Why do some people seem to have such "sad" lives

i claudius

Human nature... Miserable people are not happy unless everyone around them are miserable too...

You ask if there are many of them on the boards? Unfortunately yes, most IMO... Just read any topic and count the number of negative vs positive posts... After being a mod on various forums over the years, I gave up as is was affecting my attitude, much akin to pissing up a rope...

Many bitter old guys stuck in the village have nothing better to do than be keyboard warriors. They can be pedantic and grammar nazis too. Sad lonely lives. I used to enjoy thaivisa but the bitterness and negativity is wearing on me also. There are some very good posters, i.e. canarysun is one that always inspire me though.

What some peoole say, should be taken with a pinch of salt and a shot of tequila ... Remember years ago when I was in school and was confronted by bullys,,, I said to them, sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never harm me,,, and from that day onwards,,, it was sticks and stones for me, for the rest of my school days biggrin.png

Edited by welsh1
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with being a miserable old moaner, far prefer them to the know it all, love Thailand or leave it types who always seem to rich, lived here for 30 years and can speak, read and write Thai and are married to a Chinese Thai doctor, bastards! smile.png

Edited by dragonfly94

damn harden up and. Grab a drink

Perhaps this is the problem? That some of these old groaners are no longer physically capable or hardening up for anything and therefore are bitter and frustrated, irritated by everyone and everything going on around them.

• Like 2

You think it's just TV? Go on any forum in the world and you'll see similar knee jerk reactions and childish name calling. It's just the nature of being able to say (write) whatever you want in a relatively unchecked environment.

Maybe to some degree, but the American Harley forum has guys who are really polite. You might expect the opposite, and expect a bunch of hardened knotheads, but most Harley owners are successful and happy and "normal" and don't live up to the stereotype.

I think there is indeed something odd about a lot of expats in Thailand.

• Like 2

You think it's just TV? Go on any forum in the world and you'll see similar knee jerk reactions and childish name calling. It's just the nature of being able to say (write) whatever you want in a relatively unchecked environment.

Maybe to some degree, but the American Harley forum has guys who are really polite. You might expect the opposite, and expect a bunch of hardened knotheads, but most Harley owners are successful and happy and "normal" and don't live up to the stereotype.

I think there is indeed something odd about a lot of expats in Thailand.

I think there is indeed something odd about a lot of expats in Thailand. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif understatement of the year NeverSure, you just slammed the nail right on the head..

• Like 1

Many bitter old guys stuck in the village have nothing better to do than be keyboard warriors. They can be pedantic and grammar nazis too. Sad lonely lives. I used to enjoy thaivisa but the bitterness and negativity is wearing on me also. There are some very good posters, i.e. canarysun is one that always inspire me though.

What about me?

• Like 1

Yes i have also offended a few with completely innocuous posts. Very Territorial some of them, say something lukewarm about their adopted hometown and they're shaking with rage with a rolled up Daily Mail in their hand

They must have been looking at your avatar.

What about me?

For all we know, Canarysun inspires you too.

Or maybe it's Transam's choice selection of music and comedy that inspires you.

We could speculate all day, but as Ray French would say, 'speculation is pointless'

... talking of which -

I expect, like me, you're looking forward to the start of Superleague on Thursday, when Wigan travel down the road to Widnes

SC

What about me?

For all we know, Canarysun inspires you too.

Or maybe it's Transam's choice selection of music and comedy that inspires you.

We could speculate all day, but as Ray French would say, 'speculation is pointless'

... talking of which -

I expect, like me, you're looking forward to the start of Superleague on Thursday, when Wigan travel down the road to Widnes

SC

Who's Ray French? I don't know about Tran's music, I've never heard him sing yet, though his comedy's not too bad. The only league I'm interested in is the Scottish Premiership and Celtic.