Siam Paragon explosion 'will not affect tourism in the long term'

webfact

Fortunately, I think they are right, tourism is rarely affected by such things. The bombing was miniscule compared to bombings in other areas (Bali, London, Madrid) and nothing compared to the violence in Bangkok in 2010 and 2014.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I hate the way they always equate Tourist numbers with Money. It shows just how they view their visitors,

You should consider where you are reading your news. If you read a financial newspaper then they will talk about events in terms of financial impact -- not much different than reading expat/English news. Then again, not like news in every country and governments don't consider financial impact of things.

Not really the report I was taking issue with , its TAT or whatever Tourist authority is making the statement always turn tourist figures into currency. I really do think as well that some tourist areas in Thailand do the same thing , Tourists are just cash cows to be fleeced

Get real. Tourism is a business. What business is not about making money?

• Like 1

`According to Ittirit Kinglake, president of the Tourism Council of Thailand (TCT), tourism operators were not too worried about the bomb attack as they believe the incident was not meant to cause much damage, but just to annoy people.`

That is some truly scary thinking.

I hate the way they always equate Tourist numbers with Money. It shows just how they view their visitors,

Tourism generates foreign exchange and keeps the Baht competitive. The Thai's have never been interested in Tourist per se,only in the cash they bring. The problem with Chinese tourist is that they are on tight budgets and can never match the spending power of the rest of the World.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The introduction of a Junta , the introduction of Marshall Law , , monitoring of mobile phones , internet providers introducing the own censorship ,L.M. restrictions , freedom of speech and media restrictions and a few Murders just to name a few hasn't stopped tourists according to TAT figures, so why should a few bombs going off worry them.coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4 width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

Exactly. Why they will soon declare Thailand as another hub - "The Hub of Excitement and all round fun".

Why undertake base jumping, cliffclimbing and other hazardous sports when every thing you need is here in Thailand ? They could market it in such a way people will want to come here to risk:-

1) Being scammed by the largest organized crime syndicate in the world ( RTP )

2) Fun to avoid possibly being shot by the RTP's stray bullets as they miss their targets

3) Perhaps avoiding shrapnel by those "bombs" planted by ????

4) Fun avoiding being murdered on some island and the RTP claiming it is the Burmese

5) Fun trying to avoid having your necklace snatched in Pattaya

6) Fun trying to book a first class seat on Thai airways when generally they are full of Thai employees or government freeloaders

7) Fun counting motorcyclists riding the wrong way down a one way street that they nearly knock you down

8) Fun counting how many RTP do 8 above

Yes there is so much fun to be had here the hotels are going to be full, the airport will be even more chaotic but hey, enjoy the fun.

However if you do not want so much fun , perhaps only a little enjoyment, then I suggest you give the thieves alleys like Bangkok, Pattaya etc a miss. Just go North to the countryside where the locals still embrace you as a friend and look after you. Bangkokians and other intellectually challenged HISOs are known to consider those folk as stupid. Well they are not that stupid to understand that Thailand is slowly slipping on the"countries to visit list" because of all this "Fun"

U Keeep Dis Up and we place U in re-programming project, New Railway to Burma 1944 style. Happiness all Awound. cheesy.gif