Anybody who never had kids regret it ? I'm still on time but is having kids in Thailand a good idea?

thefactoryoutlet

I wonder if anyone who never had kids regret it ?

Your question cannot be answered because never having had children precludes any experience you might have had with them. Looking at other children is no indication of how yours would have been or how your relationship with them would have developed. The only thing you can regret is not having tried everything life has to offer.

I personally cannot imagine life without children, the good times as well as the bad have all greatly enriched my experience and outlook on life and undoubtedly changed me as a person.

Hell, I've worked hard over the years accumulating my wealth giving huge portions of it to the tax man along the way. When I croak I don't want to leave it to him or his government, I want my kids to benefit and enjoy it.

• Like 1

I don't drink, don't gamble, don't take drugs, don't get in fights, don't have debts, don't have health problems, don't have kids and don't have regrets. I have lived a very full and interesting life, however. Have them if you wish but they are not for me.

• Like 1

I have those thoughts many times, because I believe that I just was lucky that my 2 girls are now educated, employed, married and happy. Many times, too many, specially during their teenager times, they did mistakes that may seriously complicate people lives. If I have to think again in having children in the world be now live, probably I will not do it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What is sad to see over here is the 60 plus brigade who for some reason seem to think they have proved something by knocking up some 25 year old. Many of them living on minimal income/pension status and have to ride around on a 2nd hand 50cc, can't call it a bike, thing because they can't afford a decent car.

No thought given to how the kid is going to get a good education etc, no thought given to medical expenses in their short future.

I've never had any kids and never really thought about it. Was always too busy doing something else.

so whats your age limit to stop having kids???

Many old fools here have babies with unsuccessful criminals Ie prostitutes or have no money no education no rich parents and lose everything

I say there is no age limit if you have baby with rich women with or have rich parents that will give her and baby money

or even successful criminal with lot of money 1,000,000 pounds or 1,500,000 dollars that is for spending on the baby and you

You can be 95 if you find one

What is sad to see over here is the 60 plus brigade who for some reason seem to think they have proved something by knocking up some 25 year old. Many of them living on minimal income/pension status and have to ride around on a 2nd hand 50cc, can't call it a bike, thing because they can't afford a decent car.

No thought given to how the kid is going to get a good education etc, no thought given to medical expenses in their short future.

I've never had any kids and never really thought about it. Was always too busy doing something else.

so whats your age limit to stop having kids???

Many old fools here have babies with unsuccessful criminals Ie prostitutes or have no money no education no rich parents and lose everything

I say there is no age limit if you have baby with rich women with or have rich parents that will give her and baby money

or even successful criminal with lot of money 1,000,000 pounds or 1,500,000 dollars that is for spending on the baby and you

You can be 95 if you find one

How misguided to think it's all about money. How shallow to think a pile of cash thrown in the direction of a child will ensure a successful upbringing and how equally shallow to think that something has been proven by fathering a child in later years. Nobody proves anything by making a child no matter how old they are. Making a child is easy, raising a child however is when the hard work starts. Having money can certainly make life more comfortable but it is no excuse for relinquishing responsibility in raising your child yourself to have emotional and mental stability and to be able to function in society. The bottom line is that it takes alot of time, effort and energy to raise a child and this is something many people do not have in later years. They tire more easily and simply want a peaceful and less complicated life which is the last thing a child brings to the table. IMO accept the fact you've missed your boat and stop producing children that are to all intents and purposes raised by one parent families.

Edited by slightlychilled

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I happy for those who have children and have and still enjoy the experience, I would like to redress the balance. I have never regretted not having children. In fact I am happy being an uncle and God father etc. Having my own, has never been a priority. I believe some people should not be parents and feel sorry for those that should and can't have children. The world is overly populated, so having children shouldn't be a very careful decision, as I firmly believe that having children, you should give 100% towards their development for the rest of their lives.

So the answer is no regrets at all.

no regrets from 'laughing gravy' because he has no idea what he's missing out on. ha ha

I have never been married and have no kids. Just the way I like it. I don't know if I will ever regret not having any but it's hard to regret something when I have never experienced it nor want to experience it.

I have always wanted it that way since I saw my friends burdened by money problems and other issues caused by divorce with kids involved. I'm sure they never regretted it but it sure made their life a misery for a long time.

I don't feel the need for that. Just me, it's nice.

Sad little spinsters whining about the fact they never had kids.

Glad to lead a well rounded life and see my kids do well and experience life.

Thank you very much.

Who is whining about not having kids?

Started a second family when I was 50, don't regret it for one minute.laugh.png

Yes one minute your kids break your heart the next minute you are the best thing ever to them and them to you too.tongue.png

Forget money thoughfacepalm.gif

Ones kids give you the one thing money cannot buy. '' POVERTY''clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

After contributing to and reading this thread the one outstanding point for me is the disappointment in seeing so many posters who fail to understand one simple aspect of life... That is everyone is different...

....some people love kids, some want them and can't, some have too many, some shouldn't have them at all, and others simply don't want kids... each opinion is individual and to be equally respected. However, ridiculing someone, putting them down or suggesting they are wrong simply because their opinion and wishes don't agree with ours suggests a lack of intelligence and tolerance.

I don't understand how someone may not wish for children, but I'll respect their choices as I expect them to respect mine without resorting to any form of nastiness, smart arsed comments or snide remarks.

I've just got back from another family holiday - my 15 month old son was perfect, playful and fun all the way... he was perfect on the 7 hr flight, he was perfect in the restaurants, he did draw a huge amount of attention from others (especially the women)... it was fun all the way, I would't change that for the convenience of travelling without him (lots of baggage). That may change in a few years, but for now I wouldn't change a thing.

Started a second family when I was 50, don't regret it for one minute.laugh.png

Yes one minute your kids break your heart the next minute you are the best thing ever to them and them to you too.tongue.png

Forget money thoughfacepalm.gif

Ones kids give you the one thing money cannot buy. '' POVERTY''clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I inherited a second family the day I turned 50. Met their mum after 6 months talking to each other on the internet on the day of my 50th birthday as my birthday pressie to myself. Little did I know then that the pressie was also the two daughters (step) for a full on family unit as well.

Ten years on the constant laughter now just about every payday is "our daughters have us broke again", but would not have it any other way. Poverty is not only 'no money' but also 'no love'. And why settle for just the love of one woman when you can have the love of a family as well.

Replying to the OP can understand both choices of children or no children. Most other people’s kids I have no time for and a lot I see as little snots. So it is understandable as a single guy all kids are probably snots especially if you have not experienced some of the gems. Exception I mostly have is in our friends circles we have a large group of thai women and western men partnerships where there are heaps of the thai women’s children who have been adopted or just taken on by the western guy and the thai kids seem to love their western dads to bits and are generally wonderful kids - gaining security of a family unit works wonders. Point is your own are snots to other people also but to you they are priceless gems. The call is to the individual if you want to have a go at turning snots into gems.

After my first family unit broke up I was set that there was going to be no more kids in my life. That’s fine but in a relationship there is the other persons needs to also consider. Especially in the case of taking a Thai woman to your western country and expecting her to leave her children behind -- that’s bloody heartless crap. If you don't want kids in your life then don't get involved with women with kids already.

What brought me back to having kids again and accepting after the scalpel had done its thing that they would not paternally be mine was the want of a family unit and more so the extension with grandchildren, pets, scrapped knees, broken hearts, the added chores of Aunt Daisy relationship advisor, personnel chauffeur, homework lecturer and explaining the "western culture" scene playwright, daughters car mechanic, etc. and more so hearing those two sweethearts with their competing "Dad" in every tone and scenario available, was more than the want of just having a bed mate and having only the two of you to entertain each other the rest of your life’s - "hi dear are your false teeth still troubling you?" being the dynamic choice of conversation with a partner only, does not compete with the challenge from varsity daughter of "Daddy, my landlord's tenancy manager is trying to rip me off over the bond so will you help me deal to him please". For me it is not only the one love of an awesome woman (with her own teeth) but also the additional love of our beautiful daughters (and thai daughters seem to me to hold a higher value of that dad relationship and love than most others), their pets, their friends and one day the grand children, that having brought into with the thai family interdependence style, will be a large part of our life’s.

I would possibly have children in Thailand but I would move them out of Thailand by about age 12 or 13 and educate them through their teenage and uni years in my own western country. But then perhaps that is also bias to the fact that we live in the best country in the world so the opportunity is boundless compared to Thailand, and it is also in our case a matter of how it just panned out and was not planned. What I have noticed with my daughters especially is they have that female Thainess and cute sweetness and family interdependence and appreciative values gained form their early thai upbringing but the big gain they are experiencing and building on in their teenage years and via their uni education is simple things we as Kiwis take for granted like individual rights, equal opportunity, sexual equality, taking advantage of university education and well paid work opportunity, future planning as opposed to living here and now, etc that do not exist in Thailand. That mix of thai culture and western values is turning out two beautiful daughters that I thank their Buddha and my God for. I see those same mix of the best of both cultures also in my daughter’s friends who have been born and early raised in Thailand but then spent the greater part of their teen life here in New Zealand being subject to western equality and democratic values.

At the end of the day it is all personel choice with no gaurentees one way or the other. Have the strong feeling thou that with kids and especially thai kids if you put the love and support in then you will mostly have a high rate of success of raising high quality young people to be very pround of.