US or CHINA?

PepperMe

Bars are open again boys. Put this hypothetical nonsense thread to rest...

Agree. What a bunch of sheeps TV members are, responding to something that will never happen. Why not ask what will happen if the US and EU goes to war? How about China and Japan? Or Samsung and Apple? Or men and women? So many gullible rubes on TV.

This is a forum guys.

An open discussion on what WE would like to talk about.

If you are more interested in the trend of bar girls currently getting heaver and less attractive...go to that thread.

Why even bother to click on a thread that yau sre not interested in, just to criticize it?

Now, go find something you care about and think you know something about and bless those posters with you wisdom and judgement.

Maybe you could go start a thread about "What a bunch of Sheeps TV members are" ( hint....it is sheep, not "sheeps" )

or maybe a thread about" what poor grammar some TV members use"

Thanks for the constructive input guys!

Get it???

Willy, willy, willy, as an American, you should know better. So you think a war between China/Russia and the US is a possibility? Well let's see, you do know the extent of America's nuclear capability. That the US has enough nukes to wipe out all life on this planet. And more than once. So if an actual "war" was to occur and a country, say, China, Russia, France, or any other nuclear capable country were to send just one nuke America's way, what do you think would happen to said country? They would be incinerated. And we're not talking months, weeks, or even days. We're talking a matter of minutes. So do you understand the stupidity of this conversation? China is not stupid. Nor are the Russians. Which is more than I can say about the folks on this forum who are even discussing this possibility.

I think you are missing my point .

I am not commenting on the possibility of a war with anyone.

I am saying that on a forum, even opinions we disagree with are valid opinions.

If we all agreed on everything posted, there would be few post.

Mostly I am saying that if you don't like a topic, find one you do like.

As an American, I strongly believe tat even those I disagree with have a right to express their opinion.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Agree. What a bunch of sheeps TV members are, responding to something that will never happen. Why not ask what will happen if the US and EU goes to war? How about China and Japan? Or Samsung and Apple? Or men and women? So many gullible rubes on TV.

This is a forum guys.

If you are more interested in the trend of bar girls currently getting heaver and less attractive...go to that thread.

Why even bother to click on a thread that yau sre not interested in, just to criticize it?

Now, go find something you care about and think you know something about and bless those posters with you wisdom and judgement.

Maybe you could go start a thread about "What a bunch of Sheeps TV members are" ( hint....it is sheep, not "sheeps" )

Get it???

Nope - its a waste of time. What if aliens invade and use our skulls as soup dishes. Has about the same merit, and the same level of qualified expertise on the forum able to answer. After all, I am sure many many members of TVF have been anal probed....

• Like 1

The US just cut a deal to move back into Subic Bay and Clark Air Force Base in the Phils. It also has Diego Garcia and Guam. It also has 11 Nimitz class aircraft carrier groups.

Who needs Thailand?

Nobody is doubting what the US military hardware and bases are.

What happens if those bases are wiped out rather quickly?

The hardest part of winneng a war is not the hardware, it is the logistics and the US would be spread far too thin across the globe. It is NOT going to concentrate all its efforts in the western pacific.

If it goes off, the US, will have problems in that region. A single torpedo below the waterline and that is an aircraft carrier lost.

That's what Japan thought in WWII.

Every carrier is accompanied by a carrier group of ships. There are destroyers which mean submarine destroyers. They can detect and destroy a submarine before it gets into effective range.

The US can hit and destroy a torpedo too.

China doesn't have stealth. The US can shoot down an ICBM.

These are the things that China doesn't have when I say its technology is antiquated. Neither it or Russia is ready to take on the West and they know it.

Hahaha

I wondered how long it would be before we got the old WW11 rubbish.... First off, this is NOT 1940. All of Russias allies will have much more advanced technology just as much as the US have, also the Japs only lost because the US nuked the,m.... IO doubt they would dare think about using nukes in the next conflict because it will be the end of the USA and probably all of us.

If that is all you can come up with, then you are very ignorant of current military .... Look how long it took them to sort out Afgahistan and Iraq and they did nothing in Vietnam....... You are kidding yourself, even US military experts would agree with me...... and they do.

Russia, China, India and the middle east can collapse the US economy in days, and they will as part of the war effort, and the US will collapse on top of this war...... The USA have no chance and I pray to god that the UK and the EU come to their senses soon. France and half of the EU countries will back down against Russia mate.

As for technology...... Typical American attitude, think everyone are backwards compared to them.... Russia has some of the finest military technology in the world, so does China.... and you lot don't have a clue exactly what China or Russia has.

One of the most advanced countries in the world for military hardware is Israel, and it sells its advances to everyone with the cash and China has plenty of that.... then they copy it and mass produce it..... You have no idea what they have, only China knows that. So carry on and underestimate it.... Prepare to be shocked.

Your technological advances did not help you in Vietnam where you got your <deleted> handed to you and fled with your tails between your legs.....

To PepperMe - why don't you get a grip on reality and put the media portrayal of that war aside for a moment - nobody kicked our ass in Vietnam. We lost 60,000 souls there and we killed 2 or 3 million. The communist that you admire so much murdered a million or two or three of their own people , taking rice and sex at gun-point and recruiting children at gun-point to serve in their guerilla armies, in order to subjugate them. They never won a battle against us. Media stories aside, after the great Tet Offense of 1968, in the end, the communists had gained zero territory; they had control over no cities and they had failed to spark a popular uprising against the South Vietnamese government as they fantasized they would.

And then that total defeat got turned into a victory - a moral victory or a propaganda victory -it worked on you. After that "victory" in 1968 they were never again able or willing to commit large-unit forces against us militarily for the duration of that war. And after we pulled out our ground forces - two years after - the South Vietnamese armed forces collapsed in front of the communist march to Saigon. There was no military strategy, there was no heroism - they marched and they shelled cities and murdered refugees.

And that they mass-murdered more civilians and military veterans and executed all of the National Police (the Quan Khat) that they could find and sent many more to camps to get their attitudes adjusted - so that they could think like you. It worked - most people find it easier to believe the communist version of the story than to look at the facts and decide for themselves.

Most people feel that it is alright that the communists in Cambodia killed 1.8 to 2.8 million of their own people after they won their war for liberation. And people lay the blame for that catastrophe at the feet of the U.S.A, too.

The next great war to end wars will be nuclear - and there are plenty of lunatics in positions of power ready to push the button first to send the missiles into action. It could happen any day - by accident or mistake or because some gook with some power wants to save face, and there are no effective safe-guards to prevent it.

But aside from the fact that there will be no time to get the ground troops and the ships into action - if there were to be a conventional war as you are talking about - the powers that be in Thailand will sell out to the nearest greater power - and that is China. And they will rape Thailand - with or without a war - as the Japanese raped Thailand in the WWII and China degraded the people of Tibet.

As far as im concerned, thailand does not encourage the people of the western ideology. Thai televisions have little or no american soaps/ dramas or even english commecials. The thais have a huge sense of nationalistic pride as if thailand has never been occupied during the world war. Thai/chinese families do not like the idea of thai falang marriages, its clearly looked down upon. They would rather prefer their own or chinese native. So imho most thais just doesnt know the west enough to really give their trust..

Why not stop worrying ... just go to the beach or the mountains and relax.

Chill out ...if the big bomb comes you wont know anything about it anyway.

I've along with many others here have just dropped out of the world ... spend all the time you can with your wife ... luckily mine loves golf ...have to pay for two each time we play ... but what the hell.

If Thailand has any sense it will just keep its head down and supply somtum ........

Let's see. . .

Northern Thailand would side with China,

Pattaya would side with Russia,

Central Thailand with the US,

and Southern Thailand would invite Iran to the fight!

Then all the sides within Thailand would argue about it, stage demonstrations and occupations and there would be infighting until any international conflicts were long over. And while all this was going on, somebody in Dubai along with his family would be looking for ways to make money from it all. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Um-m-m-m, do you think there might be a coupe as well?

This is a forum guys.

Get it???

Willy, willy, willy, as an American, you should know better. So you think a war between China/Russia and the US is a possibility? Well let's see, you do know the extent of America's nuclear capability. That the US has enough nukes to wipe out all life on this planet. And more than once. So if an actual "war" was to occur and a country, say, China, Russia, France, or any other nuclear capable country were to send just one nuke America's way, what do you think would happen to said country? They would be incinerated. And we're not talking months, weeks, or even days. We're talking a matter of minutes. So do you understand the stupidity of this conversation? China is not stupid. Nor are the Russians. Which is more than I can say about the folks on this forum who are even discussing this possibility.

Certainly, should N Korea or Iran ever lob a nuclear warhead into the reachable U.S., they will be incinerated. Well, if not "certainly," I think we can safely say that all bets are off.

They will align with the stronger side and switch if they starting to loose.

So I guess Thailand screwed up when they held the meeting before

WWII to decide which side was stronger... cheesy.gif

Not at all. They chose the Japanese when they were winning and then switched sides when the allies got the upper hand. After the war they claimed that their original alignment with Japan wasn't properly declared so it didn't count! They thus avoided having their wartime leader convicted of war crimes (unlike the other Axis nations) and he returned a few years later as military dictator. That part of history perfectly illustrates the point that wow64 is making.

Edited by Enoon

Not at all. They chose the Japanese when they were winning and then switched sides when the allies got the upper hand. After the war they claimed that their original alignment with Japan wasn't properly declared so it didn't count! They thus avoided having their wartime leader convicted of war crimes (unlike the other Axis nations) and he returned a few years later as military dictator. That part of history perfectly illustrates the point that wow64 is making.

So you believe the thoughts and actions of the Thai leadership today will be the same as it was 60-70 years ago? Do you feel the same about your homeland? I certainly hope the leadership of my home country in the US isn't stuck in a time warp. By the way, you should stop smoking crack as it messes up your sense of reason.