Wanted: Car trailer instead of Pickup

brufi

since this is another trailer thread ,

HELP

We need at least 4 trailer rims in the USA 8 bolt pattern for a trailer we are building in Rangsit

we ordered the axles etc from Texas and forgot to order rims ( we thought they were available everywhere )

the trailer is built but just sitting there waiting for rims !

it would be the same as a 1 ton Pick-Up or 1 ton Van

Anyone know of some in Thailand ?

HELP

We need at least 4 trailer rims in the USA 8 bolt pattern for a trailer we are building in Rangsit

we ordered the axles etc from Texas and forgot to order rims ( we thought they were available everywhere )

1 ton pickups use 6 bolt wheels here.

HELP

There is a machine shop near me that makes adapters to change from/to any stud pattern you want. If you use say hilux rims you will have a lot less problems with spares

These are mitsu 4 stud to 5 stud toyota

Pm me for info

post-4090-14227531993869_thumb.jpg

window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());

Hi All, try this number, Respro Trailers, Siam Country Club Road, Pattaya. 087 834 9675. Drove past 2 weeks ago, had trailers on display.

Tom

The SSCC shop is out of business

Edited by yankee99

Try Collingourne Auctions in Pattaya they have had a few good trailers in, good enough for moving boxes etc around (Not cars) and good prices, I just have home a Home Built one using Stainless for Garden Rubbish etc. Remember you will need somewhere to store it.

Why stainless ?

Try Collingourne Auctions in Pattaya they have had a few good trailers in, good enough for moving boxes etc around (Not cars) and good prices, I just have home a Home Built one using Stainless for Garden Rubbish etc. Remember you will need somewhere to store it.

Why stainless ?

it would be cool to have a trailer made by the guys who make the big stainless steel gates

Pimp my trailer :)

I have 3 flat car trailers , 2 have a flat area covered in wood so you can move stuff and one just has ramps for the wheels

plus a 20 foot box trailer full of junk that was a race car trailer / repair shop

the best trailers are Featherlight aluminum trailers , or one where the bed tilts so you can drive the car on without ramps ,

and the best is one where the bed drops to the ground and you can hand push a car on it yourself.....

Ohhh and an electric 12v winch plus a hang operated winch like a boat trailer would use......

a box off a delivery truck works too !

in the USA you do not need brakes ,

but I do like the German trailers that have a hand brake so it will not roll away when unhooked , I have never seen that in the USA

and then if you want brakes in the USA there are 2 types

Electric brakes , which hook up to the truck and go on when you press the brakes , there is also a controller under the dash to adjust them

and surge brakes that are hydralic and only on the trailer, when you slow down quick a rod pushes a master cylinder and makes the brakes work ,

A trailer without brakes voids the insurance of the towning vehicle, all trailers must have brakes to be able to be towed and retain insurance cover by the towing vehicle

Even little 6x4 box trailers ?

Not in the E.U. you don't. See Powerboat trailers adds.

A trailer without brakes voids the insurance of the towning vehicle, all trailers must have brakes to be able to be towed and retain insurance cover by the towing vehicle

In Thailand, ANY trailer needs brakes to stop voiding the towing vehicles insurance

Why do the Rice Planter trailers that are built here dont have them from the Factory. Seems like a Friend said info.Like to see it in print. Also Government Rescue Boats dont have them, strange that,im sitting here in Krabi looking at a new one.thumbsup.gif .

it is a condition of 1st, 2nd, 3rd class insurance, not one for the roads dept

In Thailand, ANY trailer needs brakes to stop voiding the towing vehicles insurance

Not true only over 750 KG loading capacity but you need insurance for the trailer which you get when you register your trailer

Interesting, whilst iam not doubting you but if brakes are needed to avoid insurance issues of the towing vehicle one would think brakes would be mandatory for any trailer to road registered then.

TiT I guess.

Not true only over 750 KG loading capacity but you need insurance for the trailer which you get when you register your trailer

That seems more plausible than sweeping statements.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

There is no weight stipulated by the insurance companies in their exclusions

The compulsory thrird party you get when you register the trailer only covers that, third party injury, not damage to other vehicles

There is no weight stipulated by the insurance companies in their exclusions

The compulsory thrird party you get when you register the trailer only covers that, third party injury, not damage to other vehicles

so let me ask you one question "How many trailers have you build in Thailand "?

• Like 1

so let me ask you one question "How many trailers have you build in Thailand "?

And just what does building a trailer have to do with knowing what the insurance restrictions are?

Sure i know to stop at a red traffic light, doesnt mean i have built the car...

The answer is 2 anyway, both with electric brakes I brought here from Australia

Hes clearly checked with all Thai Insurance Companies, or intent on digging a bigger hole. Too much hearsay IMO. Ive towed a twin JetSki trailer for years here but didnt know about all this babble, been covered by BKK Insurance for 26 Years.My Wife Told Me.biggrin.png

So you have bought 2 trailers in Australia and imported them that makes you an expert in registration and insurance

for trailers then does it ? And you try to tell us a 6 by 4 trailer needs brakes? I have made over 200 trailers in Thailand

all different shapes and sizes and I know nothing I guesswhistling.gif

So you have bought 2 trailers in Australia and imported them that makes you an expert in registration and insurance

for trailers then does it ? And you try to tell us a 6 by 4 trailer needs brakes? I have made over 200 trailers in Thailand

all different shapes and sizes and I know nothing I guesswhistling.gif

No, please read carefully, i brought the electric brakes from Australia, the trailers I bought the steel and rest here and welded them up myself

Hes clearly checked with all Thai Insurance Companies, or intent on digging a bigger hole. Too much hearsay IMO. Ive towed a twin JetSki trailer for years here but didnt know about all this babble, been covered by BKK Insurance for 26 Years.My Wife Told Me.biggrin.png

Correct, I have double checked with a broker who has experience in insurance issues with trailers and I am conveying that information.