Is Nok Air to Vientiane classed as an exit ticket?

I am from a G7 country soi I will get 30 days on entry providing I have my air ticket out (or a tourist visa, but Madrid consulte (I am going to spain for 2 weeks) just told me they will only issue one if I am a resident of Spain - my bad!)

Can I use the BKK - Udon Thani then bus to Vientiane as my exit from Thailand?

I am not sure if the airline in Spain will accept this as its not a flight out of the Thailand.

The airline will accept a flight booking from Bangkok to Vientiane.

Bus tickets etc are not acceptable and can not be booked from Spain.

Easy option is to book a hotel in Vientiane and print out the booking.

• Like 1

Agreed Ubonjoe but he needs the bus ticket as part of the flight booking otherwise it is just proof of an internal flight.

At the end of the day the handling agent in Spain makes the decision and I have had many run ins with Spanish officials.

He will need a hotel on arrival so easy to book before leaving.

Edited by Jay Sata

Hes talking about the nok package though.. Which is an airline ticket to Vientiene but only flies to Udon.. Its an all in one ticket..

Interesting and very much airline and officer dependant.

I am from a G7 country soi I will get 30 days on entry providing I have my air ticket out (or a tourist visa, but Madrid consulte (I am going to spain for 2 weeks) just told me they will only issue one if I am a resident of Spain - my bad!)

Not your bad, but and absurd and abusive policy of a consulate that disregards not just common sense and the interest of tourism to Thailand, but also the status of the country by which they are hosted - Spain as part of the European Union has uniform immigration polices, but they don't. They still live as if it was the 60s ? Laughable if is wasn't for the inconvenience caused.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

rolleyes.gif About the nationa;ty of the applicant ........Many Thai consulates requre that the visa applucant be a Resdident of that country.

You will find that in many consulates in South East Asia

Japan and China may also do that.

ALL Thai consulates have the right to issue visa by sometimes slightly mpdified rules, their is not one set standard of rules worldwide. Each consulate cam slightly modify the rules locally.

Some do. so at the request of the country they are in.

China , for example, may requre that the applicant be a Chinese citizen or resident. That is in accordance with the wish of the Chinese government.

If you want to be certain, just book the cheapest flight on the web from any airport carrying international flights in Thailand to any country nearby - e.g. Air Asia or any low cost airline - you can have a ticket from Udon if they fly to Phnom Penh. Or a ticket to Myanmar.

Even when I was resident in Manila with proof of residency, the airlines would not accept it and I had to buy a cheap ticket from some unknown city in South Philippines to some other never-heard-of place in Indonesia so as to get on the plane. Some tickets you can get credit or refund but most do not - therefore go for the cheapest and eat the cost.

Works well

I had a similar problem a few years back, I booked the Udon - Vientiane leg by the Nok Air bus.

You even get a flight number.

Worked fine as Air Canada wasn't going to let me fly, with that, they did.

NOT the below.

• Like 1

The problem with Spain is the way their officials choose to interpret rules.

Cheapest option to guarantee boarding is a hotel booking in Vientiane.

The OP is going to need a hotel,when he arrives so might as well bit the bullet.

There are plenty of decent hotels there on sites like Agoda for as little as 700 baht.

• Like 1

It is up to the airline to accept it or not and even to check it or not in the first place.

If they check, they will probably want to see some proof of onward travel, not just your word.

Depends on the airline, often your word is good enough. Has worked for me in the past. However, proof of outbound travel is still best and this can sometimes be in the form of a credit card rather than necessarily being in possession of an airline ticket.

Not your bad, but and absurd and abusive policy of a consulate that disregards not just common sense and the interest of tourism to Thailand, but also the status of the country by which they are hosted - Spain as part of the European Union has uniform immigration polices, but they don't. They still live as if it was the 60s ? Laughable if is wasn't for the inconvenience caused.

How does one prove residency in Spain if one is a citizen of another Schengen zone country? For all intents and purposes, a Schengen citizen is also a resident of Spain, if present in Spain. That's because they have that right and there is no evidence in any form given to a Schengen zone national of their presence or status in Spain, other than perhaps a Spanish driver's licence or a utility bill etc. that could "prove" residency. If you're NOT a Schengen zone citizen that would be different, but if you are it's a bit absurd to treat other Schengen zone Europeans differently from the Spanish.

How does one prove residency in Spain if one is a citizen of another Schengen zone country? For all intents and purposes, a Schengen citizen is also a resident of Spain, if present in Spain. That's because they have that right and there is no evidence in any form given to a Schengen zone national of their presence or status in Spain, other than perhaps a Spanish driver's licence or a utility bill etc. that could "prove" residency. If you're NOT a Schengen zone citizen that would be different, but if you are it's a bit absurd to treat other Schengen zone Europeans differently from the Spanish.

I agree with you in principle, however Spain as most other EU countries makes a legal distinction between residents and not.

http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/InformacionInteres/InformacionProcedimientos/Ciudadanosnocomunitarios/hoja093/

BTW citizens (and their immediate relatives) of EU countries that are not part of the Schengen area, enjoy the same right of free movement, residence and employment with the entire EU.

Was flying from Montevideo to Mexico last year and had no onward ticket other than an intercontinental ticket Ex-LAX back to Asia (Malaysia). I thought this should be enough as there was not even an immigration check when leaving the US from Las Vegas to MEX DF on my inbound journey.

But it turned out that they wanted to see a ticket leaving Mexico to the US as well. They told me a Bus ticket would suffice so I booked a Bus Ticket from Tijuana to San Diego for 10 Bucks or so. They obviously had to put some sort of onward ticket in their Computers.

It would be interesting to get an official statement from Thai immigration regarding those Flight/Bus - Combo tickets, as particularly NOK AIR know offers plenty of such combinations (which, BTW, I think is a smart move to offer them)