Two homemade bombs explode in front of Siam Paragon

george

"The attacks showed that martial law could not be lifted, said Army Lieutenant General Kampanart Ruddit, who is responsible for the Bangkok area."

http://www.reuters.c...N0L51NF20150201

And please General let us know why your beloved martial law did not stop these bombs going off?

Martial Law isn't intended to 'stop' criminal actions, its an increase in powers for the authorities to act on criminal activity.

Personally speaking I believe these bombs are democracy in action.

Shin democracy that is....

If things don't go your way, say for example a family member has recently been charged with a crime. Use violence to focus attention away from the alleged misdeeds and incite mobs to cause disorder.

That way rather than facing up to the crime, the rule of the current authority is called into question.

I am pretty sure Shin democracy works like that.

For all those posters saying this is the ruling regime at work, creating a reason to maintain martial law. I have one question.

Why was the initial official story that this was an electrical fault?

Surely it would be more professional to know what it was and they would try to look competent and on top of things and have a ready prepared story/statement to fully exploit every aspect of this incident for their own advantage.

The initial attempt to quell panic with a false story should be an indication that the guys at the top want to ensure calm and a perception of control is in place, the official story was changed when when the government wanted tell people that there are still negative elements at work in this country.

Unless the real story was an electrical fault and they wanted you to think this was 2 bombs, for their own evil aims. Conspirators be damned, that's just stupid.

Sky train service is normal but security tightened

2-2-2558-10-49-49-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Sky train service operated as usual Monday morning but its Siam station's walkway which connects to Siam Paragon shopping mall is cordoned off by police and soldiers to facilitate Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) police to inspect the scene for more evidence.

The two bombs were later confirmed by EOD police to be pipe bombs and set to go off with digital watch at 8.05 and 8.06 pm.

But EOD police said the two improvised explosive devices (IED) made with metal pipes and nails and had low pressure explosions.

Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyos Phumphanmuang said Sunday night the pipe bomb was 20 centimetres in length and 10 centimetre in diameter.

One was planted behind the advertisement board of Siam Paragon and close to the electric transformer and another 6.5 metres apart at the BMA Express Service.

The two explosives were set to go off 30 seconds apart, he said.

But the explosives were not intended on lives as they were low pressure explosives which were similar to the IEDs which the police had recovered and seized from a house in Minburi last year during the anti-government protests waged by the People’s Democracy Reform Committee.

He said the police did not rule out politics and terrorism but added he had ordered investigators to find out if the explosions were linked to politics.

He said he had also ordered stepped up security at populated areas such as shopping malls railway stations and bus terminals.

The two explosions caused damages to the steel wall of the BMA Express Service, glass panels and the advertisement board.

Meanwhile police sources said they detected two suspects wearing caps and in white shirts and jeans on a video footage of a surveillance camera in the area.

They were seen walking to the scene at 7.30 pm and walking away. But one was seen returning to the place holding an orange plastic bag. He picked out something and was acting like was pressing something which the police suspected he might set the watch to detonate the time bomb and put it back to the bag.

He remained sitting there for a while and walked away at 8.00 pm.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/sky-train-service-normal-security-tightened

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-02-02

So there were nails in the bomb.That was meant to hurt and maim.

So there is video of some suspects. I do hope they release it and ask for help from any witnesses whilst it is fresh in peoples memories. Progress....

Sky train service is normal but security tightened

2-2-2558-10-49-49-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Sky train service operated as usual Monday morning but its Siam station's walkway which connects to Siam Paragon shopping mall is cordoned off by police and soldiers to facilitate Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) police to inspect the scene for more evidence.

The two bombs were later confirmed by EOD police to be pipe bombs and set to go off with digital watch at 8.05 and 8.06 pm.

But EOD police said the two improvised explosive devices (IED) made with metal pipes and nails and had low pressure explosions.

Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyos Phumphanmuang said Sunday night the pipe bomb was 20 centimetres in length and 10 centimetre in diameter.

One was planted behind the advertisement board of Siam Paragon and close to the electric transformer and another 6.5 metres apart at the BMA Express Service.

The two explosives were set to go off 30 seconds apart, he said.

But the explosives were not intended on lives as they were low pressure explosives which were similar to the IEDs which the police had recovered and seized from a house in Minburi last year during the anti-government protests waged by the Peoples Democracy Reform Committee.

He said the police did not rule out politics and terrorism but added he had ordered investigators to find out if the explosions were linked to politics.

He said he had also ordered stepped up security at populated areas such as shopping malls railway stations and bus terminals.

The two explosions caused damages to the steel wall of the BMA Express Service, glass panels and the advertisement board.

Meanwhile police sources said they detected two suspects wearing caps and in white shirts and jeans on a video footage of a surveillance camera in the area.

They were seen walking to the scene at 7.30 pm and walking away. But one was seen returning to the place holding an orange plastic bag. He picked out something and was acting like was pressing something which the police suspected he might set the watch to detonate the time bomb and put it back to the bag.

He remained sitting there for a while and walked away at 8.00 pm.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/sky-train-service-normal-security-tightened

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-02-02

The typical "Everyone is my enemy approach"...

"The attacks showed that martial law could not be lifted, said Army Lieutenant General Kampanart Ruddit, who is responsible for the Bangkok area."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/01/us-thailand-bombs-idUSKBN0L51NF20150201

False Flag anyone?

The C.I.A. must have taught them something.

BTW, where is the CCTV footage?

whistling.gif

Bit like when those sneaky Brits planted all those bombs in Belfast and blamed the IRA; and the Vietnamese napalmed and massacred themselves and blamed the Americans.

No chance it could have been Thasksin and his mob flexing their muscles with a little reminder. Just before Yinggy's trial and when his puppets are calling for her impeachment amnesty?

Sorry I forgot - him good man, honest, bring my brother back.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/01/us-thailand-bombs-idUSKBN0L51NF20150201

False Flag anyone?

The C.I.A. must have taught them something.

BTW, where is the CCTV footage?

whistling.gif

What better way to justify? Just make a couple of loud bangs and cry wolf! Something is fishy!

Yes, yes false flag. See the suspects were wearing white shirts. Everybody knows the Shin thug hitmen wear black. What more evidence could you want rolleyes.gif

So two bombs go off - in the most public area - noone gets hurt - who stands to gain public support. Not red shirts as this would only turn the public against them. Could be the south again but they usually make a statement. It does however reinforce the need for the marshal law to be maintained. Hmmmmm.... cui bono thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

So two bombs go off - in the most public area - noone gets hurt - who stands to gain public support. Not red shirts as this would only turn the public against them. Could be the south again but they usually make a statement. It does however reinforce the need for the marshal law to be maintained. Hmmmmm.... cui bono thumbsup.gif

But red shirts are know to be a violent movement.... Pipe bombs are part of their arsenal whistling.gif

• Like 2

A couple of months ago, at this same location, I lit up a smoke (not knowing it was smoke free area). By the time I took my first puff, 2 security guys rushed up to and told me No Smoking Here. Tho, I suppose, if I'd been wearing an army uniform the security may have let me puff away. Just saying......

Did you have a point, or just bored and needed to write something?

• Like 1

But red shirts are know to be a violent movement.... Pipe bombs are part of their arsenal whistling.gif

and that's the point isn't it. They have been known to use them... But with the USA appearing to be empathetic towards them and constantly going on about the Junta etc being illegal why on Earth would red shirts damage their own cause and make the General's claim appear valid about how necessary he is?

This follows a pattern. After the 2006 coup, several bombs in Saphan Kwai and Rachaprasong disrupted New Year festivities. A western tourist in a Pratunan foodshop lost her leg. As far as I remember, the culprits were never caught.

A year ago this violence was common and arrests were few and far between. I had hoped we had seen an end to these publicity-seeking terror attacks.

The crack team at the bangkok post wrote that it was just a transformer explosion, which they ran with on the front page. I guess they didn't bother to check back with the keystone kops later in the day.

The journalism here really leaves something to be desired.

Hmmm interesting time line, US diplomat suggests maybe remove martial law, regime leader responds "What if something bad happen, who can be blamed?" Then small explosion in Bangkok. Regime leader able to say "told you so, too dangerous to remove martial law". At least they used an 'improvised bomb' and not one of their own, official 'war weapons'.

Yep - and there will be a poll within a few hours supporting the extension of ML and the delay of elections until "reconciliation" can be achieved.

The problem for Herr Happiness and his crew is that they assume everyone else is as dim as they are. The "who benefits from this" question only has one answer.

Let us not forget they manipulated the the pre-coup disturbances to justify the planned coup. They have, as they say, form.

Edited by Snig27
  • Like 1

The crack team at the bangkok post wrote that it was just a transformer explosion, which they ran with on the front page. I guess they didn't bother to check back with the keystone kops later in the day.

The journalism here really leaves something to be desired.

See post #61

This follows a pattern. After the 2006 coup, several bombs in Saphan Kwai and Rachaprasong disrupted New Year festivities. A western tourist in a Pratunan foodshop lost her leg. As far as I remember, the culprits were never caught.

A year ago this violence was common and arrests were few and far between. I had hoped we had seen an end to these publicity-seeking terror attacks.

Yes it does seem awfully familiar - even the names!

post-25648-0-21905700-1422857684_thumb.j

Pretty much the same argument was made for the many bombings against anti-PTP protesters: false flag operation to gain support because why would Red Shirt do it?

Well, it turned out that argument was wrong, but now again it gets recycled as if nothing had happened.

• Like 2

A couple of months ago, at this same location, I lit up a smoke (not knowing it was smoke free area). By the time I took my first puff, 2 security guys rushed up to and told me No Smoking Here. Tho, I suppose, if I'd been wearing an army uniform the security may have let me puff away. Just saying......

Did you have a point, or just bored and needed to write something?

I was addressing the matter of Siam security to more analytic minds. You know, the type who needn't take off their shoes to do arithmetic.

Edited by bill1369
  • Like 1

looks like the military have a big job to do and it will take years at this rate to even think about elections

You think someone can plant 2 homemade bombs in front of paragon undetected and also detonate them without any injuries.

I am sure the junta is over the moon that it might take years to get around to election.

Keep in mind folks that media is under control.... no news is relaese untils it is aproved by the good guys!!! This phycho social news is common... and pursued specifics goals!

Is it just me, or does this seem like a botched / amateurish effort ? Put me in a speeding cab with a bucket of thumb tacks and I could injure several people in that part of BKK - even after the shops had closed. Either mistimed or someone looking for attention - it will be interesting to see where this goes.

I doubt these were intended to kill or injure, they were meant to disrupt and send a message. Hence destroying an electricity transformer, and not put somewhere where there are a lot of people.

I would also say by Thai standards these were not amateur devices if they contained timers (watches).

Is it just me, or does this seem like a botched / amateurish effort ? Put me in a speeding cab with a bucket of thumb tacks and I could injure several people in that part of BKK - even after the shops had closed. Either mistimed or someone looking for attention - it will be interesting to see where this goes.

Or, there is the possibility of a False Flag...

whistling.gif

I concur, If you have a look at whats happening all over the world, no pun intended MrWorldwide haha, my feeling this is a false flag event as well..... lets scare everyone into thinking they need protection from the crazy terrorists... rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-siBMqxwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS14g

Or, there is the possibility of a False Flag...

whistling.gif

I concur, If you have a look at whats happening all over the world, no pun intended MrWorldwide haha, my feeling this is a false flag event as well..... lets scare everyone into thinking they need protection from the crazy terrorists... rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-siBMqxwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS14g

With the well documented and proven mendacity of the Thaksin/red shirts I doubt Prayut needs to stoop to your ilks mentality

• Like 1

In my opinion its just down to pure luck no one was killed, the sole reason is to cause fear.

In an article in the Bangkok paper that can't be linked it was reported that intelligence on insurgent groups is being gathered. It basically says they've begun identifying insurgency groups, their leaders and weapons suppliers. All for peace talks of course.

I hope its not insurgent terrorism but surely it can't be ruled out.