Thai Expat TV - Can you set it up by yourself?

bkkgooner

Its real time....and no, that doesnt make it 'bloody useless' its makes it 'bloody free' and offers exactly the same as Excrap TV. The fact that its realtime doesnt bother me at all. I watch BBC news live on it...the rugby will be live on it.......I could even stay up till 1:00 am Thai time to watch Coronation Street if I wanted....but I choose not to. There....I just saved myself 600 Baht again this month.....

You're an idiot if you think saving 600b a month is worth NOT having the convenience of watching what you want when you want!

Cheapskate!

Much of the Expat TV is from BBC and ITV channels. These services have free play on demand players from their own servers allowing you to rerun last seven days programs. There are even some very useful addons for Kodi to achieve this for free. 600THB isn't much tho so I agree the convenience is useful very occasionally, but I have decided to drop it now they don't take Paypal.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Maige TV and like it.

+1. The MaigeTV is the best overall box of it's type - 100's of live streaming channels with 7-day replay, and almost Netflix like VOD with thousands of movies and TV shows - and it just works.

However, it doesn't carry very much British content aside from the odd movie and the latest Top gear episodes - so perhaps not "the cup of tea" for people reading this thread, and all content titles + sub titles are in Chinese - but you soon get over that.

If your flavor is American, Chinese, Japanese or Korean, it's the box to beat. period.

Not strictly true, the channel list is huge and includes BBC News, BBC Entrtainment, BBC Lifestyle, Sky News, Sky Sports 1-5 and both BT sports channels. If you are a sporty type then this box is for you, full range of sports available including Premier League live on at least four channels as well as presently the Rugby World Cup.

Its real time....and no, that doesnt make it 'bloody useless' its makes it 'bloody free' and offers exactly the same as Excrap TV. The fact that its realtime doesnt bother me at all. I watch BBC news live on it...the rugby will be live on it.......I could even stay up till 1:00 am Thai time to watch Coronation Street if I wanted....but I choose not to. There....I just saved myself 600 Baht again this month.....

You're an idiot if you think saving 600b a month is worth NOT having the convenience of watching what you want when you want!

Cheapskate!

Much of the Expat TV is from BBC and ITV channels. These services have free play on demand players from their own servers allowing you to rerun last seven days programs. There are even some very useful addons for Kodi to achieve this for free. 600THB isn't much tho so I agree the convenience is useful very occasionally, but I have decided to drop it now they don't take Paypal.

I agree the payment system now they don't take PayPal is wank.. But you can pay via Internet banking if you pay by the quarter.. This is what I will change to!