Benelli TNT300s

jchfriis

Dont think the Ducati is 139,000 Baht , and now the Benelli comes with free insurance . Would be nice though . Comparing similar priced / type of bikes makes sense . There will always be "better" bikes than yours at the traffic lights . Nice to hear about ABS for next year , this should not add too much cost . The CBS systems , im not keen on . Dont want to drag my rear brake through a corner , and have the front brake come on , sitting the bike up ! . No CBR 250/300 has ever , or ever will , "thunder" .cheesy.gif .

Dont think the Ducati is 139,000 Baht , and now the Benelli comes with free insurance . Would be nice though . Comparing similar priced / type of bikes makes sense . There will always be "better" bikes than yours at the traffic lights . Nice to hear about ABS for next year , this should not add too much cost . The CBS systems , im not keen on . Dont want to drag my rear brake through a corner , and have the front brake come on , sitting the bike up ! . No CBR 250/300 has ever , or ever will , "thunder" .cheesy.gif .

abs would be nice. it will also bring up the weight to 200kg.

agree, as I don't ride a 250/300 bike ;)

abs would be nice. it will also bring up the weight to 200kg.

and also bring the price up to about 155,000 baht

Edited by taichiplanet

I thought the weight was 185 KG , but yes , the ABS will add 2 , maybe 3 KG . No problem there , but a problem if it adds 16,000 Baht to the price . Yes , its a much better bike than the Hondas , but needs to be competitivley priced , say 145K .

• Like 1

I thought the weight was 185 KG , but yes , the ABS will add 2 , maybe 3 KG . No problem there , but a problem if it adds 16,000 Baht to the price . Yes , its a much better bike than the Hondas , but needs to be competitivley priced , say 145K .

185 kg is unladen (no fluids), once you put 16 litres of fuel and a couple litres of oil and water the actual weight will be close to 200 kgs.

Add ABS and it will be 204 kgs.

145k with ABS would be good, but the dealers would need to cut their profit to achieve that, more realistic would be 149k.

Edited by taichiplanet

• 2 weeks later...

Been living in bangkok now for 18 months, thought it was time i bought a bike. I live near rama 2 rd and there is no point having a biggish bike, traffic is horrible. Been riding bikes since i was 16 years and 9 months old and that was 43 years ago.

Did a lot of reading and looking before deciding to buy something. I love tinkering and thought one of those cheap chinese bikes would suit me. Bought a keeway superlight from samui for the right money and the friendly folk at Thailand Post shipped it for me.

Finished tinkering with it and its quite a good little bike now. It used to rev its poor little head off and with the gearing being 15 front and 41 rear with 15 inch tyres, its no wonder. Tried to get different factory sprockets and wasted 2 days of my life. Found a Thai bike tinkerer who made me a 16 tooth front and a 35 rear. perfect gearing now, it purrs along rama 2 rd nicely.

So its time for my keeway to find a new home and for me to find something i like to replace it. Wow, i love those benelli tnt300's. I had a GT750 Ducati and my mate had a 750 Guzzi, so I don't mind italian style bikes.

The local keeway shop has a couple of them on display, but he won't let me test ride one. Does anyone know a benelli dealer in bangkok that gives test rides?

Been living in bangkok now for 18 months, thought it was time i bought a bike. I live near rama 2 rd and there is no point having a biggish bike, traffic is horrible. Been riding bikes since i was 16 years and 9 months old and that was 43 years ago.

Did a lot of reading and looking before deciding to buy something. I love tinkering and thought one of those cheap chinese bikes would suit me. Bought a keeway superlight from samui for the right money and the friendly folk at Thailand Post shipped it for me.

Finished tinkering with it and its quite a good little bike now. It used to rev its poor little head off and with the gearing being 15 front and 41 rear with 15 inch tyres, its no wonder. Tried to get different factory sprockets and wasted 2 days of my life. Found a Thai bike tinkerer who made me a 16 tooth front and a 35 rear. perfect gearing now, it purrs along rama 2 rd nicely.

So its time for my keeway to find a new home and for me to find something i like to replace it. Wow, i love those benelli tnt300's. I had a GT750 Ducati and my mate had a 750 Guzzi, so I don't mind italian style bikes.

The local keeway shop has a couple of them on display, but he won't let me test ride one. Does anyone know a benelli dealer in bangkok that gives test rides?

The dealer on Kaset-Nawamin road does test rides sometimes - depends what they have there

http://www.benelli-thailand.co.th/%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%A7%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2/%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%AF-%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%93%E0%B8%91%E0%B8%A5/

• Like 2

^

I think I would be inclined to ride or drive there. Walk in with my helmet and a thick wallet and ask in person.

Don't forget your passport, which you'll probably have to leave with them. Maybe not if you drive there...wink.png

From what I have gleaned the TNT has the properties of a touring-type bike, I guess because it is heavy. It is not a 300cc crotch rocket.

I'd buy one because, apparently, it sounds nice. (What Seedy said.- I buy bikes with my heart, not with my head.)

Edited by VocalNeal

Here's one for conjecture? Given the size and weight of the TNT300 and its incredibly short stroke and that a CB500 is only 471cc and weighs the same as the TNT. How about TNT300 is actually a shortened stroke 450 or 500 and was designed to be able to be bigger capacity? Rather than say a stretched 250, like the Kawasaki.

Speaking of Benelli, I just saw a TNT 600, inline 4, 2013, 20k km. Aftermarket exhaust etc, advertised for 145k baht.

You could do a lot worse.

thats not the same as the ones for sale now..

Benelli 600 inline 4 has been on sale for a year or two now. Not sure about the price, don't see them too often.

• 4 months later...

Thanks to Garyzx6R as the only person who seems to own one. love an update on this thread as thinking about buying one. Just my IMO, but boy been a bit off topic and a lot of debate about quality. Yes, there were some issues from a Benelli forum concerning coolant system and other oddities on the earlier 2013 bikes in India but this seems to have been sorted out. At 139K still, its a good price.

In my town is a local dealer and has some 250's in there at 94K ... nice looking bike for the cash but no 300 on display. However, on the net looks nice. I have ridden the CBR300F @130K and really don't like it and to be honest I think the overall build quality is poor. The Z300 twin is nice but at 172K the swinging arm looks like it come out of a Honda wave, for me overpriced. My favourite is the MT03 at 177K (on offer at local dealer for 169K end of December 2015).

So for a 300cc bike I reckon there are 4 choices now with the Benelli around ... at 9K more over the Honda its gotta make sense, more power, style etc. etc. but does it even compare to Kawasaki and Yamaha affairs? the price though is attractive at some 30 to 38K less.

All I've found out so far about the Benelli is 1. They are not built in the same factory as a Keeway 2. They out drag a Z300 0-100KPH and the rest has already been mentioned I believe.

Anyone else own one now? Good reports from GaryZX6R and hopefully another update? Cheers all KhruGin

• Like 1

I have ridden one, engine was nice, and it handled well - but gear box was a big crappy, lots of false neutrals or difficult to get into neutral, and a really soft feel to it, always like the gear wasn't engaging - didn't have that clicked in feeling of the Jap bike gear boxes.

It does look good too, reminds me of a mini ER6, but same weight puts me off too

• Like 1

I have ridden one, engine was nice, and it handled well - but gear box was a big crappy, lots of false neutrals or difficult to get into neutral, and a really soft feel to it, always like the gear wasn't engaging - didn't have that clicked in feeling of the Jap bike gear boxes.

It does look good too, reminds me of a mini ER6, but same weight puts me off too

Sounds like he needs the clutch adjusting and also adjusting the gearchange cam lever to his foot. Nothing wrong with my gearbox, no false neutrals,and snicks into gear as good as any bike. From delivery both mine and the neigbours needed to have the clutch and lever cam adjusted correctly to get good gear changes,which I did.

Just fitted a new pair of tires as the OEMs are typical crap.. Got a pair of DURO/TAURUS tires on ,these are made in Thailand in the Dunlop factory I believe. Only been about 100kms on them so far but feel better already.Forgot they cost 2700 bht a pair from eric contona who advertises on the web.

Happy bunny still..

• Like 2

i own a tnt300s, love it.

gas milage is great.

comes from factory with 3year unlimited mileage warranty, how can you beat that.

also has 24hr. bike assist.

benelli has 16 show room/ service centers in thailand. three here in the bangkok area.

personally i feel for the money you can not beat it.

the turn off of a one cylinder bike is it reminds me of the riding lawn mower i used to use, thump,thump.

• Like 2

i own a tnt300s, love it.

gas milage is great.

comes from factory with 3year unlimited mileage warranty, how can you beat that.

also has 24hr. bike assist.

benelli has 16 show room/ service centers in thailand. three here in the bangkok area.

personally i feel for the money you can not beat it.

the turn off of a one cylinder bike is it reminds me of the riding lawn mower i used to use, thump,thump.

I thought the 300 was a twin?

Thanks for the replies. As to the clunky gearbox, yep Gary is right. Spoke to the local dealer again and said this has to be adjusted properly at the shop pdi, maybe some dealers have not done so. Going to have a look at one tomorrow in a nearby town as none on display in my dealers.

Was just going through some specs of its two rivals, the Z300 and MT03 as twin cylinder 300's.

TNT300: Price 139k,300cc, 37.7 bhp, max torque 27nm, dry weight 185kg

Z300: Price 172K,296cc, 39.0 bhp, max torque 27nm, dry weight 170kg

MT03: Price 177k,321cc, 41.4 bhp, max torque 30nm, dry weight 175kg

So as folk have pointed out a heavy bike but not as exaggerated as some claim. As perfomance goes pretty similar to a Z300 but behind the MT03 (mainly due to cc of engine). As for price, way behind as you can see. As for an Italian bike built in China versus say a Japanese bike built in Indonesia (MT03) well then I've given up on the idea that its inferior in any way. As a side spec too, all these bikes run on the same size tyres, 110/70 17 inch front and 140/70 17inch rear. If you care to go through all the other specs of these bikes then the Benelli favourably squares up to the pricier bikes.

If I like it tomorrow, ill order one for the school break. Thanks again for all your replies and especially Garyzx6r for being so helpful. Ty KhruGin

After intensive investigation I bought a green Benelli TNT300 from Pattaya Benelli, more on price and specification than anything else as I had compared it with all the competition, got it for 135000 Baht with 1 years free insurance, free Benelli backpack and 3 years free servicing (labour only) I have now done over 300 miles and it has never missed a beat, it did have a few minor faults but these have been sorted.

I had the wheels powder coated in gold, the belly pan painted green, added carbon look crash mushrooms to frame and rear wheel, also added Benelli and Italy badges to make it stand out.

I get lots of people wanting to talk about the bike and only get good comments on the looks.

They seem to be selling lots of the 300s and quite a few 600s mainly to Thais, I noticed 4 new 600s arrived last week now there is only 1 left, there are promotions and free insurance on both bikes so I guess that is the reason for good sales.

Great looking bike - thanks for sharing.....

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. As to the clunky gearbox, yep Gary is right. Spoke to the local dealer again and said this has to be adjusted properly at the shop pdi, maybe some dealers have not done so. Going to have a look at one tomorrow in a nearby town as none on display in my dealers.

Was just going through some specs of its two rivals, the Z300 and MT03 as twin cylinder 300's.

TNT300: Price 139k,300cc, 37.7 bhp, max torque 27nm, dry weight 185kg

Z300: Price 172K,296cc, 39.0 bhp, max torque 27nm, dry weight 170kg

MT03: Price 177k,321cc, 41.4 bhp, max torque 30nm, dry weight 175kg

So as folk have pointed out a heavy bike but not as exaggerated as some claim. As perfomance goes pretty similar to a Z300 but behind the MT03 (mainly due to cc of engine). As for price, way behind as you can see. As for an Italian bike built in China versus say a Japanese bike built in Indonesia (MT03) well then I've given up on the idea that its inferior in any way. As a side spec too, all these bikes run on the same size tyres, 110/70 17 inch front and 140/70 17inch rear. If you care to go through all the other specs of these bikes then the Benelli favourably squares up to the pricier bikes.

If I like it tomorrow, ill order one for the school break. Thanks again for all your replies and especially Garyzx6r for being so helpful. Ty KhruGin

Agree the Benelli makes a lot of sense...

I read a test report where the journalist said the TNT300 was the best sounding twin cylinder bike on the planet......

• Like 2