Pattaya Prostitution and Human Trafficking Bar Crackdowns continue

webfact

I never thought things like prostitution happened in Pattaya. I am learning every day.

It's just propaganda,there is no prostitution in Thailand especially Pattaya ,in fact walking st is just that a place to walk and get exercise,just like soi 6 is mainly young ladies learning to knit and do maqrami.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well, shutting down the place for at least 30 days will certainly shake things up a bit.

True , but all the others will go very quiet until the raids stop and then start up again
Its joke any way, the establishments are warned before they arrive, just like in MBK the merchants are warned about police so all businesses stop for a while then starts again as soon as the police leaves

But what is the point, Thailand becomes 3rd world and irrelevant if all these so called illegal stuff stops anyway

Most gogos, bars and massage places in Pattaya operate legally. Don't worry.

with the closure of the Heaven Gentleman’s Lounge prostitution is now ended in Pattaya. It has been rumored that some it still goes on in Jom Tien at times but this should be the end of it for once and for all.wub.png

yeah I agree. Its all over. Finished and dead. Now I can get back to my normal lifestyle without the threat to be drag in to such bad places. But Jimbolai if you hear of any rumors can you let me know.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It'l be news when the BIB raid Thai brothels where they keep young teen aged girls chained to their beds by fear and coercion, Falangs don't get near these places.

They will never raid their own places, cos Thais don't do that sort of thing...it's farang who do bad things in Thailand. LOL!

Pity, cos like you say, most of the girls in their places are underage.

See underlined - And you know this how? Any chance you have a link to some facts to prove your statement.................................. coffee1.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

It is quite easy to see when you walk past and notice that most of the girls there are in their early or mid teens. No need to be a rocket scientist.

Aside from that, if you have Thai friends ask them. They will tell you 15 is a typical age for those types of places. That is also generally considered to be the age of consent here among Thais, but let's not get into the complicated laws and loopholes they have for that here.

Edited by EmptyHead

Weren't there a lot of posters the other day which claimed that the new crack down doesn't affect Pattaya and bars catering to foreigners?

Find me 5 Farang - any 5 - in Pattaya who claim to have even been in this establishment, much less paid for company, and I'll lend some credence to your question. There is a whole other world outside the nightlife strip in central Pattaya that few of us even venture into and some of it is serious 'Isaan hillbilly' territory - I dont know the Soi in question but there are several within easy walking distance of Big C Extra at my end of Paradise City that I wouldnt be keen on walking into at night. Someone mentioned that this is 'a little bit out of the way' - from my POV Soi Kasetsin 11 may as well be in Rayong. I think this is the same area where a Finnish guy was stabbed to death on a public soi in broad daylight by his live-in girlfriend - to my knowledge, she was never apprehended. Think happy thoughts ;)

Officers began the night at the Heaven Gentleman’s Lounge in Soi Kasetsin 11 off the Pratamnuk Road in South Pattaya following information regarding possible illegal activities which were taking place at the venue.

I spent several hours in Soi Made in Thailand last night without seeing a single cop, and it was the same story as I meandered down New Plaza on my way back to my abode. As others have mentioned, raids are nothing new in the Farang bars here, but until I see rows of Farang outside a venue being asked for their passports I'll pass on the 'he said, she said' hype around this crackdown.

(Edit - the Finn died further south - Suksabai Villa - apologies to those who live in the vicinity of the gentleman's lounge in question)