Phuket police hunt driver of hit and run vehicle

webfact

Phuket police hunt driver of hit and run vehicle
Eakkapop Thongtub

1422866949_1-org.jpg
The damaged Honda Scoopy was found about 50 meters away from Mr Pairat's body.

PHUKET: -- Police are currently hunting the driver of a vehicle which collided with a motorcycle this morning (February 2) leaving one person dead and another injured.

At 7.15am, Maj Rachan Panwai, an investigator from Phuket City police, and Kusolharm rescuers were called to the scene of the accident infront of the entrance to The Royal Residence on Chalermprakeat Rd in Rassada.

Upon arrival, police found the body of the deceased, identified as Pairat Rungpein, 61, lying in the road in a pool of blood. The other injured man was sitting on the roadside, and a damaged Honda Scoopy motorcycle was found about 50 meters away.

Both the men are reported to have worked as security guards at the K.T Company.

A witness told police that he saw the two men on the motorcycle driving into oncoming traffic on Chalermprakeat Rd. The motorcyle collided with a vehicle which was driving on the inside lane.

The witness was unable to state the make, model or colour of the vehicle.

The impact of the collision caused the motorbike to bounce 50 meters down the road, and Mr Pairat, who was the passenger, was killed instantly having suffered a broken neck.

The car involved in the collision failed to stop after the incident and sped away towards the Toyota Pearl intersection on Thepkasttri Rd in Koh Kaew.

Police are currently looking at CCTV footage from the area to see if they can identify the vehicle.

Rescue workers took Mr Pairat's body and the survivor to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-hunt-driver-of-hit-and-run-vehicle-50846.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-02-02

Thai-ness in action. I've never been a country where so many drivers flee from accidents. Where is their conscience?

They don't trust the law. Surprise!!coffee1.gif

I would say they don't trust their fellow countrymen to leave them alone and wait for the BIB to take action. They're afraid to be beaten up.

A witness told police that he saw the two men on the motorcycle driving into oncoming traffic on Chalermprakeat Rd. The motorcyle collided with a vehicle which was driving on the inside lane.

As it appears the deceased and friend were ghost riders, the car driver would most likely be found to have not offended.

Makes you wonder why he ran, and why he has not subsequently come forward.

Thai-ness in action. I've never been a country where so many drivers flee from accidents. Where is their conscience?

Must have been a Thai, drunk Falang drivers involved in accidents wait for the police.

As it appears the deceased and friend were ghost riders, the car driver would most likely be found to have not offended.

If he was drunk he still would be in trouble. Those idiots on the wrong side of the road get no respect from me. I always wondered how much trouble someone would be in if he accidentally hit one of those. That is why i got a dashcam in the car.

• Like 2

I would say they don't trust their fellow countrymen to leave them alone and wait for the BIB to take action. They're afraid to be beaten up.

If that is the case they could have reported themselves at the police station.

Must have been a Thai, drunk Falang drivers involved in accidents wait for the police.

We had one incident here last year when a falang fled the scene.

He was caught a few hundred metres away, too drunk to go further.

If that is the case they could have reported themselves at the police station.

Yes, agree, and that could have happened. With the quality and timing of reporting here it is very well possible the driver has reported himself.

If he was drunk he still would be in trouble. Those idiots on the wrong side of the road get no respect from me. I always wondered how much trouble someone would be in if he accidentally hit one of those. That is why i got a dashcam in the car.

I was in an accident here with somebody who rode his bike on the wrong side of the road. He gave me a big mouth so I decided to call the police. End of a very quick and short story: he was to blame because he rode on the wrong side of the road, and had to reimburse my insurance company (which was represented at the spot of course), to be deducted from his salary by his employer already.

• Like 1

I was in an accident here with somebody who rode his bike on the wrong side of the road. He gave me a big mouth so I decided to call the police. End of a very quick and short story: he was to blame because he rode on the wrong side of the road, and had to reimburse my insurance company (which was represented at the spot of course), to be deducted from his salary by his employer already.

This is a good example, if all police would act this correct way, no fleeing would happen. The fact is, it doesn't always goes correct.