Petroleum bidding: NRC vote incurs Prayut's wrath

webfact

He really doesn't like any sort of opposition does he? Seriously, how do some Farangs here still think he's the right man for the job with his continued outbursts when people don't agree with him?

It is not true that he doesn't like any sort of opposition.

In fact he has always stated that he welcomes opinions of all people.

But in this job and the huge task he has undertaken has to be strong and voice his opinion.

He is not a politician to try and please other people, he only thinks and acts for the best of this country.

And please, don't pay much attention on this article written by anti government people, that without being present at the meeting they know all about his mood.

I still think he is the right man for the job and he will succeed.

I wonder what it would take for your sycophancy to end...coffee1.gif

He really doesn't like any sort of opposition does he? Seriously, how do some Farangs here still think he's the right man for the job with his continued outbursts when people don't agree with him?

It is not true that he doesn't like any sort of opposition.

In fact he has always stated that he welcomes opinions of all people.

But in this job and the huge task he has undertaken has to be strong and voice his opinion.

He is not a politician to try and please other people, he only thinks and acts for the best of this country.

And please, don't pay much attention on this article written by anti government people, that without being present at the meeting they know all about his mood.

I still think he is the right man for the job and he will succeed.

You think he is the right man for the job?

When has there ever been the right man to lead a military coup d'état that seizes control of a nation's government?

You are advocating on behalf of someone who has suspended civil liberties, and removed the right of the population to have a say in how the government is formed and run.

You say he will succeed. Well, he already has succeeded in what he set out to do. Unfortunately, his success does not translate into that of the nation.

You should check your history. Governments run by military juntas always lead to economic chaos and social disparity. The man has no formal training in public administration, economics, law or social policy. How can he succeed when he tries to run a government like an army battalion? He has probably realized by now that it is easier to be a general than to be the head of a government. . In the army one has the option of removing the elderly, the infirm, and the mentally deficient. A command officer is obeyed. However, a civil government has the obligation of caring for the elderly, the infirm and the mentally deficient. It also has a duty to listen and to accommodate minorities.

I don't like to copy and paste but for once more I have to express my opinion.

I have been accused by members of being a fascist and an admirer of Hitler.

I'm not and I do believe in real democracy.

But what is real democracy in Thailand?

Democracy is for people to be allowed to take over forests and public land to build resorts?

Democracy is to pay people for voting for either party?

Democracy is for corrupted people to show false accounts of rice that has been warehoused?

Democracy is for police to favour one party and ignore the rest of the people?

Democracy is......there are many things I could go on about that was happening in Thailand before this government.

Thailand is not ready for Democracy yet and does need a strong and determined man to guide them to their future.

I would like also to see democracy reinstated but not at the same terms as before that we had a mock of democracy.

The man will make mistakes, he is human after all, but I can't see anybody more capable at the moment to replace him.

Give him a chance, things already started looking better.

The same corruption is still going on. Your main point is that you prefer corruption under a facist government rather than a democratic government.

• Like 1

While talking with my friends (from all walks of life, young/old, rich/poor) I get the understanding that about 80% of them prefer Prayut to all the governments until before Thaksin. As some of them said "graft is a part of the Thai culture" but while Thaksin was in office it went from 10-15% up to 30-60% that a company had to pay to get a contract with a government agency or school. Today, after the coup they should not be able to continue this but as there are still people accepting and paying bribes it's not gone.

One big problem that has not change is the police, but as long as there are people thinks it's better to pay 500-1000 to the officer who stops them while drunk driving instead of the 20,000 fine they should pay then this will never end and the roads will not be safer!

But I do know that many school directors has less money in their pockets today...

While talking with my friends (from all walks of life, young/old, rich/poor) I get the understanding that about 80% of them prefer Prayut to all the governments until before Thaksin. As some of them said "graft is a part of the Thai culture" but while Thaksin was in office it went from 10-15% up to 30-60% that a company had to pay to get a contract with a government agency or school. Today, after the coup they should not be able to continue this but as there are still people accepting and paying bribes it's not gone.

One big problem that has not change is the police, but as long as there are people thinks it's better to pay 500-1000 to the officer who stops them while drunk driving instead of the 20,000 fine they should pay then this will never end and the roads will not be safer!

But I do know that many school directors has less money in their pockets today...

If the level of graft has actually gone down, then why has this not been reflected in lower overall costs for the infrastructure projects? Prayut made statements early on after his forceful takeover that 10-30% of the budget could be saved if corruption was reduced:

My intention is not to single out these organizations but just to give examples that cooperation is needed from such organizations to solve the conditions which are prone to corruption practices through policies and overpriced acquisitions. If we can eliminate corruption, we can save 10 – 30% of the state budget.

The 2015 budget was higher than the 2014 budget, and the estimated costs of the infrastructure projects have increased by 30%. Also, the first rail project was given to the Chinese under no-bid terms, which reflects very poorly on the promised "transparency" that was the buzzword for the first couple of months of the regime, and lends itself to massive corruption.

The graft that will come from the infrastructure projects will make the rice scheme inconsequential. Even if the unverified estimates of 100+ billion in corruption from the rice scheme are true, and we accept the current "10-15%" numbers, the graft from the infrastructure projects will be 300-450 billion baht. This has been the big prize all along.

• Like 1

If the level of graft has actually gone down, then why has this not been reflected in lower overall costs for the infrastructure projects? Prayut made statements early on after his forceful takeover that 10-30% of the budget could be saved if corruption was reduced:

My intention is not to single out these organizations but just to give examples that cooperation is needed from such organizations to solve the conditions which are prone to corruption practices through policies and overpriced acquisitions. If we can eliminate corruption, we can save 10 30% of the state budget.

The 2015 budget was higher than the 2014 budget, and the estimated costs of the infrastructure projects have increased by 30%. Also, the first rail project was given to the Chinese under no-bid terms, which reflects very poorly on the promised "transparency" that was the buzzword for the first couple of months of the regime, and lends itself to massive corruption.

The graft that will come from the infrastructure projects will make the rice scheme inconsequential. Even if the unverified estimates of 100+ billion in corruption from the rice scheme are true, and we accept the current "10-15%" numbers, the graft from the infrastructure projects will be 300-450 billion baht. This has been the big prize all along.

Oh no no. The prize is REFORM.?