Best normal hospital in Pattaya

geisha

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience friend. If you had broken a rib it would be excruticiating and you would not be able to talk.

Heal up and get well soon buddy... it's a shame that Pattaya has been getting worse and sorse the last few years, because i do like to visit there

Danger of broken ribs is punctured lung, which is very serious but usually has bleeding from mouth. Nevertheless, get xrays for a good hospital, small hospital xrays are worthless. You can be taped to ease your discomfort some.

GO GET XRAYS.thumbsup.gif

since an x-ray table is an x-ray table please tell us why a rib series and chest series from a small hospital are worthless?

I know many people will laugh, but i banged my leg pretty badly one day.

Badly enough for my leg to swell up and turn green/yellow.

To be honest, i felt like a cheap charlie and did not want to waste too much money if it was not broken.

I went to my Vet, yes a Vet and asked him to do Xray-300 baht.

Was a digital Xray,, Vet had a look and confirmed nothing was broken, went to pharmacy, bought some Voltaren tabs and gel and all solved.

Man, when I thought that some people could not get any stingier...smile.png

I have had a couple of really bad experiences in Pattaya Memorial so if you're going to a private hopital I would suggest PIH or BPH.

getting an xray by the vet is quite reasonable for a simple problem like that.

in the usa it use to be common to send obese patients to an animal hospital for ct scanning as their ct table was designed for weight as in medium to large farm animals including horses, cows, etc etc.

Well if you have any kind of insurance that cover it go to the best , if not and you are on low budget then go to Pattaya City Hospital in Soi Bukhao. It is nice and probably cheap if they do have the facility. But make sure to do as your health worth more than money.

I have had a couple of really bad experiences in Pattaya Memorial so if you're going to a private hopital I would suggest PIH or BPH.

I've had a couple of really bad experiences in BPH so if you're going to a private hospital I would suggest Pattaya Memorial.

Edited by Keesters

I've had a couple of really bad experiences in BPH so if you're going to a private hospital I would suggest Pattaya Memorial.

Sure, it's possible to have a good experience in Memorial and a bad experience in BPH. But there is no doubt that the general level of expertise and equipment is substantially higher in BPH than in Memorial.

Sure, it's possible to have a good experience in Memorial and a bad experience in BPH. But there is no doubt that the general level of expertise and equipment is substantially higher in BPH than in Memorial.
I disagree. So there is doubt. Edited by Keesters

I disagree. So there is doubt.

No, you're wrong (or just being a troll). One contrary opinion does not make it doubtful that BPH on average offers a better product than Memorial.

Nuff said.

I disagree. So there is doubt.

No, you're wrong (or just being a troll). One contrary opinion does not make it doubtful that BPH on average offers a better product than Memorial.

Nuff said.

No you're wrong. Your one position does not make it true. Other people have different opinions. Take a read through the forum to see the many negative reports on BPH.

Not only I had a few times a can of Coke Light with very low sparkle, I am also reading many more negative reports about Coke on the internet as about EST. EST must be the better choice by far. coffee1.gif

Anyway to the OP; as it's 3 days now if you're still breathing OK then you shouldn't have pneumo- or hemothorax. Proper wound cleansing will be the major concern for you and probably every hospital and most of the clinics will be able to handle that properly. Upon any signs of infection don't let it develop and go for a good hospital pronto. Sattahip and Sriracha might be OK but I doubt the extension of your medical needs and therefore costs will justify the need to drive that far.

I know many people will laugh, but i banged my leg pretty badly one day.

Badly enough for my leg to swell up and turn green/yellow.

To be honest, i felt like a cheap charlie and did not want to waste too much money if it was not broken.

I went to my Vet, yes a Vet and asked him to do Xray-300 baht.

Was a digital Xray,, Vet had a look and confirmed nothing was broken, went to pharmacy, bought some Voltaren tabs and gel and all solved.

Jeezuz! ............................... no wonder you are robbing customers biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I think the grazed skin will be ok, I've put Betadine to clean it and antibiotique cream, covered them with gauze, apparently lots of people say to uncover to let air get at it, but that's wromg.I just want to make sure I have no ribs broken and a sore top of arm due to being dragged along gravel!!!! I have insurance, but don't want to go to the fuss of an international hospital, I've been once in Phuket and had to fight off the doctors who were ready to give me every ex amen under the sun! That's why I'd like to know the best place in Pattaya to have a few x Rays . Thanks everyone. Also I have a graze on my face, and wonder if there's anything to do to stop scarring.

...cannot understand why you did not call the police and file a report

...all costs should be covered for crime victims....

,,,this is insane...

...half the population in tourists visits this country annually....dump loads of money into the economy...and have to be robbed, beaten or killed...and then have to pay on top of it too....

...and we see all these announcemnets on 'improved human rights record'....

...it boggles the mind....

I think the grazed skin will be ok, I've put Betadine to clean it and antibiotique cream, covered them with gauze, apparently lots of people say to uncover to let air get at it, but that's wromg.I just want to make sure I have no ribs broken and a sore top of arm due to being dragged along gravel!!!! I have insurance, but don't want to go to the fuss of an international hospital, I've been once in Phuket and had to fight off the doctors who were ready to give me every ex amen under the sun! That's why I'd like to know the best place in Pattaya to have a few x Rays . Thanks everyone. Also I have a graze on my face, and wonder if there's anything to do to stop scarring.

Typically the therapy for uncomplicated broken ribs is time and pain medication. The x rays to ask for are "rib series" right , left or both depending on where it hurts.

I had a neck Xray at Bangkok Pattaya a week or so ago, 1030 baht

Cost comparison info. Two years ago here in the USA I had kidney stone. Quick cat scan at the local Emergency room and they billed me 3,200 USD! I was told it is cheaper if I had scheduled an appointment. So here they literally get a windfall customer and I get gouged. It was a small stone and dissolved or passed right after the exam.

Just To say I went To Pattaya Memorial and after a nice reception and an hours wait I was seen to by a doctor and X rays done on my ribs, which thankfully are not broken.i was not offered any additional medicines which I thought was very correct. I had a tetanus injection too as my last one was a while ago. The doctor said my deep grazes looked ok and that I'd cleaned them well. So I have aching ribs and there's not much to do about it, so I'll take Dolipran and hope it clears up soon.he said 2 to 3 weeks. While I found the emergency room a bit disorganised( lots of patients and families walking in and out) and it not being the most modern sterilised hospital I've seen in Thailand ( Bangkok Phuket looking like a 7 star hotel) for what I needed it was fine and I was treated very nicely and quickly. Thanks to everyone for their help.

• 3 months later...