90 Day Report By Post

ajnamoon

Hi All

Posted my 90 day report by registered post with return stamped envelope on January 8th ,then waited for post nothing arrived!!!

My 90 day report was due on Jan 26th so on the 27th went to Immigration office arrived at 1.15 car park full well over 100 people waiting .Some student helpers working there ,so asked one about my report showed him copy of last 90 day report,to which he replied you need to get a q number !! I showed him my post office mail receipt,and asked him to check it out ,as i said what was the point of posting 90 day report if i had to come and q again?/,and that i had checked online and it was delivered next day

He passed on papers and receipt to guy on computer,and returned to me a few minutes later with renewed 90 day report ,and said that guy on computer said he was very sorry that he had forgotten!!!!

Checked my new 90 day report was was start date Jan 13th which means it has b een sitting there waiting to b printed out for over 2 weeks!!!!

Well at least i got my new 90 day after insisting and having proof of postingImmigration as i did with my previous 90 day report

I will continue to post my 90 day report asdont with to spend 3 hours at immigration as i did for my last report

So remember to always keep your postal receipt

Sent mine in from Hang Dong and got my slip in 8 days. Easy as eating pie. Why do folks insist on going to the imm office and then complaining about all the people there ?

It wasn't so easy for the OP and suspect is why some still don't trust mail in 100%.

• Like 2

Sent mine in from Hang Dong and got my slip in 8 days. Easy as eating pie. Why do folks insist on going to the imm office and then complaining about all the people there ?

It wasn't so easy for the OP and suspect is why some still don't trust mail in 100%.

My 90 day was due on 19th Jan and I sent it in on about 5th by express mail. I didn't get a reply so called in yesterday. The guy didn't believe me since I didn't have the postal slip but he eventually found the entry in his log and issued me with a new slip. I was in and out in 5 minutes so even with the return slip not arriving it was still a lot quicker. I've done it by post numerous times and that was the first time I had a problem. As was said, send it registered and keep the slip, the worst case scenario is you not getting the slip back and spending 5 minutes there while they re-issue immediately, without the queue.

• Like 1

Posted mine on the 5th of Jan. Checked the tracking online: it arrived on the 6th signed for. They processed it on the 6th, but they didn't post it until the 12th. I got it back on the 14th. Why they hung onto it for six days is wierd, but it was all done without any hassle.

Mine arrived back today,I had put enough stamps on and they stuck a recorded sticker

on it,entered next date on calender,photo copied the notification,and added original to

forms in envelope all ready to post for next time.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

This time I listened to several posters and went Certified, cost 18 baht and I tracked it, 5 baht on the self addressed envelope.

Mailed at PO on 1/26, they received on 1/27 and I received it back on 1/29. It was due on Feb 10.

I really don't think it can get any easier. 18 baht for mail, 5 baht for return and maybe 12 baht for copies.

I never thought I would say this, but CM Immi is doing a great job with this and I recommend people not go to the office (and clog it up).

Edited by Nowisee
  • Like 1

I mailed mine by EMS on Dec 11th (for a Dec 21st renewal). They received it on Dec 12th. I did not get the receipt back from them until Jan 23rd, six weeks later! Meanwhile, I waited a month after I sent it off, went to the office and got a receipt there. It sounds like the service there is a complete lottery---some come back quickly and others disappear into limbo. For me it was a total waste of time mailing it in, since I went to the office anyway.

I mailed mine by EMS on Dec 11th (for a Dec 21st renewal). They received it on Dec 12th. I did not get the receipt back from them until Jan 23rd, six weeks later! Meanwhile, I waited a month after I sent it off, went to the office and got a receipt there. It sounds like the service there is a complete lottery---some come back quickly and others disappear into limbo. For me it was a total waste of time mailing it in, since I went to the office anyway.

If you send it EMS you know that they get it, which is the main thing. I happen to live in town so going to immigration if I don't get the slip back and getting it sorted out straight away without waiting, is still preferable to sitting there for anywhere between 10 minutes and an hour or more. Out of 6 or 7 90-day by post that I've done, only once did I not get the slip back so the odds are still in it's favour for me.

Why go to the office? I was under the impression that if you don't receive the receipt by mail your EMS slip is verification that you complied with the rule. Not a criticism, just curious.

Why go to the office? I was under the impression that if you don't receive the receipt by mail your EMS slip is verification that you complied with the rule. Not a criticism, just curious.

You are correct. No need to panic. Unfortunately, mail apparently does get lost sometimes.

No need to go to immigration right away. Save the receipt. Come in time for the next 90-day report, then go to Immigration to report because you won't have the original 90-day notice in hand.

No need EMS. Just follow the pinned instructions above.

Diplomatico and Mapguy, thanks for your replies. However, the official instructions from the Thailand Immigration Dept say, and I quote: "Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt". So I was just following the official requirements.