Actual border run status

Hello everyone I have a question:

Is the border run actually allowed or not?

I've been reading so many different news: u can't at all cross border and come back in straight, or you can but only once or even 3 times...

I'm in Chiang mai at the moment and all the travel agency I asked to told me is possible and they have customers going every day but I keep reading of tourist getting denied.

I'm on a 30 days on arrival visa and I have many stamps from a previous holiday between 2013/2014 when I did border runs many times.

This time I was planning a 2 month and 10 days vacation so I would have needed 2 border run but now I'm kina panicking coz I dunno if I will be able to.

Can someone help me seeing it clear?

Yes that would have been the best choice from the beginning, but thinking it would have been like last year I didn't apply for any visa back home.

I've checked my plane ticket and after my first 30 days will expire I would need only other 35. So would be a waste of time and money to leave Thailand ( for Laos Cambodia or so) and apply for a tourist visa. The best thing money and time wisely would be 2 border runs.

Can I trust the local travel agency and just jump in one of their mini vans to Mae Sai? Will I get other 30 days?

Go to immigration and stamp up next 30 days cost of 1900 bath. Becuse you only stay for now 30 days right? if so you have the right to get next 30 days at immigration. Dont need to wait to first 30 days expired they will stamp it up from last day 30. in same time ask about your 10 days what to do maybe you have to walk out and have that 14 days then. sorry for bad english hope you understand.

• Like 1

Go to immigration and get a 30 day extension, cost 1900 baht. At the end of that extension go to immigration with your ticket exiting Thailand and apply for another 30 day extension. They will deny it but give you 7 days to "clear out". Cost 1900 baht. You should be covered. However after reading some of the posts about Chiang Mai Immigration and the wait times it might be easier to leave the country - just kidding- I think!

I didn't know you can get an extension of a visa on arrival.. I was reading about it and I thought u could only get it for health problems:

http://www.thailand-immigration.org/extension-visa-on-arrival.html

You are not on a visa on arrival but on a visa exempt entry. Since a few months a visa exempt entry can be extended by 30 days.

• Like 2

I didn't know you can get an extension of a visa on arrival.. I was reading about it and I thought u could only get it for health problems:

http://www.thailand-immigration.org/extension-visa-on-arrival.html

That is a commercial website not a real immigration website. See here for info. http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/popup_anounce.html

Ah OK good to know!! Thanks everyone for all the informations.

So considering that my visa exempt expire the 8 Feb and my plane is the 15 march, extending my visa for 30 days would allow me to stay till 10 march just 5 days before my ticket. So I would still need at least 1 border run or I could do something else?

So i can apply for a second extenction after my first extenction of 30 days? Can I do both at the same time at the immigration office? Coz now I'm in Chiang mai but after I'll be in some island in the south and It will be more complicated.

Go to immigration and stamp up next 30 days cost of 1900 bath. Becuse you only stay for now 30 days right? if so you have the right to get next 30 days at immigration. Dont need to wait to first 30 days expired they will stamp it up from last day 30. in same time ask about your 10 days what to do maybe you have to walk out and have that 14 days then. sorry for bad english hope you understand.

lf you ask at immigration they might give you 60 days for the 1900 baht if you ask politely telling the reason for need x

lf you ask at immigration they might give you 60 days for the 1900 baht if you ask politely telling the reason for need x

No. The tourism extensions is only 30 days, not more.

So i can apply for a second extenction after my first extenction of 30 days? Can I do both at the same time at the immigration office? Coz now I'm in Chiang mai but after I'll be in some island in the south and It will be more complicated.

As mentioned before already, the 2nd extension would be for 7 days only. It can be applied toward the end of expiration of the 1st one.

Good idea ! clap2.gif

It's called an extension.

Cost 1900 bht. and they 'should' give you 30 more days.

Just go talk to them.

Your closest immigration.

Be nice and dress well and everything will work out.

They will tell you what's best and then you do it (hopefully a 30 ext for the 1900 as I stated above).

I don't know the time frames like Asi......above.

You may even be able to do that again with the same folks a month later and get a 15 day for 1900.

Talk to them.

They are people too.

Like I said, dress nice, and be respectful (but not kiss ass).

I my experience, usually in the land of instant karma you will get the same wai.gif

You may even be able to do that again with the same folks a month later and get a 15 day for 1900.

No. As mentioned above already a 2nd extension would be for 7 days only. Dressing is not that important, you're are not going to a ceremony.

• Like 1

No. As mentioned above already a 2nd extension would be for 7 days only. Dressing is not that important, you're are not going to a ceremony.

Cool.

I didn't know as it's not how I live here.

And if you know anything about Thailand appearance is everything wai.gif