Marriage visa!

Please can you tell me I am a UK citizen and want to come to Thailand on a 1 year o visa my wife is pregnant, do I apply for a multple visa or single entry? I read many things it is very confusing! I will not be working in Thailand but have big savings is this ok?! Any additional information would be helpful.

I suggest you get a single entry non-o visa and apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage if you are planning on staying here full time or even more than 90 days at time. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only or proof of 40k baht income.

A multiple entry visa requires you to leave the country every 90 days.

As Joe said, a Multiple Entry Non Imm O Visa would mean leaving the country every 90 days.
A 12 month extension obtained in Thailand would mean reporting to Immigration every 90 days.

A rough guide.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.
OR.
If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.
If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax receipts.
Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)
Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)
Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.
Your Passport.
Copies of everything.
Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.
A map showing the way to your house.
Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.
Take your Wife to be interviewed.
One or two witnesses may be required.
You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.
Go back in a month and get the remainder.

If applying within Thailand then the 40k monthly or 400k in the bank is valid.

If applying in the UK, you will need to show 800k!

I got a multi entry tourist visa, valid for six months and then opened a bank account in thailand, put 400k in the bank for a few months and then applied within thailand.

I did it this way as when we sold our house in the UK, we moved five days later, hence I could not show the 800k for three months.

The 800k scenario was valid five months ago, perhaps it's changed (again)

If applying within Thailand then the 40k monthly or 400k in the bank is valid.

If applying in the UK, you will need to show 800k!

I got a multi entry tourist visa, valid for six months and then opened a bank account in thailand, put 400k in the bank for a few months and then applied within thailand.

I did it this way as when we sold our house in the UK, we moved five days later, hence I could not show the 800k for three months.

The 800k scenario was valid five months ago, perhaps it's changed (again)

Where did you apply for it or who told you 800k baht for a s non-o visa based upon marriage.

There have been reports of getting them at the embassy in London going back for over a year now with no financial proof and that was for a multiple entry visa.