What are your plans if you get Cancer?

georgegeorgia

Personally I'm not planning for cancer, alien invasion, asteroids, war, car crash, falling down the stairs, snake bites..

I deal with these things as and when they arrive.

Life's too short to worry about..

Amen to that Mr, Tree....a man after my own heart.. I once hear it said "It's presumptuous of any man to assume there is another day in store for him" .so enjoy each one to it's fullest. We determine our future by what we focus on today.....I have learned to focus only on the positive....it works very well for me since adopting that attitude (and knowledge).

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given these reasons, dietary changes and will power seem unlikely to be very fruitful in my opinion. But that is a matter for individuals. It is just deciding without knowing the background is never wise

Sorry too late to edit: I am a strong believer in altering diet to prevent cancers, the evidence for this is overwhelming.

Doing this you are helping to prevent the accumulating gene damages over time that cause cancer.

What I do not believe is that, once you have a cell that has become cancerous and is dividing out of control because it has already accumulated 4 or 5 mutated genes, changing your diet can do anything about that. It has already happened and won't go back.

http://www.cancertutor.com/

read up as much as you can NOW before you get sick, inform yourself

the ORTHODOX medicine cancer threatment is only , cut, poison or irradiate

there are so many alternatives

if i would get the bad news, first try a few months with alternatives, if it does not work, go for the chemical stuff

strange, but when they ask doctors what they would do for themselves or family members, if they got cancer, they mostly reply : NO CHEMO, NO SURGERY, NO RADIATION

look it up

Pallietive care all they do is give u pain control medicine...sometimes too much.

The Oncologists are liars and cheats and will try to bullshit you.

They get kick backs...free holidays etc from the medical companies.

They drive luxury cars and and cant cure you once you get this.

Biggest lot of cr..p I have ever read. Have been there done it, op chemo etc. and recovered. The oncologist was great, very helpful and I funded it myself. Oncologists are doctors and I have to meet one who is as you say. Not sure where you come from but it sounds like the middle of nowhere someplace.

Personally I'm not planning for cancer, alien invasion, asteroids, war, car crash, falling down the stairs, snake bites..

I deal with these things as and when they arrive.

Life's too short to worry about..

So please be real on this and think what will happen if you get this?

Have to agree with Mr. Tee.

My insurance would cover whatever, but I don't plan to live forever (although some days I feel like I already have) and unless some highly successful treatment had a fairly quick and easy cure procedure, I don't plan to spend my remaining time here being a professional full-time patient (aka guinea pig) no matter who's paying for it.

And I certainly don't plan to spend time now wringing my hands and worrying about something that may or may not ever happen. I'll wait until I have cancer or some other disease before suffering from it.

cancer loves sugar

cancer cells take up 10x more glucose than normal cells

first step for cancer threatment : no more sugar, no more flour, no more caffeine, no more meat

full vegan with low GI fruit & vegetables

as most people in the west eat more than 30 grams of sugar per day, more likely 100 - 200 grams per day , you are fueling your own death

sugar seems to be addictive & poisonous like illegal drugs

but most people laugh that idea away

anyone entitled to their own opinion

oncologists get a % of the chemical stuff they manage to sell, that is a proven fact

medicine is no longer to help people, but the fuel their own greedy pockets and big pharma pleases them with free gifts, travels, incentives ...

The Doctor asked me if she could give Mum a syringe driver of morphine,she said this will help her breathe.

I had no idea what a syringe driver was but it was a little machine that pumps the morphine into her.

Towards the end of the day she appeared "drunk" but in a happy type state.

I was worried about her so i told her I will ask the doctor to take it off but my mum said no leave it on.

The last thing she said which was quite strange was "is this the last place you go to before you go up there? Pointing towards the roof.

Anyway she died about 6 hours later,her breathing was going slower.

I really really think the Doctors do help them along to go..i really do.

It must be that stuff inside the syringe..is it morphine that makes their breathing go slow???

I was very angry at that Doctor at first but Mum was in pain so maybe the better thing.

I dont how she got this cancer,only about 4 months ago she was hanging out the washing and walking everyday.

Just happens I guess.

I just took her to the hospital because she was feeling tired and started to cough a lot then they found advanced cancer.

As for Ron my friend who owned a bar,he was also feeling tired and started to get stomach pains then they found cancer in him too.

He knew he was dying..sure they gave him Chemo but it only took about 6 months from diagnosis and he was gone.

As for those saying they will beat it by eating natural foods...you cant eat once you get this...you become skin and bones...not sure how you are going to force yourself to eat...then the cancer spreads and eats away your body..usually the spine..then your bedridden ...then the tongue the throat so cant swallow then the lungs so u gasp for air...then they get out the syringe driver and to help you on your way.

The nurses that work in the cancer wards should be given medals,i couldnt do it.

Please check to see of your insurance covers Palliative Care..because usually once the hospital says we cant do anymore for you...you can either go home to die or try to find a hospice or a nursing home.

In Thailand if you choose at home then you will need at least a visiting nurse to give you pain treatment..take u to the toilet ..feed you if you can still eat or through the stomach.

I think Pattaya hospital have a Palliative Care ward but im not sure 100%.

The other Aussie friend Mick went into Sattahip where i think they hadva palliative care ward but was limited to 22 days.

Of course family members may jump into want to help..that may sound ok.mbut if your bedridden that means chsnging your underwear...nappy ...etc.

By this time my experience tells me thst your ready and wanting to leave this earth.

Im sorry for being graphic..but this is what i saw and experienced going to visit and constantly be around cancer wards and patients.

Nice post George. Glad to read that your Mom died with you there and it seems free of pain.

It must be that stuff inside the syringe..is it morphine that makes their breathing go slow???

Sorry for your loss. Yes, its morphine that may make breathing increasingly shallow. Above 30mg at one time its a respiratory depressant, but cumulatively it can achieve depression with less dose. Oddly, for some illnesses, morphine can actually aid respiration. I believe morphine and derived drugs are among the cheapest drugs on earth. The notion there would be restrictions (beyond the sensible) in palliative care is shocking. Its our most basic humanity that should guide us in making another peaceful, or at least manageable pain before they leave this world. The last thing my father pleaded was "the pain... make it stop... no more. No more!" We demanded more pain relief and he died a few hours later.

In any event, I have no idea what I will do. I suppose if I know I will die I will elect to die here rather than in some VA hospital back in US. Once you know what you have, its stage, and what options are available, unless your in denial, you will be able to make a plan. For those who have this happen, I would highly suggest the HemiSync tapes by Elizabeth Kubler Ross, Going Home. This is a very good audio process for preparing to die. Fewer tools can prepare you as well.

I would eat a good healthy raw food vegan diet and take cannabis oil, I certainly wouldn't let the doctors near me with there chemicals radiation and heroin.

Hey Buckoy, do you eat and live this way now? Just curious because you said "would." thumbsup.gif

georgegeorgia -- I've been with a number of cancer victims at the end here in Thailand and the lucky ones get morphine. Not everyone does. I've witnessed some awful deaths. So, please don't beat yourself up about accepting morphine for your Mum. You did the right thing. I've been with cancer victims who would have been so thankful for the final gift of morphine.

why were they not allowed morphine?

They were not given morphine because their cancer had never been properly diagnosed or staged. They had neglected getting treatment, waiting too long to get help and then when they were finally brought to hospital all that was treated were the obvious symptoms, but since the cancer hadn't been properly staged (or in some cases even really diagnosed -- just "suspected" but they lacked funds for proper diagnosis) they weren't given morphine even though it was obvious they were in pain.

Edited by NancyL

georgegeorgia -- I've been with a number of cancer victims at the end here in Thailand and the lucky ones get morphine. Not everyone does. I've witnessed some awful deaths. So, please don't beat yourself up about accepting morphine for your Mum. You did the right thing. I've been with cancer victims who would have been so thankful for the final gift of morphine.

OP you have nothing to be regretful about - morphine is the only humane treatment at the end - you made the correct decision.

I plan to return home to the UK should I need any major health treatment.

Edited by Jaggg88

if diagnosed i would make a radical change to my bodies fuel source , i believe our bodies if given the right conditions can reverse many diseases including cancer , no drugs for me only what nature can provide ... i also have lost many family /friends to cancer , we all must make our own choices on how to treat cancer , for me it would not be dependant on the medical system.

Interesting point.

So, I guess you don't vaccinate your kids (or wouldn't yourself), don't take penicillin (or any antibiotic) if you have an infection, or an aspirin for a headache?

Morphine is from a natural plant - a certain type of poppy. Its medicinal properties are remarkable. Penicillin has arguably had the largest impact on humanity of any medication and it too was from a naturally occurring organism. Many (most?) medications are found in nature and then developed from there.

I am not advocating the use of meds to solve every problem with the human body, but they do have efficacy. One needs to be intelligent about these things and work with their doctor and make informed decisions in concert with the doc, where possible.

I guess we agree - it is best not to be dependent on the medical system. And regarding chemo... I have seen both sides of the coin, so I would not immediately accept it - it depends on so many things. I have a close friend who has survived 20 years with 2 bouts of leukemia and chemo was the key to get him cancer free. He is also lucky in that it does not make him sick.

It is ignorant to ignore or dismiss the the massive amount of good doctors and medicine do for people.

Then i guess you dont have health insurance in Thailand.

I have the very best health plan offered by BUPA and cancer is not covered. From my understanding, this is quite common. I think cancer coverage can be purchased separately. Considering I am in my late 20's, I have taken the gamble that I won't get cancer. If I do, I will probably have to return to America where my health coverage does indeed include coverage for cancer.

I just checked.. and mine includes the coverage (Company Gold).

Regards,

Kurt

if diagnosed i would make a radical change to my bodies fuel source , i believe our bodies if given the right conditions can reverse many diseases including cancer , no drugs for me only what nature can provide ... i also have lost many family /friends to cancer , we all must make our own choices on how to treat cancer , for me it would not be dependant on the medical system.

Interesting point.

So, I guess you don't vaccinate your kids (or wouldn't yourself), don't take penicillin (or any antibiotic) if you have an infection, or an aspirin for a headache?

Morphine is from a natural plant - a certain type of poppy. Its medicinal properties are remarkable. Penicillin has arguably had the largest impact on humanity of any medication and it too was from a naturally occurring organism. Many (most?) medications are found in nature and then developed from there.

I am not advocating the use of meds to solve every problem with the human body, but they do have efficacy. One needs to be intelligent about these things and work with their doctor and make informed decisions in concert with the doc, where possible.

I guess we agree - it is best not to be dependent on the medical system. And regarding chemo... I have seen both sides of the coin, so I would not immediately accept it - it depends on so many things. I have a close friend who has survived 20 years with 2 bouts of leukemia and chemo was the key to get him cancer free. He is also lucky in that it does not make him sick.

It is ignorant to ignore or dismiss the the massive amount of good doctors and medicine do for people.

no my kids dont get vaccinated , i am allergic to penicillin and i use baking soda for headaches ..i too have seen both sides of the equation and strongly believe that doctors/medicines have a role to play, however this is about personal choice , given my history of experiences with cancer ..i chose to prevent cancer occuring rather than try to treat it after the fact ...however i would not have chemo or radiation under any circumstances if it was to happen ... but again thats my choice not my doctors ...

I would eat a good healthy raw food vegan diet and take cannabis oil, I certainly wouldn't let the doctors near me with there chemicals radiation and heroin.

Hey Buckoy, do you eat and live this way now? Just curious because you said "would." thumbsup.gif
I don't follow this diet strictly now, but I do eat only organic where I can and try and eat raw food every day. I don't eat processed foods or any refined food stuffs and only eat meat once a day. I have been eating like this since my mother died in 2010 of breast cancer and my father died of bladder cancer in 2011. I also consume cannabis oil as a preventive measure and a general health booster.

Thanks for taking an interest in my diet, I can send you a sample of my stools for you to check if you like.

I was diagnosed with Stage III colon cancer in 2012. Found a US trained Thai surgeon in BKK to remove it. By 2013 it had spread to my lungs. (another surgery). The metastasis continued and I now have many small tumors in each lung. Surgery or radiation is not possible or recommended. Chemo is offered only as a palliative. I am using some alternative medicines, and traditional Thai medicine and it has slowed the growth of the cancer, so maybe I've got a few more miles left in me. I am not going to go to great lengths and spend my last dime on the cancer industry in order to live a little longer. I feel fine now, but

I am 71 and have had a good run and will do my best to enjoy what's left here in Thailand with my beautiful
Thai wife. After that, bring on the morphine and light the fire at the wat.

For what it's worth, I got excellent care at Bangkok Christian Hospital and Chulalongkorn ( gov't hospital ). I had three surgeries and each required a hospital stay of about three weeks. The charges were very reasonable and amounted to less than my deductible and co-payments under Medicare in the States.

I have metastatic colon/rectal cancer, diagnosed few months ago,

after I was complaining about, of all things a pain in my right rib,

I thought I had cracked/broken the rig after slipping and smacking my back against new stud wall, we were building

wife finally got tired of my whinging about the pain,

I kept saying the bloody thing will heal in 4 weeks if cracked, 6 weeks if broken, I have had broken rigs before

so of the local hospital I go, lovey Thai doctor say , something wrong here, you need better x-rays

great thinks me, more bloody money for nothing, but wifey says, you bloody go,

have better x-ray, she never swore before she met me, hmmm?

new expensive but very clear x-ray shows, my 8 rib starboard side, had a bloody big black lump

and then the dreaded words

"you have cancer"

the fastest trip to Australia ever

St V's hospital Melbourne with Peter Mac cancer hospital, PET and CAT scans

revealed the full extent

along with the missing rib, it's also in my Liver, STB Lung, with 2 more lumps attached to upper and lower intestines

so it's Chemo, I take a oral drug 14 days on 7 days off

have now had 2x 10 doses radiation to the STB rib, still bloody painful the rib

so the final plan!!

have as much fun with my wife and our small sons, when and where possible

live as long as I can, without being bed ridden

then eat the family revolver, when the morphine pills stop working

I don't follow this diet strictly now, but I do eat only organic where I can and try and eat raw food every day. I don't eat processed foods or any refined food stuffs and only eat meat once a day. I have been eating like this since my mother died in 2010 of breast cancer and my father died of bladder cancer in 2011. I also consume cannabis oil as a preventive measure and a general health booster.

Thanks for taking an interest in my diet, I can send you a sample of my stools for you to check if you like.

Wow, its rarely that people so evidently reveal so much about themselves; in your case, it was the last sentence.

I was diagnosed with Stage III colon cancer in 2012. Found a US trained Thai surgeon in BKK to remove it. By 2013 it had spread to my lungs. (another surgery). The metastasis continued and I now have many small tumors in each lung. Surgery or radiation is not possible or recommended. Chemo is offered only as a palliative. I am using some alternative medicines, and traditional Thai medicine and it has slowed the growth of the cancer, so maybe I've got a few more miles left in me. I am not going to go to great lengths and spend my last dime on the cancer industry in order to live a little longer. I feel fine now, but

I am 71 and have had a good run and will do my best to enjoy what's left here in Thailand with my beautiful

Thai wife. After that, bring on the morphine and light the fire at the wat.

For what it's worth, I got excellent care at Bangkok Christian Hospital and Chulalongkorn ( gov't hospital ). I had three surgeries and each required a hospital stay of about three weeks. The charges were very reasonable and amounted to less than my deductible and co-payments under Medicare in the States.

Im sorry to hear this..i feel for you,I know what your family must be going through.

Yes chemo was offered as palliative to my mum too but she decided against it.

I am happy to hear the Thai herbal medicine is going well.

Edited by georgegeorgia

If I got Cancer I think I go to my Bucket list of about 10 things I want to do . I watched my mother battle it for several yrs. And her last month was very difficult for me to see. So for me I think while still able I do what would made me happy Life is short so enjoy it while you can