Thailand Tourism Forum: Thailand registers record year end growth

webfact

it must be the record year, considering it is still the high season and most tourist places are empty and hotels have few rooms rented.

Not so. Hua Hin is packed with tourists like never before . Can't get a room in a decent hotel since they are all fully booked. Guess tourists are beginning to prefer other places than Pattaya and Phuket with their sordid reputations

Do you have any evidence besides your observations? Because booking sites like Expedia and agoda have plenty of rooms on sale

Basically it is saying no one has been coming since 2103 and now a few are trickling in end of 2014. They are trying blind people with science when in reality the percentages they are blurting out are on rota meaning 100% of nothing is nothing. Of course they are record figures, when you have to start from scratch again all sorts of records will be broken.

The truth on tourism figures?

Nobody can give an accurate figure. TAT has little credibility.

I can only comment from my 2 tourist dependent businesses and other friends with hotels, bars, restaurants across Thailand what they are saying. Each business was down in 2014 compared to 2013 to varying degrees from 20% to 60%. And 2015 shows no signs of improvement. I believe the country gets what it deserves but it`s tough when your livelihood depends on tourists.

• Like 1

The truth on tourism figures?

Nobody can give an accurate figure. TAT has little credibility.

I can only comment from my 2 tourist dependent businesses and other friends with hotels, bars, restaurants across Thailand what they are saying. Each business was down in 2014 compared to 2013 to varying degrees from 20% to 60%. And 2015 shows no signs of improvement. I believe the country gets what it deserves but it`s tough when your livelihood depends on tourists.

Totally agree with your observation, i own a hotel and a restaurant and a bar and as you said, 2014 almost halved, This high season was/is a no season even in comparison to bad last year.

I am actually doing well in comparison to some of my neighbors, one place next to me at the moment has only 2 rooms rented, keep in mind its still a high season