Thai consumer price index drops for first time since 2009

webfact

CPI in January drops for first time since 2009

2-2-2558-16-03-38-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Consumer price index (CPI) in January 2015 fell for the first time in five years since September 2009 to 106.2 points, dropping 0.41% year-on-year and 0.59% from December due to fall in global oil prices and fresh food.

Inspector-general of the Ministry of Commerce Mr Somkiat Triratpan said today that the CPI declined for the first time in five years and four months.

A survey by the ministry of 450 items showed that prices of 188 items rose, 162 stayed unchanged, and 100 decreased.

Prices of consumer products, excluding food and alcohol-free beverages, decreased by 0.83% from December and by 1.86% year-on-year to 102.21, while the prices of food and alcohol-free beverages fell 0.14% from December, but rose 2.34% year-on-year to 113.03 points.

Meanwhile retail oil prices, electricity charges and prices of some high-demand meat, fruit and vegetables in January also decreased.

He forecasted CPI would range from 1.8 to 2.5% throughout the whole year.

But the Commerce Ministry would review annual inflation again in March as it foresaw oil prices might not decline further.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cpi-january-drops-first-time-since-2009

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-02

For all these decreases in prices why did all the vendors increase their prices and why haven't I seen anything at all in prices decreased? Just gas for cars but a few satang I think.

You on drugs, bro. blink.png Gasohol 95 now under 27 Baht. A year ago, 35 Baht. Fuel costs make up over 10% of my monthly spend. Most families the same. This is imported disinflationary pressure. These stats looking true to me.

I was unaware that the price of Electricity has decreased...have i missed something?

I believe the FTA charge which makes up part of the electricity price has a component which is linked to the oil price. So, oil price decrease has a lowering effect on FTA charge which lowers cost of 'leccy. Could be very small though.

For all these decreases in prices why did all the vendors increase their prices and why haven't I seen anything at all in prices decreased? Just gas for cars but a few satang I think.

You on drugs, bro. blink.png Gasohol 95 now under 27 Baht. A year ago, 35 Baht. Fuel costs make up over 10% of my monthly spend. Most families the same. This is imported disinflationary pressure. These stats looking true to me.

I think you are talking about gasahol 91. 2 days ago I paid 35 baht for 95.

You must be living in Luang Namtha or you were scammed, man. If you paid that you were taken down big time by the scam masters. You been had. tongue.png

You must be living in Luang Namtha or you were scammed, man. If you paid that you were taken down big time by the scam masters. You been had. tongue.png

It's 35 in my city in the south also

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Paid for a bottle of cooking gas 440 bath yesterday, I thought it was 400 bath a half year ago. So somehow I'm confused, as I believed oil and gas prices move somehow similar.

Yes I paid 420 couple of weeks ago and the last one was only 370 - the gf checked social media and lots of people confirmed it had gone up..........

gasohol 91 is now 25,77 I paid 38 in may smile.png

Agree with the new lower price. It has been coming down regularly over the last 4 months or so.

Dude, you still on drugs. That just ain't true. You full of it. Why do you tell such blatant lies.

Dude, you still on drugs. That just ain't true. You full of it. Why do you tell such blatant lies.

Just been to fill up with diesel - 25.06.

Specifically looked at price Gasohol 95 and it is 26.57 (or .67 or similar) but definitely under 27 baht. This is in Pattaya.

Specifically looked at price Gasohol 95 and it is 26.57 (or .67 or similar) but definitely under 27 baht. This is in Pattaya.

Diesel is 30 baht here and gasohol is 35. Maybe change is slow here

It was always a couple of baht dearer in the north east whenever I have travelled up there but those prices are positively retarded. Have they come down from more elevated highs however - IE last year were they 3-4 baht dearer?

yes but it should be like 17 Baht