fully booked online visa renewal

winstonc

any advise for getting my visa marriage renewal.its fully booked im due 20th may,booked..went back every day for a month still fully booked.rang immigration today 3rd.they said turn up tomorrow at 6.00 a,m, and book an appointment at the office is this correct.and if yes why so early please advise many thanks guys..

They obviously didn't understand you.

Sounds like they are saying turn up tomorrow for an appointment same day.

What time of day do you try the online appt system?

thanks for the reply..no they are saying turn up to book an appointment for the near futur.i havnt done my 90 yet.for march..i still dont get the 6.oo a.m. thing though it says opening times 8.30.a.m.

thanks for the reply..no they are saying turn up to book an appointment for the near futur.i havnt done my 90 yet.for march..i still dont get the 6.oo a.m. thing though it says opening times 8.30.a.m.

The 6am thing is when people start queuing (sometimes earlier 4am) for a number to be seen that day, so it doesn't make sense. Go along at 6am if you feel confident, I'm sure there are lots of people waiting to see how you get on.

They are telling you to be there at 06:00 because that's when people show up to stand in line to get a number to do the extension on the same day. Pretty sure uptheos has it right.

Given that people seem very willing (and oh so willing to tell everyone about it) to pay 5000 baht to an agent for not much more than booking a slot..

For anyone whose usually awake at midnight.. Simply booking one slot a week, and reselling that slot, to people who cant remember to book in advance or make their own.. Seems a easy little process..

How much is it worth not to be there at at 6am with the hordes ??

Given that people seem very willing (and oh so willing to tell everyone about it) to pay 5000 baht to an agent for not much more than booking a slot..

For anyone whose usually awake at midnight.. Simply booking one slot a week, and reselling that slot, to people who cant remember to book in advance or make their own.. Seems a easy little process..

I've always managed to get a slot since the online process started

However, to answer your question, I absolutely refuse to go there at 5/6am and would do what I have to instead.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 2

How would you sell a queue online slot that requires a name, nationality, and visa extension type before obtaining it? Just asking.

• Like 1

I've always been able to get an on-line appointment. You can book up to 30 days in advance. Simply count out 130 days ahead of your expiration date and that's when you start to check the on-line queue for openings. They "roll" the calendar at midnight, Chiang Mai time. Either stay up late or get up really early to check their system. Do it for 4 or 5 days in a row, starting 130 days out and you'll get an appointment. Never fails.

• Like 1

I booked two slots more by mistake than luck for this month,my mate could not get a slot for the day id booked two,as he had left it well to late to book, so he was lucky and made up to take one off my hands,

How would you sell a queue online slot that requires a name, nationality, and visa extension type before obtaining it? Just asking.

Many report they dont care as long as the slot is booked you quote the booking ref and thats all they want..

Not like I am going to bother doing it.. But a free thing that seems so in demand.. Silly really.

after advise from uptheos i can say i got my booking last night.1201.a.m.maybe very lucky but done none the less...why does it have to be stressy.(well for me anyway)...is it payback time for us..or a sense of superiority.for them you decide..thanks for the advise uptheos.a happy but tired man today...

after advise from uptheos i can say i got my booking last night.1201.a.m.maybe very lucky but done none the less...why does it have to be stressy.(well for me anyway)...is it payback time for us..or a sense of superiority.for them you decide..thanks for the advise uptheos.a happy but tired man today...

Nice to hear a success story.

• Like 1

Well done mate I'm happy for you, it can't be much fun for those unlucky enough not to have an appointment.

You might be tired, but it would have been worse getting up at 4am, with nowhere to get a bagel and coffee. biggrin.png

• Like 1

after advise from uptheos i can say i got my booking last night.1201.a.m.maybe very lucky but done none the less...why does it have to be stressy.(well for me anyway)...is it payback time for us..or a sense of superiority.for them you decide..thanks for the advise uptheos.a happy but tired man today.

Nope.....no stress, no 'payback', no 'sense of superiority'....

We, as expats, are guests in Thailand, and that is the system that Immigration use. It obviously works for them, so it's up to us to go with it!

You needed advice...you got it...acted upon it...and got your appointment! Where's the stress in that?

I've always been able to get an on-line appointment. You can book up to 30 days in advance. Simply count out 130 days ahead of your expiration date and that's when you start to check the on-line queue for openings. They "roll" the calendar at midnight, Chiang Mai time. Either stay up late or get up really early to check their system. Do it for 4 or 5 days in a row, starting 130 days out and you'll get an appointment. Never fails.

Actually you can book up to 45 days in advance. So start 145 days out.

• Like 2

Many report they dont care as long as the slot is booked you quote the booking ref and thats all they want..

Not like I am going to bother doing it.. But a free thing that seems so in demand.. Silly really.

If what you say is correct then agents can take all of the slots on a daily basis even if they don't have clients yet. Maybe that's why it's so difficult to get a slot.

• Like 1

Nice to hear a success story.

Congrats ,have done the same myself for 2 years, and reported it back to this forum. I also reported that a while back I was being processed and at the next desk to me a girl, an Agent's rep ,she in fact confirmed that to me, processed at least 2 renewals she didn't have a slot appointment but its seems to be standard practice.That's the arrangement they apparently have.While the staff all appear to be busy there's always a couple filling in time.

It is a bit stressy getting the appointment but hey 5,000 baht saved and ES probably has problem staying up to midnight, way past his bed time.

If what you say is correct then agents can take all of the slots on a daily basis even if they don't have clients yet. Maybe that's why it's so difficult to get a slot.

But they can only take them if working in conjunction with immigration.

There's loads of people with finger on the button at midnight so they couldn't take all the slots without inside help.

• Like 1

Actually you can book up to 45 days in advance. So start 145 days out.

Immigration told me 30 days prior.. I really needed to travel doing the appointment earlier than 30 days would have been much better for me.. Flat out told no 30 days..

This last yeah I was about 26 days and even then they didnt like it.. "ohh very early.. should be closer to" etc..