Americans in Thailand, how do you feel?

willyumiii

Haven't noticed anything different in my interactions with Thais.

Yet I do feel an increase in hostility, mostly from those Brits and Aussies who disliked us in the first place. coffee1.gif

There is another thread where a non-American mentioned how many expats were losers in their own countries.

The UK and Aus. are tiny with combined populations about 1/4 of the US. Yet they are vastly overrepresented as expats in Thailand. That's because they hate themselves and their countries. As bitter old men they are jealous and have to be bitter toward others.

In 30 years their countries will be muslim due to immigration and breeding rates. They know it. They are powerless to do anything about it because their governments disarmed them.

They actually hate their countries and it shows in a multitude of posts. They have nowhere to go home to. They don't recognize their countries due to immigration and PC governments.

They've given up their sovereign borders to an international group and they no longer can claim patriotic pride. All they can do is criticise those who have an independent country with patriotism and who do have the power to change things. They criticize America AND their own countries. They are lost and broken.

They no longer understand being patriotic and think that those who are have lost the plot when in truth they have lost the plot and have lost their way. They are people without a country. They drink their days away in Thailand realizing that the old saying is true: "Wherever you go, there you are."

As Samuel Johnson said 'patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel' and having read your ill conceived post I believe he must of been thinking of someone like you.

What did they do when they brainwashed you? Did they open a flap in your skull, or just drill holes in it?

Coming from you that. Is absolutely Priceless.

There are times and threads which outlive themselves after they deviate and degenerate so far from the topic and just become a shouting match.

Gentlemen, this is one, maybe it's time to let it peacefully die

He used the word, "Gentlemen" ???

You know, it strikes me that Thai people and Americans have a fair bit of common ground. After all, they're both raised to believe that their country is the best there is, in a environment with minimal interest in the world outside their borders.

• Like 1

Most Americans probably feeler safer in Thailand, mainly due to the archaic gun laws in the states and how unsafe it's become over there because of it.

Just a few days ago, a toddler shot both of his parent in one go. That comes only weeks after another toddler shot his mother.

It seems to be catching on, even the babies are getting in on the shoot out action.

Of course according to some, the rest of the world has the problems because they're yet to arm their babies with handguns.

• Like 2

You know, it strikes me that Thai people and Americans have a fair bit of common ground. After all, they're both raised to believe that their country is the best there is, in a environment with minimal interest in the world outside their borders.

A very very accurate statement sir biker. Stop making me agree with you. :P

Yeah and they have never won a war on their own, other than a civil one

• Like 1

Did you really just notice that now, or is this more of that 'bantering' thing you guys are so good at?

P.S. The comparison is specious, in my opinion.

Having put the question in an open forum why is there so much objection to what must have been expected? Perhaps the healthy way to see it is as a part and parcel of the answers to the question? Or is confirmation of some "truths" not welcome? Thus calls to shut the topic down. Hmmmm. Is that like "cut and run"?

Did you really just notice that now, or is this more of that 'bantering' thing you guys are so good at?

It occured to me. I posted it.

I look forward to your counter-argument.

• Like 1

Yeah and they have never won a war on their own, other than a civil one

According to some of their shooters, the civil war is yet to start and they madly gather their weapons for the upcoming war.

In the mean time they practice their shooting. Skills on each other.

It's the greatest country in the world, did you know.

• Like 1

It occured to me. I posted it.

I look forward to your counter-argument.

My question itself was an attempt at bantering. Perhaps too meta. But anyway...

From the outset, Thai nationalism struck an eerily familiar cord with me. But the similarities are pretty superficial. For one thing U.S. identity is more grounded in reality, as we've actually played major roles in shaping the world's politics, pop culture, economics, the sciences, etc.

As for taking a minimal interest in the world outside our borders, that is patently false...at least it is now, since the advent of the internet. These days, Americans are as engrossed as anyone in world affairs. Thais, by and large, still appear intent to naval gaze.

Henry Ford makes for a good example of the differences between Americans and Thais: all he accomplished is as American as it gets. Yet some Thais think Ford is Thai because they have a factory here.

• Like 1

Nobody likes America but we sure get a lot of people from Europe, Asia Africa and Latin America as well as the Mid east that want to move to America and have their children become Americans. Why?

Who says nobody likes 'murika?

I think lots of folk somehow envisage a better life than in the shiteholes they live in.. Whether it works out for them or not is a different thing.

I've been there many times.. I personally wouldn't want to stay there, and that's not to say I don't like 'murcians .. I just feel there's better ways of living else where in the world.

Tell me why do you guys always feel, and react so sensitively, about what people think of you?

You just people like the other 7,293,108,475 folk that are alive on this here people farm- You ain't no better or worse.

"Tell me why do you guys always feel, and react so sensitively, about what people think of you?"

I don't speak for all 300 million of us obviously, but what irks me most and gets me riled up some days is that we're damned if we do, damned if we don't. One group's yelling for 'assistance,' the other is rolling its collective eyes at yet more intervention by the U.S. in things that are none of our business. The world and its people love to criticize and voice hatred, but never any gratitude.

Example: Was participating in a Facebook thread that was overrun with Middle Easterners screaming death to America, yet there they were utilizing American technology that had given them a voice in the world. More so than their own governments.

I suppose that's all the more reason not to be so sensitive--knowing that we'll always be angering some, while never pleasing just about anyone. violin.gif

Why not learn from the Thias and have some Mai Pen Rai, Jai Yen Yen..

Sadly, I think you guys don;t always "get it" when we're messing with you guys..

Really, I feel, 'muricans fail at banter.

You wouldn't last 5 minutes in a London pub before losing your cool.

English folk like to take the pish and mock each other, each other's football team, shirt, haircut, car, wife, your mum... - the trick is to realise its banter.

My experience is if, and when, you do lose your cool, someone bigger badder, sharper tongued, will cut you down.

PS not a lot of ground to gained by arguing on facebutt with the Muzzies

Also bear in mind that a British chap invented the WWW .. Bless his cotton pantz!

If you guys haven't realized by now that I have been having a ball playing with you tonight..I just might make it more than five minutes in a London pub!

I have enjoyed it thoroughly.

Sorry if I hurt any feelings.

When you show your buttons...I push!

Good night!

• Like 2

@2fishin2

this is your quote,,,,, Yes they were....getting their assess handed to them until, the yanks arrived and bailed them out smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqNPM4cy2e

you lot only joined the war because the japs did you big time,,,,,, now that was a good movie,

bring it on, another wana be hero

• Like 1

Soi biker: 45,654,234

Athomslife: 0

Yikes! Mind filling me in on the scoring criteria?

Tip. Old soi biker has a glass jaw, aim for that or run him down at the next intersection.....Tip 2. He rides a bicycle (missing saddle) biggrin.png

Like this guy?

IT_(South_Park%3B_The_Entity).jpeg

• Like 1

Nobody likes America but we sure get a lot of people from Europe, Asia Africa and Latin America as well as the Mid east that want to move to America and have their children become Americans. Why?

Who says nobody likes 'murika?

I think lots of folk somehow envisage a better life than in the shiteholes they live in.. Whether it works out for them or not is a different thing.

I've been there many times.. I personally wouldn't want to stay there, and that's not to say I don't like 'murcians .. I just feel there's better ways of living else where in the world.

Tell me why do you guys always feel, and react so sensitively, about what people think of you?

You just people like the other 7,293,108,475 folk that are alive on this here people farm- You ain't no better or worse.

"Tell me why do you guys always feel, and react so sensitively, about what people think of you?"

I don't speak for all 300 million of us obviously, but what irks me most and gets me riled up some days is that we're damned if we do, damned if we don't. One group's yelling for 'assistance,' the other is rolling its collective eyes at yet more intervention by the U.S. in things that are none of our business. The world and its people love to criticize and voice hatred, but never any gratitude.

Example: Was participating in a Facebook thread that was overrun with Middle Easterners screaming death to America, yet there they were utilizing American technology that had given them a voice in the world. More so than their own governments.

I suppose that's all the more reason not to be so sensitive--knowing that we'll always be angering some, while never pleasing just about anyone. violin.gif

Why not learn from the Thias and have some Mai Pen Rai, Jai Yen Yen..

Sadly, I think you guys don;t always "get it" when we're messing with you guys..

Really, I feel, 'muricans fail at banter.

You wouldn't last 5 minutes in a London pub before losing your cool.

English folk like to take the pish and mock each other, each other's football team, shirt, haircut, car, wife, your mum... - the trick is to realise its banter.

My experience is if, and when, you do lose your cool, someone bigger badder, sharper tongued, will cut you down.

PS not a lot of ground to gained by arguing on facebutt with the Muzzies

Also bear in mind that a British chap invented the WWW .. Bless his cotton pantz!

Got cha

Im an American in Thailand...

How do I feel?

I got a hangover and an empty wallet,

I need to go to ATM,

get some food and pay last nights grunter so she can go home, not bug me all day.....

Then I can go back to my room close the curtains and sleep as it is too hot outside at the moment..

Im an Americian in Thailand and thats how I feel...

cheers

• Like 2

If you have not figured out by now that I have been having fun with you Britts all night, I guess I might last more than five minutes in a London Pub.

Can't resist pushing buttons when they are so obvious.

And you guys wear them on your sleeves.

Something to remember.

Every country has their own version of history and most of us believe what we are told.

I believe most of history, from every country, is mostly lies!

It's been fun.

Good nightwai2.gif

Edited by willyumiii
  • Like 1

If you have not figured out by now that I have been having fun with you Britts all night, I guess I might last more than five minutes in a London Pub.

Something to remember.

Every country has their own version of history and most of us believe what we are told.

It's been fun.

Good nightwai2.gif

Nice try.

Something to remember.

It's been fun.

Good nightwai2.gif

i supose thats one way of getting out of it,

you had better PM neversure and tell him you was only joking, because the way i see it old chap you got more yanks going then you did brits,,

we know what your like,,,,

And now for something completely different.

I'm an alien I'm a legal alien

I'm an Englishman in New York

I'm an alien I'm a legal alien

I'm an Englishman in New York

That song has been updated, The new Thai version:

I'm an alien,

I'm a legal alien.

I'm an old Farang in Bangkok!