Pheu Thai gets a dose of 'attitude adjustment'

webfact

Stupid reds trying to pressure the junta into letting YL go.

Going against the rule of law threatening again. Not smart its good the army tells them who is boss.

I agree,just pushing to see how far they can get,same as brolly vendors.Nip it in the bud now is better in the long run.A Thai saying comes to mind,"give an inch,take a mile."

"During a press conference, the PM became irritated and slammed the table and raised his voice. However he said he was not angry and was not intoxicated with power."

He is sooooooo cute! wub.png

Yet he said "I have full power but they still challenge me."

• Like 1

A recent article in The Economist expressed these views:

"The junta seems to be playing a long game. It probably wants to keep power to see through the succession, and secure its own influence. Yet sooner or later, the junta will face resistance from an electorate with vigorously democratic elements. Reconciliation is still badly needed. In particular, destroying Mr Thaksin and his family as a political force will not prevent the poor Thais who repeatedly vote for them from demanding their say in how the country is run. Pressing the criminal case against Ms Yingluck, Thailand’s first female prime minister, may yet provoke sympathy for her, at home and abroad. The junta talks of bringing a lasting peace in Thailand’s long-running class wars. But that looks ever more distant."

In other words,..... nothing has changed, NOTHING will EVER change, it'll be the same in the coming years, same populist policy suckers via election collection going Dubai way, same violence clashes,.... and another LEGENDARY INCIDENT THAT MUST NOT BE NAMED (according to the certain forum rules)

Attitude adjustment the latest old trend, in other words political corrupt bastards get away again with a slap on the wrist,....

Edited by Lite Beer
  • Like 1

"The PM became irritated and slammed the table and raised his voice".

Like her or not at least Yingluck was more professional and composed during press conferences. I don't seem to remember her losing her cool even in her darkest hour. Prayuth seems to display more erratic and unpredictable behavior as this continues.

yingluk was to stupid to understand the questions put to her...get real eh....

• Like 2

This is doing nothing to help the country reconcile. It's going completely in the wrong direction.

These "Attitude Adjustments" are getting more and more frequent.

This never was and never will be anything what so ever to do with reconcilliation. Suppressing the majority for the benefit of a few. Wake me up after the war

will get back to you after you get whalloped on saturday at the bridge ok...

• Like 1

This is doing nothing to help the country reconcile. It's going completely in the wrong direction.

This never was and never will be anything what so ever to do with reconcilliation. Suppressing the majority for the benefit of a few. Wake me up after the war

Who in their right mind would want to reconcile with a rat's nest ???

What happens at these "Attitude Adjustment" sessions?

Are the victims allowed legal representation?

Are independent observers allowed to be present?

Are the sessions videotaped?

Is there a standard duration of a session, or are they detained until they are "persuaded" to support the Govt policies?

Do the rules of law apply?

Seems to me they are the Thai equivalent of Guantanamo. Which is allowed, I guess, under Martial Law.

But this could backfire - all you need is one stubborn SoB who is not willing to compromise his principles, and the Junta will have created a martyr.

Would 500TBH in the coffer qualify for the short version of the attitude adjustment?

The best form of peaceful protest would be to just go home. It is noT currently against martial law to go home. If all Thai people from the north and northeast just went home for a few months, the government would certainly hear their voices without having to say a word because the economic impact would be huge. People there know how to forage for food and could easily survive on nam prig and sticky rice for that length of time. It is always fun to visit with family and friends. Meanwhile, there would be no cheap laborers in the capital, no cheap companionship in entertainment venues, no cheap laborers for southern agriculture, etc. That's how to get yourselves heard. Violence does NO GOOD, ever.

• Like 1

Why am I not surprised that a plastic Chelski fan is also a fan of this load of plazzies?

Which majority would that be?

As far as I can see it only seems to be the PTP who are doing the pushing and then whining about being caught.

It staggers me how two people look at a picture and see 2 different things. You are one of the "There was no corruption before Thaksin" brigade. There will be more corruption under this Junta but it will be divided up amongst fewer people

What majority are being suppressed ?

The people of this country are going about their normal business regardless of martial law or the military being in charge.

It is the few who would make trouble that are being called in and being told to pull their heads in or face the consequences, these are the same few who have made trouble before and are well known for it.

Take a look at the names of those called in, take the latest for instance Nuttawat, on bail for terrorist charges, on a 2 year suspended sentence, turn the country into a sea of flame, I will take responsibility, came out of the 2010 riots as a multi millionaire to a cabinet post, owner of a trucking company that was carting rice to unspecified destinations, and still he mouths off.

Richly deserves to be investigated.

• Like 1

Which majority would that be?

As far as I can see it only seems to be the PTP who are doing the pushing and then whining about being caught.

It staggers me how two people look at a picture and see 2 different things. You are one of the "There was no corruption before Thaksin" brigade. There will be more corruption under this Junta but it will be divided up amongst fewer people

Obviously you have never met me and have no idea about me at all.

Please do NOT make assumptions about people you don't know as most likely you will be wrong as you are in my case.

I have been in Thailand on and off since 1993 and yes I KNOW there was corruption before Thaksin.

I also have spent a little time doing my research about him and he was a failed businessman several times before he got his first success. Oddly enough as the sole supplier of computer equipment to the police force whilst he was still a policeman. Of course the fact that he was married to the chief of police's daughter had nothing to do with it at all. He also ripped off his US business partner too.

You, as many people like you, are making the assumption that ALL Thais are the same and that ALL Thais are corrupt but this is not true. Many of them are but far more are not.

You are also assuming that people who are against Thaksin must be supporters of the yellow shirts etc. Perhaps the people who are opposing Thaksin are opposing corruption also.

I prefer to assume that people are innocent until proven guilty but you seem to want to tar EVERY Thai with the same brush.

How sad that you feel this way.

• Like 1

No matter which way you look at it.

This is Yellow.

Can't win by election...take control by force.

Not quite,.... it's rather yellow can't win election collection, and lick and kiss the "powerful institution that must not be named" in the behinds,

It's the "powerful institution that must not be named" that took control, not the yellows, cause they couldn't do rats to counter the powerful wave from Dubai...

Get it???

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why am I not surprised that a plastic Chelski fan is also a fan of this load of plazzies?

Dont get me on football. Chelsea,,, no shots on goal, at home, for 52 minutes. Mourinho plays the numbers, he will never stand toe to toe with city because we will dry bum you. Chelsea set up like a bottom of the table team against the champions. Too many hangovers and injuries this year. Keep that trophy clean we will be having it back next year