Divorce Matter

oilysang

Correct, but this goes only if the lady lifes in Thailand. If she lives in a foreign country, the laws of that country apply. (And in most country's, there is no such provision.)

Cheers.

She told me before she marry and register in japan she got to inform the thai side , that why the 1 years rule apply ....... how true is it ?? i am surprise the one year rule is not a lie.

She told me before she marry and register in japan she got to inform the thai side , that why the 1 years rule apply ....... how true is it ?? i am surprise the one year rule is not a lie.

I will restate my comment regarding 360 days wait required after divorce. This is first hand knowledge in that when we went to the amphor to register after our ceremony they showed me in the rule book the statement regarding the 360 days. So it indeed is not a 'lie'.

But this is in regards to getting married at an amphor in Thailand.

Easy way out unless she's pregnant.

Chapter 11 Civil & Commercial Code, Section 1453 states:

A woman cannot get married until more than 310 days after a divorce unless:-

(3) there is a certificate issued by a qualified doctor who is a lawful physical practitioner showing that the woman is not pregnant.

Or you may also apply for a Court Order if she is pregnant.

Easy way out unless she's pregnant.

Chapter 11 Civil & Commercial Code, Section 1453 states:

A woman cannot get married until more than 310 days after a divorce unless:-

(3) there is a certificate issued by a qualified doctor who is a lawful physical practitioner showing that the woman is not pregnant.

Or you may also apply for a Court Order if she is pregnant.

I concur. A mate of mine got married to his Mrs 1 month after she divorced. She had been seperated for a long time but it was only one month after the actual divorce. The Doctor's certificate was also easy to obtain.

Theres a 1 year wait for marriages registered in Australia as well from divorce to re marry

In Au you can marry 30 days after decree Nisi (the dissolution of the marriage), it needs 28 days notice to perform a marriage. Appeal to the courts and/or the government minister can get these times reduced.