Canadian found hanged in Phuket home. Suicide, police say

Lite Beer

Were his hands tied too?

How do these crazy foreigners tie their own hands and then hang themselves?

Only in Thailand!

"How do these crazy foreigners tie their own hands and then hang themselves?"

Which crazy foreigners? Has there been more than one?

Why do these crazy TV posters make up this crap?

Only on ThaiVisa.

It is sad that such a young man is dead.

And I guess it is interesting to some to discuss the possible ways you could commit suicide.

But, the point some of you seem to be missing is that very many foreigners are found dead in Thailand and if it is remotely believable...and sometimes unbelievable, the police deem it as a suicide.

I believe many are not suicides and this is a way to avoid the work of an actual investigation and tourist deterring publicity.

These are not Thai people and the Thai police don't care.

In fact, for reasons stated above, they want it forgotten as soon as possible.

This is what should be discussed here,

not the poor young man who died or the method he chose to die.

There is a good chance that it was not his choice to die!!!!

There is also a better than good chance that you are talking nonsense.

No reason or personal issue is sufficient to justify the loss of your young life.

... from your perspective. I wouldn't be so hasty with such sentiments. Might seem bewildering, but one would need to walk a mile in their shoes.

I have been living here in thailand for over 3 years, and been followed news from thailand almost every day. I must admit and have never heard so many foreigner take there own lives in other countries like here in Thailand. For me it seems like people travel to Thailand. Having the good life, and then kill them self. But again, it cut be because it's news every time a foreigner kill them selves, like when the news has spots on airplane crashes.

RIP

Two things at play here. 1) you're reading foreigner-specific news media and so these incidents become more prominent in terms of proportion to overall 'news stories'. 2) the media in many countries don't report on suicides other than those of celebrities.

At this point in time if a Thai thug wants to rob and kill someone, all they have to do is make the simplest attempt to disguise their violence and the police will assume it's a suicide. How convenient for both thugs and police that they have come to this agreement

Can't believe this. I've known this guy and his girlfriend for 3+ years. He came to thailand for a few weeks every 3-4 months.

Always nice. Never heard anything about drugs. Just the normal alcohol.

It baffles me, why do so many people come to Thailand to commit suicide, stay home and do it

I don't know lets see the choices if you're gonna do it.

A, Go some place with cheap beer, fantastic weather, beautiful willing women and enjoy your last pocketful of cash like a rockstar or

B. Hang yourself in Canada or some other hole.

PS. I vaguely knew the guy and he worked in Canada I believe in forestry to save up for a yearly visit to Phuket. Someone who knew him much better than me or any poster i've seen so far said he was ringing to bell at the bars the night he hung himself, something he would NEVER do before, perhaps a final hoorah.

Edited by TacoHell
  • Like 1

Canada is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, just like my own country, Norway. The scenery and the endless wilderness is spectacular over there, one day I hope to see it myself.

If people are depressed and suicidal it could happen anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

No reason or personal issue is sufficient to justify the loss of your young life.

... from your perspective. I wouldn't be so hasty with such sentiments. Might seem bewildering, but one would need to walk a mile in their shoes.

I have been living here in thailand for over 3 years, and been followed news from thailand almost every day. I must admit and have never heard so many foreigner take there own lives in other countries like here in Thailand. For me it seems like people travel to Thailand. Having the good life, and then kill them self. But again, it cut be because it's news every time a foreigner kill them selves, like when the news has spots on airplane crashes.

RIP

Many people who move to Thailand are hopeless people who couldn't make it in their home country, and think Thailand is the promised land.

I've never seen such a high percentage of losers in any expat community anywhere in the world.

I don't say the person mentioned in the OP belongs to that category, as I don't know him, it is just an observation I made in Thailand and explains the high number of suicides in my opinion.

"couldn´t make it in their home country" ... couldn´t make what - have you any idea what you are talking about or just bs coming out of your mouth ? You are one of those expats that everybody is looking at and think: what a douche ...

The Thai Girls who throw falangs from balconies society must be the world's #1 terrorist group. They have never failed in their jobs - no falang has ever woken up and said <deleted> is going on. No one has ever been caught. All BiB no matter where they are - Phuket. Pattaya, Bangkok - are paid off and keep quiet or just plain inefficient. No one in the society has ever broken ranks.

And achieving all this at, generally speaking, half the body weight of their victims.

Indeed very scary or at least something on these type topics is.

RIP to the Canadian - he was a neighbour of ours but sadly did not know him.

BTW I have never seen so many imbecille comments about a Young mans death - possibly murdered .... bah.gif

Possibly murdered?

Care to share where you got that theory?

I believe he meant that other posters were implying it wasn't suicide.

RIP Mr Barwise.

re. the number of suicides here: a friend of mine once said to me when I described another expat as "a bit of a weirdo": "We're all a bit weird to live here".

Had to agree with him.

• Like 1

BTW I have never seen so many imbecille comments about a Young mans death - possibly murdered .... bah.gif

Possibly murdered?

Care to share where you got that theory?

I believe he meant that other posters were implying it wasn't suicide.

RIP Mr Barwise.

re. the number of suicides here: a friend of mine once said to me when I described another expat as "a bit of a weirdo": "We're all a bit weird to live here".

Had to agree with him.

I see there has been another suicide of a Brit reported elsewhere.

And, while I don't know the circumstances, a farang has been found dead in his room this afternoon near the north end of Nanai.