Sok An’s son touts his experience, education

geovalin

The National Assembly confirmed in a statement yesterday that Sok Sokan, the son of Deputy Prime Minister Sok An, will officially replace former minister of posts and telecommunications So Khun, who died last month, as a representative for Takeo province when the assembly is back in session.

The 31-year-old, who ran as a lawmaker in Takeo in 2013, was selected during the ruling CPP’s national congress this weekend. Although allegations of nepotism have been made following the congress – more than a dozen children of top ruling party officials were added to the CPP’s powerful central committee – Sokan yesterday explained that he has several years of experience in “government affairs” and a number of well-regarded academic qualifications.

Sokan holds a bachelor of commerce from Melbourne University, a masters in public policy from the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy in Singapore and a masters in public administration from Columbia University in New York, he said.

He declined to comment in detail on the current generational shift in the CPP. “I have not sworn-in yet and therefore I don’t want to comment about political issues, but I have four years experience in government affairs” and expertise in commerce, he said.

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/sok-ans-son-touts-his-experience-education

phnom_penh_post.png