fully booked online visa renewal

winstonc

I've always been able to get an on-line appointment. You can book up to 30 days in advance. Simply count out 130 days ahead of your expiration date and that's when you start to check the on-line queue for openings. They "roll" the calendar at midnight, Chiang Mai time. Either stay up late or get up really early to check their system. Do it for 4 or 5 days in a row, starting 130 days out and you'll get an appointment. Never fails.

Actually you can book up to 45 days in advance. So start 145 days out.

Immigration told me 30 days prior.. I really needed to travel doing the appointment earlier than 30 days would have been much better for me.. Flat out told no 30 days..

This last yeah I was about 26 days and even then they didnt like it.. "ohh very early.. should be closer to" etc..

I did mine last week at the 40 day mark. No special circumstances.

Edited by mesquite

Odd.. Because I went and begged..

Also seen it repeated 10s of times in the visa forum, that you can only apply up to 30 days before the end of your current extension of stay..

Again.. No consistency.. I would be worried if I booked the appointment to be told "no sorry come back in 2 weeks" at which stage you cant book online again..

At least you CM guys have an online booking option.

Phuket has reached the queue up before opening to get out mid afternoon scenario.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-Immigration-launches-online-queue-oneyear-visas/17992#ad-image-0

Phuket system not working ??

Nope.

Early December we arrived at 9.10am got #24 for long-term extensions ( now separate upstairs).

With 5 desk officers they had processed #12 by lunchtime - <deleted> for the "efficiency renovations".

We finished at 3.30 and "no more numbers" to get the re-entry permit downstairs which was a moot point as we were told to "come back tomorrow to pick up passport".