

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Can you take this debate that holds no interest to this thread back to your own?  The last thing we want is more of the everyones got it in for City belly aching from BB.  Its so <deleted> tedious.

Somebody suffering are they from a bout of Boing! Boing! Boing! and from the dreaded squeaky bum time (just 2 points now!). :passifier:

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Somebody suffering are they from a bout of Boing! Boing! Boing! and from the dreaded squeaky bum time (just 2 points now!). :passifier:

Thankfully we have two home games now.

Let's see what happens.

We will finish over the line , I am sure of it. I do not believe in a total collapse.  Liverpool should be more worried. 

5 hours ago, balo said:

We will finish over the line , I am sure of it. I do not believe in a total collapse.  Liverpool should be more worried. 

I'm not worried although i'd prefer to get it over and done with.

What i don't agree with is Poch playing Kane who looks in need of a good rest.  I'd be playing an attacking three of Eriksen, Dele and Lucas Mours behind Son.

Harry looks way off his game.

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Thankfully we have two home games now.

Let's see what happens.

That clown is posting to me hoping that someone will reply so i'll have to see it.  And i'm not disappointed, yet more drivel.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

I'm not worried although i'd prefer to get it over and done with.

What i don't agree with is Poch playing Kane who looks in need of a good rest.  I'd be playing an attacking three of Eriksen, Dele and Lucas Mours behind Son.

I don't feel Lucas Moura has been given enough game time at all this season....such a waste.

5 hours ago, carmine said:

Everyone can see that , but he is a natural goalscorer . It's just difficult to let him rest when we have 2 big games ahead. Still hoping he will perform better against Newcastle. 

A flame post and flame answer to it have been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Tough team selection for Poch tonight, 

very short in midfield with only Wanyama as a

recognised DM being available.

Dier out with sickness,

Dembele (ankle).

Could mean Sissoko starts against his old team?

Or Eriksen/Dele slot in a deeper role.

The good news is Vertonghen is back in training so could start.

I've just received an email letting me know there are tickets available for the game tonight.

It will be a big crowd I'm sure but as for all midweek games work gets in the way sadly.

Sunday's game is sold out.

Best of luck fending off Chelsea. I'm hoping Spurs can do it but Chelsea on a bit of a roll and Spurs with a lot of walking wounded. Nothing would surprise me. The resourceful Rafa awaits you.

4 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Best of luck fending off Chelsea. I'm hoping Spurs can do it but Chelsea on a bit of a roll and Spurs with a lot of walking wounded. Nothing would surprise me. The resourceful Rafa awaits you.

Yes, if Benitez decides he's going to dig in for a draw he'll make life very difficult for us.  Early goal required methinks.

Edited by carmine
  • Sad 1

Well mission accomplished which is what it was all about but what a dire nervy display.  No pace no high tempo just predictable unimaginative dull slow build up.  Yes, we had major injuries to our central midfield but regardless, for most of the game we looked blunt and ineffective against a well drilled Benitez defense who, had they taken their chances would have gotten something out of that.

At half time, as the commentator said, why wasn't Eriksen pulled deeper, as a deep laying playmaker to quicken the tempo and Lucas or Lamela added to the attacking three?  It was obvious yet once again the changes came too late!!

Anyway, we held our nerve and Chelsea properly bottled it so CL confirmed.  

I'm sure the usual suspects will be wanting to comment on Chelsea bottling it.  Proper bottle jobs.:smile:

17 hours ago, carmine said:

Yes, if Benitez decides he's going to dig in for a draw he'll make life very difficult for us.  Early goal required methinks.

Told ya Balo!!!  That was always going to be tough, Benitez is no mug and very experienced.

• Haha 1

All in all i think its a massive achievement to have qualified for the CL having had to play 38 away games. And i do remember very clearly the usual Charlies giving us no chance of qualifying.  Obviously i'm still hugely disappointed at our limp display in the semi final but our main goal this season has been achieved.  Despite the increasing stadium costs everything else is on course , so whilst we look worn out and fatigued right now we should be proud of the team and manager this season.  Still learning and continuing to improve.  And next season we get 19 home games!!

It will be interesting to see how Chelsea do in comparison when they start their stadium build.  Probably bottle it again?!!  Fair chance...

So strange why Poch sticks with Sissoko.  They guy simply dreadful.  No speed in the pass, slow decision making, can't seem to tackle of press....what does he offer?

And to cap it all last night he leaves Eriksen in the attacking three, plays Sissoko in a double pivot with Wanyama, who's passing also takes a lot to be desired,  and leaves Lucas and Lamela on the bench.  All it guaranteed was a dire slow build up play that was easily contained by a tight narrow defense.

I love Pochettino as our manager and i think he's the best thing since Bill Nich but this tactical situation is something i just can't get my head round.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

All in all i think its a massive achievement to have qualified for the CL having had to play 38 away games. And i do remember very clearly the usual Charlies giving us no chance of qualifying.  Obviously i'm still hugely disappointed at our limp display in the semi final but our main goal this season has been achieved.  Despite the increasing stadium costs everything else is on course , so whilst we look worn out and fatigued right now we should be proud of the team and manager this season.  Still learning and continuing to improve.  And next season we get 19 home games!!

It will be interesting to see how Chelsea do in comparison when they start their stadium build.  Probably bottle it again?!!  Fair chance...

Another Silverless Season and you are boasting,   Win something Troll !!!!    just Win something !!!!

3 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Another Silverless Season and you are boasting,   Win something Troll !!!!    just Win something !!!!

You'll want to see this gem from the Thursday night bottle job carms. :w00t::clap2::clap2:

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You'll want to see this gem from the Thursday night bottle job carms. :w00t::clap2::clap2:

Plank  no need to,   theTroll as usual    is all B/S    that i am on his Ignore List  , retired once from this forum due to bottling it,  some troll of  B/S

27 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yeah, they just an oligarchs bottle job plaything.  And as soon as sugar daddy doesn't give them millions for the transfer market and they have to win it with merit they bottle it big time.  Proper bottlers like!!

Edited by carmine
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, carmine said:

So strange why Poch sticks with Sissoko.  They guy simply dreadful.  No speed in the pass, slow decision making, can't seem to tackle of press....what does he offer?

When i heard Der was out sick, i actually expected Sissioko to start,

especially playing his old team.

The other reason is his physical presence when compared with Dele or Eriksen playing in a CM position  N/castle have a fair few physical players. 

2 minutes ago, sotsira said:

When i heard Der was out sick, i actually expected Sissioko to start,

especially playing his old team.

The other reason is his physical presence when compared with Dele or Eriksen playing in a CM position  N/castle have a fair few physical players. 

I see that but i'd have thought having Wanyama alongside him would be enough physical presence.

Untimately we grounded it out and got the points but, with the pressure off and despite the injuries i'm hoping we give Leicester a right shellacking next sunday to take third spot.