Thai DOAE launching agriculture tourism

webfact

DOAE launching agriculture tourism

BANGKOK, 29 January 2015 (NNT)-The Department of Agricultural Extension (DOAE) has pioneered its agricultural tourism campaign in 4 regions under a tourism concept of ‘The Thai way’ this year.

DOAE Director General Olan Pitak said the agricultural tourism is focused on allowing tourists to experience farmers’ way of life and local agricultural practices.

The campaign was first launched on January 27th in Nakon Pathom province. The activity of the day included a boat ride along the Mahasawad canal. The next ones will be held in Burriram province on February 17th, Phetchabun on February 20th, and Nakon Sri Thammarat on March 24th.

The DOAE Director General said the campaign is in line with the government’s policy that encourages both Thais and foreigners to learn more about agriculture.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-01-29 footer_n.gif

"DOAE Director General Olan Pitak said the agricultural tourism is focused on allowing tourists to experience farmers’ way of life and local agricultural practices."

So which aspects of the farmer's way of life, exactly are we talking about here?

Debt?

Poverty?

Back breaking labour?

Not being paid for your crops?

Can't see anyone going for those.

• Like 1

Come up to Isan and watch the backbreaking job of planting and harvesting rice it's riveting.

Is this to be home stay or will the tourists stay in a nice hotel and go out for a couple of hours each day to watch the toil ?

What's the next idea of the tourist promotion conveyor belt ?

What a bare-minimum sparsely informative article. I could actually be interested in this program if I had a way of finding out more. Sure I can probably dig it out somehow through google, but with a professionally written article I wouldn't have to.