You Cant Walk To Walking Street

LOS NICK

newly installed railings have been put up along the sidewalks where you must cross beach road to enter walking street.

I was walking along the shopping side of beach road yesterday along with many other tourists when low and behold the railings blocked us from crossing over to walking street.

This area is also where baht buses drop off their passangers.

No pedestrian crossing anymore.

You must now follow beach road around towards second road and cross somewhere over there.

And low and behold once you cross at this point,which is near subway food store,there is no sidewalk on the other side to continue your walk to walking street.

This town has no regard for the walking tourist.

Your thoughts.........................................

This town has no regard for the walking tourist.

Your thoughts.........................................

You mean with regards to walking to Walking Street?

Well why should they? :o

Now if it was in regards to walking backwards for Christmas.... well that would be a totally different matter entirely.

regards

Mobi

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

I think they've done it to stop people crossing on the corner and as said to stop the wa*kers driving the baht buses from stopping on the corner.

I can't tell you how many times i've gone around the corner to have some <deleted> step out infront of me.

A proper crossing area is a good move i say. :o

try crossing to the other side of beach road, before those big bad railings ruin your holiday :o

True, but then you have to hold your nose as you walk past the stench from those putrid drains as you approach Walking Street. :D

I can't believe how bad the stench is there. I've noticed it in a few other areas also.

try crossing to the other side of beach road, before those big bad railings ruin your holiday :o

True, but then you have to hold your nose as you walk past the stench from those putrid drains as you approach Walking Street. :D

I can't believe how bad the stench is there. I've noticed it in a few other areas also.

Well there is a Water treatment works right there...or didn`t you notice?...its the large building adjacent to the spot where the old wooden pier used to be.

You will get these smells from time to time....it`s the heat you know.....but compared to 25 years ago walking along the Beach Road to-day is akin to a meander in a perfume shop. :D

I think they've done it to stop people crossing on the corner and as said to stop the wa*kers driving the baht buses from stopping on the corner.

I can't tell you how many times i've gone around the corner to have some <deleted> step out infront of me.

A proper crossing area is a good move i say. :D

For once it seems that Pattaya City Council have actually made a good decision, whatever LOST NICKERS thinks.

Good for them :o

A proper crossing area is a good move i say. :D

For once it seems that Pattaya City Council have actually made a good decision, whatever LOST NICKERS thinks.

Good for them :o

I have to agree......very busy corner and needed sorting.

Well there is a Water treatment works right there...or didn`t you notice?...its the large building adjacent to the spot where the old wooden pier used to be.

You will get these smells from time to time....it`s the heat you know.....but compared to 25 years ago walking along the Beach Road to-day is akin to a meander in a perfume shop. :D

Its not a water treatment center, its just a pumping station, it uses macerator pumps to grind up everything that gets put down the toilet/kitchen sinks/resturants/any foul water/storm water drains and its the major pumping station for the whole of Pattaya, it then it pumps it a supposed 2 miles off shore

At the outlet, the fishing is very good and some good sized fish can be caught, its all that 'free food' that attracts them :D

It smells just like the sanitation block at any major airport :D

Good idea on the railings though, but I thought there was actually a crossing there, not that means much in Pattya, you take your life in your hands everytime you dare cross a road :D

At the outlet, the fishing is very good and some good sized fish can be caught, its all that 'free food' that attracts them :D

Well thanks very much !!!!! :o:D

Fish, crabs, lobster, prawns are now off my menu. From now on I'll just have to eat more wiener schnitzel. :D

Its called 'recycling' :D you only get out what you put in,

I think we may find something about weiner schnitzel as well, you may just be having rice or beer :D

DONT FORGET YOU MUST WALK TO WALKING STREET AT NITE.The street is closed to motor traffic.

You guys dont seem to get out much..That spot is a major crossing to walking street..the walking traffic is huge over there..the baht buses drop off on the shopping side of beach road..

Not everyone is walking along the beachside hunting hookers. and besides there is no sidewalk when the beach ends.only street to walk.

At some point on beach road you have to cross to get to walking street.noone drives into walking street at nite..YOU MUST WALK..To eliminate that crossing and not have an alternative crossing solves nothing.

A pedestrian bridge or a policeman directing walking and motor traffic could help.

Now let's get this straight.

The brains at City Hall have installed railings so that people now have to cross to where there is NO SIDEWALK, and this is supposed to be a safety measure?

Wouldn't it have been more intelligent to install a set of traffic signals, maybe only to be used at night when the area is busiest, and allow people 20 or 30 seconds to cross in safety every couple of minutes???

It's not exactly rocket science, is it.

This country never ceases to amaze me.

Now let's get this straight.

The brains at City Hall have installed railings so that people now have to cross to where there is NO SIDEWALK, and this is supposed to be a safety measure?

Wouldn't it have been more intelligent to install a set of traffic signals, maybe only to be used at night when the area is busiest, and allow people 20 or 30 seconds to cross in safety every couple of minutes???

It's not exactly rocket science, is it.

This country never ceases to amaze me.

And they are really going to take notice of traffic lights :o ,

You can walk to Walking Street but you have to buy 3 <deleted> suits on the way there. :D

:D Na Tony I think we are all missing the point on this one. The owners of bars No 1 No2 No 3 No 4 in Siren Bar have paid for the railings! :D

This way all the people who you used to cross the road are now funnelled down past these four beer bars and will have their egos inflated to "HELLO HANDSOME" "WELCOME!" :o "SIT DOWN"

Should see a sharp increase in trade as punters go into these to avoid buying the 3 suits :D

uh oh ..... now Pattaya Fox has to cross further down near the lady-boys! :o

Interesting to note that you seem to know where they are..Hey! Ho! :D

I learn fromthe best! <rather I see the roundups listed on here and see people SCREAM about them!> :D

All it would take to make sense of that corner is to take one BIB off the helmet brigade for 6 hours a night and direct traffic! When traffic backs up at the Second Road light just stop traffic and let the pedestrians through. When traffic clears, let the cars off Beach Road have a go at it!

The railings will only get people killed trying to cross the street farther up on Beach Road or Pattaya Tai. Even when the baht buses are backed-up and at a standstill on Beach Road you take your life in your hands trying to cross avoiding the blessed motos in between!

It will take two officers the first few weeks (one to direct traffic and another to write citations for violators!) but it wouldn't take much to safely get the people across and on to their business. And put up a sign telling people to WAIT for the direction of the officer! Perhaps a third officer to write citations for that as well? This could be a real moneymaker for the BIB! Why haven't they thought of this?

But they'll never do it right............

~WISteve

I am sure that in the future there will be endless committee meetings as the implications of this huge alteration to Pattaya`s pedestrian traffic flow filters through the passageways of City Hall. In the meantime the crossing will probably be repainted and the railings left where they are thus ensuring that the weary pedestrian gets his/her daily portion of excercise at no extra charge. :o

2 New Pattaya sports

Hurdle....

post-2109-1156683460_thumb.jpg

Limbo... ( sorry just a bit too late on that photo to catch the limbo )

post-2109-1156683496_thumb.jpg

What a stupid idea :D to put railings there...now everyone will walk in the road if they intend to get to Walking Street :o TiT.

2 New Pattaya sports

Hurdle....

post-2109-1156683460_thumb.jpg

Limbo... ( sorry just a bit too late on that photo to catch the limbo )

post-2109-1156683496_thumb.jpg

What a stupid idea :D to put railings there...now everyone will walk in the road if they intend to get to Walking Street :o TiT.

1. The only guy who's happy with those railings is the guy who made them :D

2. Did you notice that YELLOW sign just below the arch (Walking street) saying:

"INTERNATIONAL MEETING STREET" :D

So right that sign is................!

LaoPo