Pheu Thai party tells US impeachment against Ms Yingluck illegal

webfact

Pheu Thai party tells US impeachment against Ms Yingluck illegal

3-2-2558-15-30-40-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Pheu Thai party has submitted a letter to the US administration through its embassy in Bangkok to clarify that the entire impeachment process against former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra by the National Legislative Assembly was unlawful.

Mr Ruangkrai Leekitwattana, a member of the party’s legal team, said Tuesday that the letter would point out that the NLA which was appointed by the military junta did not represent the Thai people and, therefore, was not eligible to impeach Ms Yingluck.

Also, he claimed that the Democrat party’s petition seeking Ms Yingluck’s impeachment was unlawful because it was signed by former Democrat MPs without details about their residences and ID card numbers which were required by the NACC act.

Mr Ruangkrai further said that the Thai-style impeachment process against Ms Yingluck was different from the US impeachment process because all the NLA members were appointed while the US congressmen were elected.

(Photo : Thai PBS File)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pheu-thai-party-tells-us-impeachment-ms-yingluck-illegal

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-03

• Like 2

And what the HELL has this to do with the USA? Purely a domestic affair.

I guess you've never heard of the term "seeking political asylum".....?

Ms. Yingluck didn't ask permission yet to leave the country rolleyes.gif

Since Ruangkrai Leekitwattana is a member of the Pheu Thai legal team may I assume that the letter contains a wee bit more than just "I tell you so" ? References to legal documents, laws and so?

Thailand has been, up until now, a client regime of the United States. The politically naïve Generalissimo has failed to recognise this simple fact. The United States may have quietly supported the coup in Egypt, but Thailand is not Egypt. If he continues on the course currently set .........

• Like 1

I wouldn't want this clown as my lawyer.

Although he is well suited to be a lawyer for PTP, a party of clowns.

Mind you he was able to acculumate money for himself

Before assuming office, Ruangkrai had Bt120 million in assets but exited after 3 years with Bt154 million.

His two suspicious bank accounts grew from Bt400,000 to Bt7.6 million and from Bt62,000 to Bt1.7 million respectively.

His saving bonds doubled from Bt33 million to Bt66 million.

The USA knows it was illegal. Total sham.

M.Bob, Are you suggesting that the USA have no idea how the Thai country was being governed under PTP, ?? The PTP although elected, did NOT govern as they swore under oath to do.

Do you think people are that stupid not to understand this.

Most of the Thais were. Especially in the north

M.Bob, Are you suggesting that the USA have no idea how the Thai country was being governed under PTP, ?? The PTP although elected, did NOT govern as they swore under oath to do.

The US is well renowned for putting up with a defunct regime as long as they play ball comply with US interests in the region or have a commodity that they need.

As stated on another thread - everyone should watch the BBC program "Bitter Lake" and you will see exactly were the USA has lead the world down the shtr these past 70 years - it is quite astounding

Mango Bob post # 5

The USA knows it was illegal. Total sham

The USA knows it was illegal. Total sham

Indeed words from the wise,

The U.S.A knows many of its actions were illegal and all a total sham cloaked under the cloak of a false democratic action, exactly the same as the P.T.P. administrations activities.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Since Ruangkrai Leekitwattana is a member of the Pheu Thai legal team may I assume that the letter contains a wee bit more than just "I tell you so" ? References to legal documents, laws and so?

Yep, probably comments like 'she really is a nice girl and she comes from a famous scaly family you know'.

And she's a graduate from an American uni so surely that helps to convince that the process was illegal, as they try to claim.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thailand has been, up until now, a client regime of the United States. The politically naïve Generalissimo has failed to recognise this simple fact. The United States may have quietly supported the coup in Egypt, but Thailand is not Egypt. If he continues on the course currently set .........

8 posts, another mango, what rubbish you post. But like several newby always negative nothing constructive, often untruthful posters, it keeps you post count up.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

I keep saying this.... It is time the Junta stopped with this stupid softly softly approach with these sh*it stirring idiots and start throwing them in prison.

Their kid glove attitude adjustment approach is making them a laughing stock, and it frightens nobody.

Get tough, ban the PTP MPs that are causing trouble.

I am suggesting that the USA knew the impeachment process was illegal. Can you read what I wrote and not try to add things to do. I never mention anything about how the country was being governed under PTP did I? In fact I never mention the PTP. So if you have something to add to my comments do so, but keep it in what I wrote and not make up something I never said.

Edited by Mango Bob
  • Like 2

This would not happen in my homeland in Mongolia, we are democratic not like here, going just like North Korea

## Its a long way to Ulaanbaatar

Its a long way to go.

Its long way to Ulaanbaatar

to the sweetest land I know

Good bye Rachadami farewell Siam square

Its long long way to Ulaanbaatar

But my heart is there##

• Like 1

I keep saying this.... It is time the Junta stopped with this stupid softly softly approach with these sh*it stirring idiots and start throwing them in prison.

Their kid glove attitude adjustment approach is making them a laughing stock, and it frightens nobody.

Get tough, ban the PTP MPs that are causing trouble.

Come on man, you don't need a whole prison, just a wall. If they had held a REAL 'damn-world-opinion' coup in 2006 Thailand would have been saved billions of baht and hundreds of lives. How man Ceaucescu's are trying to seize power in Rumania?

Edited by halloween